Not mentioning disboards much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. But, Disney as a whole does not seem to be much of a topic on the boards, either. Activity seems to have slowed and other topics often getting the most attention. Not a criticism, just an observation as I love my friends on here.
I love your avatar. What a beautiful cat! She looks like one I had, but prettier.

Seems like DCL is where Petes interest and passion is right now. Ill always support Pete regardless...

Cant remember last time he was in a park though haha

Is it my imagination or has the Disunplugged stopped talking about Disboards much? It seems like every week, they used to mention an interesting thread or bring a topic up from the Disboards. Are they purposely distancing themselves from the forums for some reason?
Back in the old days, before there were 150 boards and there was some semblance of freedom of speech, the conversations were electric. You could literally make a post and it would be off of the first page of the board within an hour. The Podcast team talked about the boards and the boards talked about what was said on the Podcast each week. Unfortunately the podcast team didn't want to hear anything but positive or rosy colored sunglasses topics. They've got their employees genning up informational post here and there, but for the most part, the main characters on the team don't really care about the boards anymore, or at least, they're not actively posting.

Back in the old days, before there were 150 boards and there was some semblance of freedom of speech, the conversations were electric. You could literally make a post and it would be off of the first page of the board within an hour. The Podcast team talked about the boards and the boards talked about what was said on the Podcast each week. Unfortunately the podcast team didn't want to hear anything but positive or rosy colored sunglasses topics. They've got their employees genning up informational post here and there, but for the most part, the main characters on the team don't really care about the boards anymore, or at least, they're not actively posting.
I wonder if some of that is due the boards not being as busy as they once were. I have noticed a lot of people have left.

Curious what you mean by a perceived lack of freedom of speech?

This is an interesting thread, as I too have noticed recently very little discussion about the boards, and good deal of time/content is now spent on DVC and DCL. I would really like to see them bring back the 7 in 7, or do more dining shows outside of the quick service reviews. I also miss John and Kevin on the shows, not on much these days at all.

Curious what you mean by a perceived lack of freedom of speech?
We don’t allow bashing of people on the boards. Some people disagree with ideas, which is fine, and some people are mean about the people themselves, which is uncool and hurtful, so we don’t allow that and some people don’t like that. (This is a general comment and not aimed at anyone specifically. )

The podcasters are not really posters on the boards. Sometimes one or two might post, but not on a regular basis, and many of them have never been on the boards. This particular forum was created for users like us that frequent the disboards and like to talk about the podcasts.

(Edited for clarity about disagreeing with opinions)

Last edited:
This is an interesting thread, as I too have noticed recently very little discussion about the boards, and good deal of time/content is now spent on DVC and DCL. I would really like to see them bring back the 7 in 7, or do more dining shows outside of the quick service reviews. I also miss John and Kevin on the shows, not on much these days at all.
Well, inasmuch as the Boards (and vlogs) exist to drive people to the various real estate, travel agency and lending arms of the owner and staff ventures, it's only logical that content centers around them.

Message Boards have decreased in overall popularity over the last ten years or so, having been overtaken by the more convenient social media outlets.

The inane "games" that people here "play" (ostensibly to up their post count for God-knows-what-reason) seem to be the most popular things here these days. Really only slightly exaggerating here.

The Mods by and large do a great job. Some people just want to cause trouble.

The reality is virtually all message boards have experienced a decrease in traffic over the last 10-15 years due to other, broader Social Media platforms. Most message boards have flat out disappeared. The fact this one still exists and has the traffic it does is testament to how well it is run AND moderated.

I didn't say there is a "perceived" lack of freedom of speech what ever that means. Post are moved from and/or locked on all of the Disboards all of the time. A good example, is when a post is moved from the Podcast Board, the typical explanation given is that the post had nothing to do with the Podcast. Okay that's fine, though there's a post called D.O.C.'s on the board right now that has nothing to do with the Podcast and is completely racist in nature. The only explanation given by the Moderators for why it hasn't been moved or locked is that "they like it", so it stays, which is totally contrary to stated policy. That's speech control. The Moderator said they don't allow "bashing of people". That sounds good, but unfortunately, the term "bashing of people" became all encompassing and its meaning expanded to the point to where if the Moderator doesn't like the subject matter the post is moved or locked whether what was being said in the post is against stated policy or not. That's speech control.

If you say "back in the old days, there used to be freedom of speech" you're implying that it's in some ways since been diminished. But who cares, really? This is a private company and they can set whatever rules they want.

While DISboards is still very active, I feel like discussion boards are a thing of the past with most people focusing on social media such as TikTok, Instagram and sometimes Facebook. I feel like FB is going the way of the dodo too.

The Mods by and large do a great job. Some people just want to cause trouble.

The reality is virtually all message boards have experienced a decrease in traffic over the last 10-15 years due to other, broader Social Media platforms. Most message boards have flat out disappeared. The fact this one still exists and has the traffic it does is testament to how well it is run AND moderated.
Watching these boards over the years, the decline I've witnessed has been primarily self inflicted. A perfect example is dividing the conversations into over 50 ways. Over 50 boards. Conversations cant help but be diluted. By and large, we can agree to disagree.

I do see a drop in activity from what it was years ago. But at the time there are so many more ways to get Disney information now...YouTube, TikTok, Instagram. Back in the day the boards were the only way to get any real-time information; that's not really the case any more.

I do see a drop in activity from what it was years ago. But at the time there are so many more ways to get Disney information now...YouTube, TikTok, Instagram. Back in the day the boards were the only way to get any real-time information; that's not really the case any more.
Hey, but if you want to find a name that starts with the last letter of the previous name….

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter