Not mentioning disboards much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in the old days, before there were 150 boards and there was some semblance of freedom of speech, the conversations were electric.
Speaking of Freedom of Speech, I was once told by a Mod in the Restaurants forum that he won't allow any discussion of tipping because it always ends in tears.

But, then, someone started a thread specifically about tipping in the DCL forum! :oops::rotfl2:I asked the same Mod about this, and he replied that different forums here have different policies, due to the differences in the people that contribute to them. That is to say (I guess), DCL forum folks can safely handle discussions about tipping, but restaurant forums apparently cannot.

I guess its not too surprising, then, that Pete always wants to talk about DCL and not the parks. I wish I had the funds, and free time, to hang out with the DCL crowd, myself. But I'm a parks and restaurants guy for the foreseeable future! 8-)

I appreciate the boards. I think the “downfall” of the boards was Facebook groups and Patreon. Now people chat in those places and it just got diluted.

I get it from a business perspective but there are a lot of posters I often wonder about and I hope they are well..

Hey, but if you want to find a name that starts with the last letter of the previous name….
Those posts are strictly on the Games forum, which was created to take the game posts off of the Community and other boards. No one has to go to the Games board.

Oh man, I loved the one at King's Dominion in the early 80s. Magic Carpet Slides. But I don't think the guests ever literally flew.....

There is also a venue that puts on magic shows. I’m not sure if it has reopened but it is very entertaining.

Booked standard view in resort not villa. Called up and put in request for tokelau 3914 or 3915 as I have read good views from their. The rep didn’t say it wasn’t possible. We do need 2 queen beds. Just don’t want to be near the construction Or have a parking lot view.

We chose it because we are total foodies and wanted that aspect, not necessarily a romantic dinner.

I still hold the record of pushing a line of 110 grocery carts up onto the sidewalk and spinning them 90° into the cart area from the early 90's in my town. They went to the no more than 6 cart rule the last year I worked the daylight floor before going to night shift for the year before getting my "real" job so no one has been able to beat my record since.

It's because these live-action remakes make billions of dollars. It's our fault for reqarding Disney for making them. They will continue to pump them out as long as people watch.

Personally, I am fine with the ones tha toffer a drastically new take, like Maleficent or Dumbo (even Cruella, but that is barely a remake). I wish more were like those! I have little interest in the shot-for-shot remakes. I mean, they're not bad or anything, but when given the choice between those or the animated originals, I will go for the animated every time, especially when the originals are absolute masterpeices like Beauty and the Beast!

Huh? I’m having trouble following this? Why would they need a fake ID? It’s not like they were actually entering the member number and or other verification in the system??

I do see a drop in activity from what it was years ago. But at the time there are so many more ways to get Disney information now...YouTube, TikTok, Instagram. Back in the day the boards were the only way to get any real-time information; that's not really the case any more.

Those posts are strictly on the Games forum, which was created to take the game posts off of the Community and other boards. No one has to go to the Games board.

Except some people, like me, usually check "What's New."
Yes. This is what I do. There are so many threads that I look at the recent posts, many of which are these asinine “games.” Do people really have so little to do with their time that they have to pollute a Disney trip-planning board? These idiotic threads aren’t even games!

Yes. This is what I do. There are so many threads that I look at the recent posts, many of which are these asinine “games.” Do people really have so little to do with their time that they have to pollute a Disney trip-planning board? These idiotic threads aren’t even games!
I wish there was a way customize what would appear in my "What's New", to ignore stuff that I would never, ever be interested in. You are right: there are too many little boards and threads. It is overwhelming.

A what's new and interesting link would be a fantastic feature!

Last edited:
I wish there was a way customize what would appear in my "What's New", to ignore stuff that I would never, ever be interested in. You are right: there are too many little boards and threads. It is overwhelming.

A what's new and interesting would be a fantastic feature!
Ha! From your mouth….

I use the Ignore button judiciously, so when I see those who have the compulsion to litter the Boards with the next sixteen verses of “99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall,” I know who’s contributing nothing of interest; I can’t imagine any scenario where I’d ever want to read anything written by people like that. 🤣

I’ve reported these people, and gotten a snippy, “They’re just trying to up their numbers” reply, with zero concern for keeping the Boards relevant.

Ha! From your mouth….

I use the Ignore button judiciously, so when I see those who have the compulsion to litter the Boards with the next sixteen verses of “99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall,” I know who’s contributing nothing of interest; I can’t imagine any scenario where I’d ever want to read anything written by people like that. 🤣

I’ve reported these people, and gotten a snippy, “They’re just trying to up their numbers” reply, with zero concern for keeping the Boards relevant.
I will add it's hard to get new threads going here anymore. I had a thread going for updates on Epic Universe and the majority of people ignore it. It feels like unless in involves planning Disney vacations most don't care about any other type of thread. It's a shame cause at one time the rumors and news thread was one of the busiest and now it's quiet.

I will add it's hard to get new threads going here anymore. I had a thread going for updates on Epic Universe and the majority of people ignore it. It feels like unless in involves planning Disney vacations most don't care about any other type of thread. It's a shame cause at one time the rumors and news thread was one of the busiest and now it's quiet.
On the other hand, when those threads do get going, they don’t attract the crazies that other threads do.

I never frequented these boards much, but I’m a recent emigrant from the easyWDW boards, which were a (mostly) civilized place with great info and a smallish membership. A very different vibe for sure. At least the Disneyland,Tokyo Disney Resort, and DVC sections here are helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter