Not adding the DDP until closer to trip start?

SOnotLayuh

DIS Veteran
My search bar won't load anything, so please forgive me if this has been asked before!

DH, myself, and DMIL are going to Disney in September. We won't be going for free dining. We know for a fact that the three of us are going, but we aren't sure if DFIL will be able to make it due to work - he can't get days off this far in advance.

I know we can call to add one more person to the room, but can we wait on reserving the DDP? Is there a certain amount of time before the trip you're supposed to do it? Would it be an issue if I just added it... say... the week before the trip?

I'm going to go ahead and make ADRs for 4, since it takes up the same table space as 3.

My search bar won't load anything, so please forgive me if this has been asked before!

DH, myself, and DMIL are going to Disney in September. We won't be going for free dining. We know for a fact that the three of us are going, but we aren't sure if DFIL will be able to make it due to work - he can't get days off this far in advance.

I know we can call to add one more person to the room, but can we wait on reserving the DDP? Is there a certain amount of time before the trip you're supposed to do it? Would it be an issue if I just added it... say... the week before the trip?

I'm going to go ahead and make ADRs for 4, since it takes up the same table space as 3.
Yup, make your ADRs for 4 as planned. You have up until 72hours* before check-in to add a dining plan. Note that if you are under the 45day period, this addition must be paid for immediately.

*If a DVC member staying on points (or renting a DVC reservation, which in that case, the DVC member would have to make this call), this changes to 48hours and I believe there's different rules on paying for it.

Note that while technically any changes within 45 days can result in a $50 change fee, they typically waive this for upgrades. You may get hit with a $10-$15 fee if you wait until the last minute, though.

Yes, they are supposed to charge a fee of about $15 if you make any changes to your package reservation at all within two weeks of arrival, so you may not want to wait that long.

On a DVC reservation you could add someone up to 48 hours before arrival and still get DDP for them, no charge, nothing extra.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter