Not a new ?...HS FP Plans

Javin917

Mouseketeer
Hi! I'm sure this has been covered over and over, but I am stumped. We had planned on a morning at DHS on 10/7 (60+2, picked specifically to avoid the Sunday EMH hahahaha!) and an evening on 10/9 (60+4). We are not huge Star Wars fans and with 3 little kids won't do the ride, but would probably just want to walk through it. The focus will be more on Toy Story Land which we haven't seen yet. Is there a chance of getting a morning FP for SDD on our first day (when the grandparents will be with and also want to ride)? Or should I just not even try and aim for that on the 60+4 day? I'm afraid to aim for the first one and waste the time I should be spending trying to get the second one.The earliest we would be able to get to the park in the morning would be 8...the grandparents are not early risers haha! Thank you for any help! This trip is throwing me for a loop...

If your focus is mainly Toy Story Land, I'd ditch the morning altogether and just go in the evening. A SDD FP will be easier to get for 60+4 in the later hours of the day anyway. I'd get there around 4 pm or so and, with little kids, you'd be able to see and do pretty much everything you want in that amount of time. Saves the grands an early morning too!

That's still during the extended EMH right? Where DHS opens at 6 to onsiters? If that's the case, you'll probably have lines at 8 AM. I would just focus on evening, even if it does tie up your FPs all day

I really doubt it. The earliest I got was 60+4 afternoon. I couldn’t even get a morning one until 60+7. It has been three weeks of checking back every day and no luck.

I’m betting that TSL will be very quiet during the 6-7:30 portion of EEMH, that’s awfully early to wake up a small child, and remember that the other two parks with strong small kid appeal also have EEMH those days, so only 1/3-1/2 the people willing to do it will even go to DHS. Maybe the grandparents can meet you?

We couldn’t get earlier than 12:30 for SDD in September and that was 60+5. Stinks since we planned to RD the EEMH and peace out before lunch time but we'll take what we can get.

Thank you all so much! I really appreciate the input. Will definitely scrap the attempt to get a SDD FP that first morning and focus on getting one for the afternoon visit. I think we will try for TSM and hope we can manage to get there at least early enough to fit in saucers too before the line is crazy. The rest of our plan for that morning is just a few shows so hopefully we’ll be ok once we make it out of toy story!

I really doubt it. The earliest I got was 60+4 afternoon. I couldn’t even get a morning one until 60+7. It has been three weeks of checking back every day and no luck.
That was my experience 2 weeks ago. Could choose between 60+7 at noon or 60+9 at 10 AM.

I believe that that should be the norm nowadays.

Don't forget that a week ago, guests were also finding on FP day that the earliest morning Slinky Dog Dash fastpasses were 60+7 etc. which corresponds to your 60, 60+1, etc.

After you take your morning SDD FPs at 60+7 more or less, those who start booking a week from now usually won't find any morning SDD FPs until their 60+7 more or less.

For those few who land a morning SDD FP at 60+2 or so, it was a FP thrown back into the pool by someone doing a cancellation or modification. All of us could do checking back with multiple refreshes at any time to try to snag such throwbacks.

Afternoon FPs have a different audience, guests who really want a FP for SDD and don't really mind that they can't make any more FP reservations until yet later in the day. This results in afternoon FPs not running out as soon.

All is not lost. You have to use all three advance FPs before you can book more. A SDD FP a little after noon should not be too bad since you will book your other two FPs before that leaving you free to book more FPs after you tap your Magic and at the SDD queue.

Last edited:
I have a short weekend trip coming up in October with 2 friends. We will only have about 1/2 day to spend at DHS and I really have no idea how to plan the morning. We will definitely be there by 6am to take advantage of EEMH. I'm hoping we can go straight to Falcon and walk around the land for a bit before heading to TSL. Fingers crossed that the lines in TSL won't be super long that early in the morning and we can do all 3 standby (we would prefer to save our FPs for MK that afternoon/evening).

Now, that's assuming that ROTR isn't open by then. If it IS open....all bets are off.

I feel like we dodged a bullet with ROTR not opening until December! Whew! One less thing to work around. Just crossing fingers I can get a decent time afternoon FP for SDD at 60+4...that makes sense about why there are more of those available. We are doing a pool morning that day so no worries about needing earlier FPs. Now to try and figure out how to deal with EMH at MK and AK the rest of the trip!

Or should I just not even try and aim for that on the 60+4 day?

Not sure why you wouldn't want to try? It takes like 15 seconds to click in and check if you can get a time. You can always ask as well the day before if someone could check for you if there was still availability as well.

Your resort check in day is 60+zero when you can first book fastpasses i.e. 60 days in advance. The succeeding days are 60+1, 60+2, etc. respectively.

If you have a 4 night stay then the last day you can book fastpasses "60 days in advance" is 60+4.

(You can book fastpasses for all of the days of your stay including both check in day and check out day as of 60 days in advance of check in day provided you have ticket days linked and capable of being used on the applicable calendar days..)

Multiple consecutive stays (split stays) count as one continuous stay for the purpose of booking fastpasses.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter