North Carolina

:cool1: We're doing the single digit dance now! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: Just a little more than 8 days now!! :woohoo: Everytime I stop to think about it I think of the Disney commercial where the Dad's too excited to sleep! That's me!!

Sounds like many of y'all break the drive into two half-days. We have driven many times but have always done it in one big chunk. We start out in the morning and get to resort before supper time. I know it sounds like we are gypsies, but we have lived in Maiden, Asheville, and now Trinity over the last 6 years. Funny, but the drive is within 15 minutes from all three locales.

I can only rememner getting into a traffic jam one time -that was going thru GA where they were doing all that raod work between Savannah and Brunswick. Guess we've been lucky.

Being a stereotypical dude, my goal is to stop as few times as possible. We hook the kids up with some tapes, games, and books and head down the road as far as we can before stopping. Boy, I wish we could go back to the good ol' days of $86 rt airfare out of Raleigh. :teeth:

Oh, and speaking of Sydney Lowe... I think NCSU made a great hire, if an unconventional one. I am a Carolina fan, but I always admired Lowe and thought he was a fine leader even as a younger man. I am guessing he will recruit as well as anyone could alongside Roy and K.

We're from NC...around Greenville/ECU area and just got back from WDW May 6th. We flew Southwest. We had a great time and now I'm planning for our "hopeful" next trip!! I would love to go down around Christmas!! My DH just keeps telling me to stay off the computer!!! :rotfl2:

I have driven straight through both times I drove. Either left early in the morning and arrived after lunch or late at night and arrived in the late morning. I think we will drive during the day this time, so we can stop at South of the Border, and then stop for a few more country stores right off the highway in Georgia and Florida.

Marsha

We always drive straight thru. Can't imagine stopping, just too excited to wait. Occasionally on the way home we have stopped to split it up, but then who cares, there is no anticipation and we are usually leaving the parks later in the day. If we leave NC by mid-day, we are hanging with the mouse that evening :cool1:

Hey Y'all!! Another Wilmingtonian checking in!!! :wave2:

We are going Aug 20 - Aug 26, driving down. Hope to make it in 8 or 9 hours. Last year we flew, but airline tickets are so much this year! This year we a re going over to Sea World for a day, so it will be nice to have our car.

I can't wait!! :banana:

MouseDogMom said:
I-95 was the worst I've ever seen. It took us 4 1/2 hrs yesterday to get out of FL (should have been a 3 hr trip). Once we crossed the GA line, we didn't have any problems. I did vow never to drive again based on the traffic, but I'll probably forget that vow before our next trip!

I hear ya!! We drove last time and what should have been about a 10 hr. trip turned into 13 hours because of all the traffic snarl-ups on I-95! You know the kind where you're thinking, "Geez, there must have been an accident up ahead." and then you finally break out of the pack and there was no reason for the back-up? :furious: :furious:

We had enough flyer miles for a free ticket this time so -- :yay: -- we're flying!!

That's great but I just don't get the game of hockey, now NASCAR that's for me! (I guess it's because I was born and raised in North Carolina.)

SLDL said:
Hey North Carolinians....how 'bout those 'Canes?!?!?!! :woohoo:
GO CANES!!
let's hope they win the Cup, to show the rest of the world that NC is a great place to live and play -- any game, any time! Now, it's time for a MLB franchise to set up shop here.
GO CANES!! 2006 NHL Eastern Champsparty:

Hi there guys and gals. Well I saw this post and just had to check in. I just moved last week from Raleigh to West Palm Beach, FL and I am a tad homesick. Why one would ask. I am a born and raised NC Girl originally out of Greensboro. West Palm is beautiful, but NC is the place to be. I miss it especially with Canes in the Cup Finals. I was there at the RBC (ESA at the time) working every game for News 14 Carolina. GO CANES... As for my next Disney Trip it will be in Sept. on Labor Day weekend. I will be going there to plan my Disney Fairy Tale Wedding YEAH!!! :cheer2: I guess the best thing about this move is that I am now 2 hour and 15 monutes from the Mouse.... :woohoo:

Checking in from Gastonia NC--we are planning on driving down, we plan to leave around 4:00 am. We decided we would be 2 excited to stop, and why pay for an extra hotel room, when I can spend that money in Disney!!!

CAN'T WAIT!!! :banana:

Samantha/NC said:
Checking in from Gastonia NC--we are planning on driving down, we plan to leave around 4:00 am. We decided we would be 2 excited to stop, and why pay for an extra hotel room, when I can spend that money in Disney!!!

CAN'T WAIT!!! :banana:

I like your plan, I do the same. :thumbsup2

Another NCer signing on!!! We leave in 7 days!!! We are flying down (out of RDU). CAN'T WAIT!!!!! :rotfl:

Had to comment on this....
NC State said:
That's great but I just don't get the game of hockey, now NASCAR that's for me! (I guess it's because I was born and raised in North Carolina.)

Me too!!! But if you try it once you will love it!!! The best part is when they score a goal and Ric Flair comes on the big screen with his famous "That's another Carolina Hurricane's Goal... Whoooo!.....Whoooo! Whooooo!" And the crowd goes wild....

I work here at NCSU and go to to the RBC for basketball games but just never go to the hockey games. I do hear this from others "if you just go just once you would like it". I don't know if my pocketbook could handle anything else!

I know what you mean!!! The cheap tickets to the Stanley cup games start at $100 each!! It's not so bad for the regular season. You should try it just once. You'll be hooked.

I know everyone will think I'm crazy but I even have a co-worker that dates a hockey player and they tried to give me tickets to go for "free" a while back and didn't go!

They did release 100 more seats for tonight's game!

We're near Winston-Salem & our next trip won't be until January.

We've driven straight through, stopped in Savannah & stopped at Jekyll Island, GA (not too far from the interstate & a nice fun stop for the kids to get out & play--and a really pretty place). Our next trip we'll either drive straight down or stop in Savannah on I95. We always stop on the way home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter