Nooks and crannies at Magic Kingdom

It's quite the gem. I've also walked by it a ton of times before getting anything there. They have the giant cookie ice cream sandwiches which are amazing. People also seem to rave about both the Nutella & fruit waffle and the chicken waffle. I haven't tried either of them yet, but they look great.

They also now have hand dipped corn dogs! :yay:

Right near Tortuga Tavern, practically across from Pirates. It's overflow seating for the two quick service restaurants in the area, but the seats have backs, there is some sort of breeze going (I think it may be air conditioning?) and it's reasonably quiet. Last time I was there, I saw a gentleman working with laptop and all.

Walking up main street on the right hand side is an ally with places to sit. Years ago there was an ally across the street.

The Tomorrowland Terrace The lower level has a great view of the castle.

I have some in my latest video! Check out the Pirates of the Caribbean part.

The frontierland shooting arcade is regularly empty. I've used most of the spots mentioned here as I get some crowd anxiety occasionally.

just to add, I have taken a nice long nap in country bear jamboree up in the last row! hahah

Did they clear you out between showings? I've used Carousel of Progress to get in a cat nap, but never tried Country Bear Jamboree.

ETA: I once took an hour and half long nap on a lounger at the Boardwalk pool. (No, I wasn't staying there, so I probably shouldn't have. But it was quiet, shaded, and deserted, so I don't feel too guilty.)

Off of Main Street, where the silhouette artist is located. It is quiet there, should be shaded by the buildings at times. There were tables and chairs there, maybe not anymore.
The table and chairs are still there as of last August. There’s also an umbrella. We used that spot to enjoy a family snack away from the scorching sun.

At certain times of the day the landing at the top of the train station is actually really quiet. My fam and I go there to people watch after grabbing Starbucks.

Walking up main street on the right hand side is an ally with places to sit. Years ago there was an ally across the street.

The Tomorrowland Terrace The lower level has a great view of the castle.

In the alley off Main Street where the tables are, I think this is the area where you can hear music from the 'singing lessons' shop if you listen closely.

And when Tomorrowland Terrace is not open I have sat in the upper terrace part which is shaded and has ceiling fans/water fountain & restrooms. Great place for napping stroller babies and people watching.

It's quite the gem. I've also walked by it a ton of times before getting anything there. They have the giant cookie ice cream sandwiches which are amazing. People also seem to rave about both the Nutella & fruit waffle and the chicken waffle. I haven't tried either of them yet, but they look great.
The ginger ice cream sandwich sounds yummy but I did try the chicken and waffle sandwich...it was really dry.

ElizaDoesDisney, they cleared us out, but the show is long ,not too many people are in there and you can lay down in the top row! I've slept in Carousel of progress ,hall of presidents and American Adventure in Epcot ,haha

I love Universe of Energy for a quiet time and to get out of the heat for 45 minutes. But alas....no more. Carousel of Progress is still a good go to relaxing space and so is Spaceship Earth.

DS and I love this little spot. We always grab and ice cream sundae and sit back here to share it

And sometimes (not often) those doors to backstage .... bring out rare characters to meet right there. We met Rabbit and Eeyore there in April.

And sometimes (not often) those doors to backstage .... bring out rare characters to meet right there. We met Rabbit and Eeyore there in April.
That is a great tip to know. Something I didn't know. We may have to take a few more breaks there throughout our trips

Right near Tortuga Tavern, practically across from Pirates. It's overflow seating for the two quick service restaurants in the area, but the seats have backs, there is some sort of breeze going (I think it may be air conditioning?) and it's reasonably quiet. Last time I was there, I saw a gentleman working with laptop and all.
I often stop here and take a small rest and snack break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter