• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Non spoiler Rise of the Resistance Questions

Weedy

DIS Veteran
Our moderators are doing a great job of keeping the threads on topic. So hopefully this will help people that don’t want to read some threads that may spoil the ride.

1. How long once you get in line does it take to get on the ride?
2. How much of the queue is rope/outside, blank wall, decorated?
3. How many minutes is the ride?
4. How long start to finish (I know I could add the times together but this would be helpful 😊💕)?
5. When it starts running at full capacity how many people per hour?

1. From pre show to off ride about an hour. Depending on if the ride is having technical difficulties, it can be less (from my experiences)
2. I don't know if the outside queue has been used at all. The times I did it we walked through the interior queue, things to see, also the datapad to play with on your phone, there are things to scan
3. pre show and ride, with no waiting is about 17 minutes
4, see 1
Disney doesn't release numbers, there are people that have estimates but I don't

This is great!! I sure hope Disney continues BG’s it would be like a DAS for everyone all the time.
No one would need a DAS and hopefully no FP’s.
This way locals could come out on short notice and actually get to ride without having to wait in an hours long line

So even with the VQ you waited in line 45 minutes?
I consider 30 minutes of my time "on the ride". Disney says the official ride time is 18 minutes which sounds about right - there was about 10 minutes of waiting (in a super awesome space) for about 10 minutes. I wonder if that's normal or if it ebbs & flows throughout the day. Called at 8:49, scanned in at 8:51, "on the ride" at 9:10, done at 9:40.

Our moderators are doing a great job of keeping the threads on topic. So hopefully this will help people that don’t want to read some threads that may spoil the ride.

1. How long once you get in line does it take to get on the ride?
2. How much of the queue is rope/outside, blank wall, decorated?
3. How many minutes is the ride?
4. How long start to finish (I know I could add the times together but this would be helpful 😊💕)?
5. When it starts running at full capacity how many people per hour?

1) This really varies a lot. If you are in first thing it's a walk-on. If a number of fast passes are being redeeemed you might be waiting longer. Sometimes the ride just... slows... Could be 20 minutes to an hour depending on what is happening, starting from behind the waterfalls.

2) All of the queue is decorated to some extent, there are some bare wall areas inside but they are all textured like old cave...BTW I like that Disney carved a number of long benches into this wall along the way, though if things are flowing well you do not sit long in any one place.

3) I keep trying to note exactly but forget to write down the time when I leave... this too can vary as there are some elements inside the ride that may delay you more or less. Maybe 15 minutes? Probably a bit less.

4) Can't say because of the varied times.

5) Also can't say though at full capacity it should be quite a lot because even now when it's all working well the line moves fairly well.

Does this ride give people motion sickness? My mother has problems with some rides such as Star Tours, Mission Space, Forbidden Journey at Universal, etc.

Does this ride give people motion sickness? My mother has problems with some rides such as Star Tours, Mission Space, Forbidden Journey at Universal, etc.
The last 2 minutes it's a simulator like st but the screen is much closer shook i think it's worse in that sense. Maybe she can just close her eyes in that part?

trying really hard to not see or read spoilers, so thanks for this thread.

Is this ride similar to Ratatouille ride in Disneyland Paris. Thats a trackless ride with screens.

Can someone do a non spoiler overview of rise of the resistance, to give us an idea of what to expect

trying really hard to not see or read spoilers, so thanks for this thread.

Is this ride similar to Ratatouille ride in Disneyland Paris. Thats a trackless ride with screens.

Can someone do a non spoiler overview of rise of the resistance, to give us an idea of what to expect
Spoiler free:
4 different ride systems that include trackless, simulator and hydrolator (like the old elevator at the Living Seas)
screens, practical effects, actual props and actual sets
Total experience (without mid queue) is 17 minutes

Can someone give a comparison of what ride(a) RotR is similar to in terms of motion sickness, speed, and drops? Wanna see if my wife can handle this. She can do star tours and soarin at most.

Can someone give a comparison of what ride(a) RotR is similar to in terms of motion sickness, speed, and drops? Wanna see if my wife can handle this. She can do star tours and soarin at most.
again. because of the multi ride system:
Hydrolator portion: you're standing, so the movement is very gentle, should be fine
Trackless portion: lots of forward movement, backwards, swerving, some use of screen but mostly practical and physical sets, should be fine
"drop": not really that big of a deal, like a sec or 2, drop down
Simulator: screen very close to you, this is the only part I believe people with motion sickness might have a problem but it lasts only 2 min

it's a very fine line trying not to spoil the experience, but seriously, the "drop" is not an issue at all, I hate ToT and this was completely fine. The rest is just plain fun and loud in some points. the sim is fun too, only 2 min in that one.
I believe everyone should try it, don't think anyone would have any issues

@yulilin3 you are doing great, thank you so much.

So do I have this right
  1. You wait in line like all other rides and go through a themed queue line
  2. You get loaded into a trackless vehicle
  3. This vehicle passes life size props, then stops at various screens
  4. At one portion when the vehicle stops at a screen, it locks into a turn table and you get moved about, like in Star Tours
  5. At one portion the vehicle goes down a ramp, which gives the drop

@yulilin3 you are doing great, thank you so much.

So do I have this right
  1. You wait in line like all other rides and go through a themed queue line
  2. You get loaded into a trackless vehicle
  3. This vehicle passes life size props, then stops at various screens
  4. At one portion when the vehicle stops at a screen, it locks into a turn table and you get moved about, like in Star Tours
  5. At one portion the vehicle goes down a ramp, which gives the drop
that goes into a spoiler territory that I' not sure people on this thread want to know. As it will basically describe the ride. You can PM for more details or go to the spoiler thread

that goes into a spoiler territory that I' not sure people on this thread want to know. As it will basically describe the ride. You can PM for more details or go to the spoiler thread

no worries, and thanks for being so diplomatic :) I love Ratatouille in Disneyland Paris, so this sounds like an advanced version of that,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter