No zombies here, just 10+ years of trip reports!!!

We grabbed some snacks - lemonade & Mickey Apple ...

WP_20160408_022.jpg

....and went and rode the train around the park.

WP_20160408_023.jpg

I have missed riding the train. And, this is a great way to avoid the crowds. We rode all the way around (twice). Next stop is Main Street and FP+ picture with Mickey.

We sat in the back row and I was able to talk with the different CMs about the college program, job opportunities, etc.

I'm a big Star Wars nerd, so hearing the voice of Vader, evil music intro, blasters, and fighters in addition to the fireworks just makes it more fun for me.

Ah. Yeah, I can see that as making fireworks cooler.

Disney really doesn't need to write an algorithm, just have the CM call on the radio and say send a freakin buss.

You wait for busses? Odd.

:rolleyes1

wp_20160408_010-jpg.160903

I've always wondered.
How many times a day does she need to shave her legs?

I told her to get used to the bars at Eeyore's house. :lmao:

:laughing:

We have picked everyday wrong this week. Each park we went to was the highest for crowd levels.

Ah, well. You're still in Disney.

Mad Hatter tea cups.

Spewsville.

I did get to watch a mom and four kids cheat the FP+ system. I noticed as the CM was busy with a family, and she told her kids to go. The oldest boy asked, "What about our cards?" pointing to the FP scanner. There are cheaters everywhere

:sad2:

What happens when it is really busy at the parks with long wait times? Be creative.

FP+ with Mickey.

WP_20160408_024.jpg

Watch the parade.

WP_20160408_027.jpg

Watch the Dapper Dans.

WP_20160408_028.jpg

Go to the first aid station. DW thought dd had a fever. I didn't think so. Nurse said no fever, but probably dehydrated. Go ride Carousel of Progress again.

WP_20160408_029.jpg

Take funny pictures inside Space Mountain FP+

WP_20160408_030.jpg

We decided to skip the dance party and call it a day.

We ride a monorail over to Polynesian Village for our dinner at Kona. This will be our closing dinner of the vacation. The only thing better than a Lapu Lapu is two of them. I enjoyed the Lava Roll sushi, ahi tuna, and Kona press pot.

WP_20160408_031.jpg

We rode the boat to MK and then to WL over the water bridge.

WP_20160408_034.jpg

Then, bus back from the WL.

WP_20160408_035.jpg

Then, we ended the trip soaking our feet in the hot tub and watching the Star Wars fireworks at DHS. We could hear some of the music, but not all the music or phrases as it is too far away.

We also were able to disrupt some teenagers, two girls and one boy, talking about popping their breasts out of the swim suit and tan lines. I enjoyed making sure that hook-up didn't happen on my watch.

Only once. Remember, after she cuts her hair once it turns brown and never grows back.

It does that? Sheesh, I don't even remember that.
Well, if she can market that, all those waxing places'll be outta business.

DW thought dd had a fever. I didn't think so. Nurse said no fever, but probably dehydrated.

Perked up after a rest and a drink, I hope.

Hey, you two. Family board! :laughing:

Then, we ended the trip soaking our feet in the hot tub and watching the Star Wars fireworks at DHS.

I think that's the nicest way I've heard to end a vacation.

We also were able to disrupt some teenagers, two girls and one boy, talking about popping their breasts out of the swim suit and tan lines. I enjoyed making sure that hook-up didn't happen on my watch.

DISdads are always on watch.
And will be as long as there are dumb teens.

Perked up after a rest and a drink, I hope.

DISdads are always on watch.
And will be as long as there are dumb teens.

She did. Thanks.

I just wished I had used an impression from Ros from Monsters Laugh Floor, "I'm watching!!! Always watching!!!". But, I did drive that point home with my own dds. No fornicating as dad will always be around.

That's it folks. Another Disney vacation in the books. It was the most crowded we have experienced before, and we haven't done 5 consecutive park days in quite some time. But, we will learn some new tricks from this trip and apply them next year.

WP_20160403_004.jpg

Still have to load up the car, so if anyone is around, stop by and say hello and I'll add your picture to the trip report. I don't remember posting it, but we enjoyed two evenings at the Bellevue Lounge. We had the St Bernadus Abt 12, which is a great beer.

WP_20160403_009.jpg

We are going to try and find a Mickey waffle somewhere. Have a great day and thanks for following along.

One last picture. We decided to try Trattoria al Forno for breakfast so the dds could get Mickey waffles and we could try a new breakfast at Spoodles, er um Kouzzina, oh nevermind.

WP_20160409_001.jpg

I think wine for breakfast sounds like a great way to start the day. :drinking1

Last edited:
One last picture. We decides to decide Trattoria al Forno for breakfast so the dds could get Mickey waffles and we could try a new breakfast at Spoodles, er um Kouzzina, oh nevermind.

I think wine for breakfast sounds like a great way to start the day. :drinking1

Breakfast was good with typical Disney prices. I had the Breakfast pizza, which was a sausage pizza with two eggs on top. It was really good. I wouldn't have thought of that flavor combination.

I thought you couldn't teach an old dog...
Oh! You meant the DDs learned some new tricks.
:

I can still learn a few, just not many. The traffic has just been stop n go out of Orlando. I'm thinking we can just go in early June next year and fly down.

Really fun and entertaining. You sign up behind Soarin desk, and tours are scheduled throughout day. Like Jedi academy, sign up earlier than later, or you will pay and have to return way later. It is a 45 minute walking tour. You start in the lab and they talk about the different research projects. The CM answers questions. Then, you walk into the Land Area ride itself in different parts of the greenhouse and fish farm room. No touching plants, but take pictures and ask questions. They explain about the different types of growing systems in more detail, taste sample cucumbers grown there, and you do get to hold the fluted pumpkin and a coconut. The group each receives fish food in your hands (if you want) and you throw it into the Tilapia tank. I'm sure the tour changes as the different crops grow. They explain about how long it takes stuff to grow. If you like the Living with the Land ride, you will enjoy this tour.

Cost was $20 per person? You get a 15% discount with Disney Visa or TiW or a few others.

I'm hoping they grow out of it. At 14 & 12, when does it happen?

Not reading real time, but reading nonetheless... Even THAT picture. :) this seeds tour sounds interesting. We haven't done any of them either, and this one is a lot cheaper than the others. It might be worth it sometime, thanks for posting about it! Looks like you're having so far for what I'm up to! Nice view for your standard room, too. I'd be very happy with that view. It's better than the non-BW preferred view we had for our one-night stay last year.

We did a quick three night cruise in the Dream last weekend, so I'm catching up on my Disboards reading now. It was a lot of fun, but very pricey, obviously! We actually rented out our AKL points from next year to pay for it. Worked out well. We're planning to do Disneyland next year, so we knew we wouldn't use those AK points.

Not reading real time, but reading nonetheless... Even THAT picture. :) this seeds tour sounds interesting. We haven't done any of them either, and this one is a lot cheaper than the others. It might be worth it sometime, thanks for posting about it! Looks like you're having so far for what I'm up to! Nice view for your standard room, too. I'd be very happy with that view. It's better than the non-BW preferred view we had for our one-night stay last year.

We did a quick three night cruise in the Dream last weekend, so I'm catching up on my Disboards reading now. It was a lot of fun, but very pricey, obviously! We actually rented out our AKL points from next year to pay for it. Worked out well. We're planning to do Disneyland next year, so we knew we wouldn't use those AK points.

Thanks. I've heard that's the best way - to rent out points and pay cash for cruise. I've not been on one, and am not opposed to a consecutive day non-stop buffet. DW went on a Carnival Cruise with friends from work and had a great time. Every time I start planning another trip that doesn't involve WDW, I usually stop and reconsider. Even when we go to Vero Beach, which is a great resort, I'm always thinking about adding a day at WDW.

I did the whole beach vacation with my parents and just can't sit still that long. Once you start adding in all those extra activities, I could've just gone to wdw.

We made it back to KY where it is in the 40s this AM. Why do I live here?

wp_ss_20160410_0001.png

I found this on my email. Apparently, not only does one of my dds think highly of herself, she is skilled in navigating a Disney computer program. :lmao:

Finally got back to your report! Looks like a lot of fun despite the crowds. I definitely have to see the SW fireworks. The Vader (better than Kylo) and Chewy meet and greets were awesome, as were the Stormtroopers, but we missed the fireworks.

This has to be one of the scariest things I've ever read:

>>People Mover. There was even a wait for People Mover.

ugh.

Dumbo FP+

View attachment 160973

I did get to watch a mom and four kids cheat the FP+ system. I noticed as the CM was busy with a family, and she told her kids to go. The oldest boy asked, "What about our cards?" pointing to the FP scanner. There are cheaters everywhere. But, it was a good teaching point with my dds there on the spot.

Was the lesson that sometimes you can cheat and get away with it? :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

Finally got back to your report! Looks like a lot of fun despite the crowds. I definitely have to see the SW fireworks. The Vader (better than Kylo) and Chewy meet and greets were awesome, as were the Stormtroopers, but we missed the fireworks.

This has to be one of the scariest things I've ever read:

>>People Mover. There was even a wait for People Mover.

ugh.

Was the lesson that sometimes you can cheat and get away with it? :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

We didn't get to SW character meet at DHS. That was one of the things I would have liked to do, but those weren't characters high up enough on the list of priorities for the family.

As for the crowds, this one was partially our fault as we did the parks with EMH each day. Usually, we go the other route which means we don't get a few park hours, but we get smaller crowds and shorter waits which is worth it. I think the only EMH that is really worth it is AM at AK to get the Safari ride at 8:00 AM. I'm hoping to do Wild Africa Trek next year.

I do try to dispel that notion that cheaters never win. Cheaters do win and some never get caught. Sometimes, they get caught later. But, it takes way more effort to continually lie, and it has a cost to the soul and to the family.

We didn't get to SW character meet at DHS. That was one of the things I would have liked to do, but those weren't characters high up enough on the list of priorities for the family.

As for the crowds, this one was partially our fault as we did the parks with EMH each day. Usually, we go the other route which means we don't get a few park hours, but we get smaller crowds and shorter waits which is worth it. I think the only EMH that is really worth it is AM at AK to get the Safari ride at 8:00 AM. I'm hoping to do Wild Africa Trek next year.

I do try to dispel that notion that cheaters never win. Cheaters do win and some never get caught. Sometimes, they get caught later. But, it takes way more effort to continually lie, and it has a cost to the soul and to the family.

That's a better lesson than mine. :)

I totally agree though. We had one time where the scanners weren't working right, and the CM sent us in without actually using the FP, so we changed it to something else. But that was more like a gift than stealing!

I was later interrogated for it though.
image.jpeg

That's a better lesson than mine. :)

I totally agree though. We had one time where the scanners weren't working right, and the CM sent us in without actually using the FP, so we changed it to something else. But that was more like a gift than stealing!

I was later interrogated for it though.

:lmao::rotfl::lmao:

Did you try the whole, these aren't the droids you're looking for?

And yes, that was a gift and not trying to cheat anyone. The young boy knew what the rules were and the mom told him to ignore them. Think there will be a time in the future where she tells him curfew is at a certain time and he ignores it? Parents set an example for their children more by what they do than what they say. Are there any other significant areas of life where learning to cheat the rules might be problematic (school, work, relationships)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter