No zombies here, just 10+ years of trip reports!!!

We were out in time for Illuminations to catch a spot close enough to the water to see the globe and feel the heat from the fire.

Then, we rode Spaceship Earth. My creation.

WP_20160405_052.jpg

Test track had another huge wait and it was close to 10:00 PM. We decided to call it a night.

WP_20160405_053.jpg

One last topiary to end the day. Another great day at Epcot. I think we are sleeping in late tomorrow before MK.

Good morning from the madhouse, er um, Magic Kingdom.

WP_20160406_001.jpg

It is a full blown mob scene with a 30 minute wait for Mickey Mouse. The crowd to get in with bag inspection is horrendous. We have evening FP and are supposed to be back on Friday. I already asked DW if we can change Friday plans.

By the way, according to DW's fitbit, we walked 9.4 miles at AK and 9.36 at Epcot. I'm going to try to make that a much lower amount today.

Stopped in for a picture with Tinkerbell. Our Christmas cards are family Disney pictures, so you may be previewing the winner.

WP_20160406_004.jpg

The first time for us. A picture with the mayor in the car.

WP_20160406_006.jpg

Jungle cruise had a 60 min wait posted, but we made it in 30.

WP_20160406_008.jpg

Definitely has her father's maturity.

WP_20160406_009.jpg

We are planning on MK again Friday, so we are taking today really slow and walking as little as possible.

Finished off Adventureland with Pirates of the Caribbean at 30 min.

WP_20160406_010.jpg

Walked directly onto Tiki room. I still like the show with Iago and Zazu better. And, got a picture with Jasmine and Aladdin.

WP_20160406_015.jpg

We ate lunch at Skipper Canteen. We could only make the ADR the day of.

WP_20160406_016.jpg

It was a very good meal, better than BoG. No alcohol on menu yet. I had the steak, DW had fish (mahi mahi), and dd had pork. The pork was not very good. We had an appetizer (stuffed dumpling) which was very good. A lot of different flavors and spices. Concierge at BWV said it is not getting much business due to the menu/ flavors.

My dessert. Dole whip.

WP_20160406_017.jpg

Oldest DD had nuttella strawberry waffle since she didn't like her meal from Sleepy Hollow.

WP_20160406_018.jpg

Youngest dd went to ice cream shop by plaza for dessert.

WP_20160406_019.jpg

DW got an apple on Main Street

WP_20160406_020.jpg

We enjoyed our desserts before riding around MK on the train a couple times.

WP_20160406_021.jpg

One of the trips thru, we managed to see the parade and the fire breathing dragon from train while it was parked at the station. It had been a few years since i was able to ride the train, and was able to take advantage of it.

Rafiki from earlier. He was hanging out by Skipper Canteen.

WP_20160406_007.jpg

After the train, we exited at Frontierland and did Country bear Jamboree.

WP_20160406_023.jpg

Listened to the banjo and went and on the paddleboat. I missed a picture.

WP_20160406_025.jpg

Onto the Hall of Presidents for a 20 minute seated rest and trip report posting.

WP_20160406_026.jpg

Early dinner at Columbia Harbour House. They took the seafood mac n cheese off the menu. :sad1:

WP_20160406_028.jpg

Time for FP+. Will post more tomorrow.

IASW. Not a FP+.

WP_20160406_035.jpg

Philharmagic. Not a FP+.

WP_20160406_038.jpg

Splash Mountain. FP+

WP_20160406_040.jpg

Waiting inside the gift shop for 15 minutes because I didn't time my FP+ well.

WP_20160406_041.jpg

Not priceless. Time for BTMRR.

BTMRR selfie cam.

WP_20160406_044.jpg

We skipped the parade and did Haunted Mansion on 25 min wait instead.

WP_20160406_047.jpg

....and

WP_20160406_048.jpg

Over to the carousel. This one is to see if anyone is even bothering to read this. Maybe my grandchildren in 2 decades or so.

WP_20160406_050.jpg

Then, onto the Little Mermaid. The dds started fighting again so I didn't get a picture. It was a longer walk to get on the ride than the ride itself. The queue is well designed. We had another chocolate caramel apple.

WP_20160406_053.jpg

Then, found a seat opposite the store in front of Dumbo behind 7DMT for Wishes.

WP_20160406_054.jpg

We were able to see the castle out one eye and the fireworks behind the castle with the other. Loud but beautiful show as always.

Last edited:
After Wishes, strolled back down to Peter Pan Flights and used our last FP+. It was still a 40 minute wait. :scared1: But, not with FP.

WP_20160406_056.jpg

It was around 10:30 PM, it was drizzling, and we were tired from yet another long day. DW said we walked 7.5 miles.today, and this was an easier day as it was 2 miles leas than each previous day.

One last picture of Cinderella's castle.

WP_20160406_057.jpg

We will be back at MK on Friday, with FP+ at Space Mountain, Dumbo, and Mickey. The plan is to just stay in Tommorrowland and Fantasyland, except if we ride the train around again.

Tomorrow is DHS. Goodnight Ned.

Not sure how that gray hair got there.

Simple. DDs.
I feel your pain.

We had to wait for several giraffes to get out of the road

Ingrates.

Managed to get front car. Yeah!!!!!!

I pretty much only rode in the front last time. DD wanted it.
You do know you can ride in the front everytime, right?

Went back to the Boardwalk where there was some entertainment.

v__7494-jpg.160337

What was he doing?

Mission Space. This one may be shot of the day with the sun overhead, topiary, and background.

wp_20160405_006-jpg.160514

That right there is a pretty cool shot.

We tried our first ever behind the scenes tour, which was the seeds tour.

How'd you like it?

Definitely has her father's maturity.

wp_20160406_009-jpg.160647

:laughing:

My dessert. Dole whip.

Want.

IASW. Not a FP+.

wp_20160406_035-jpg.160681

My condolences.

This one is to see if anyone is even bothering to read this.

Nope. This is an automated reply robot.

It was a longer walk to get on the ride than the ride itself.

::yes::

I pretty much only rode in the front last time. DD wanted it.
You do know you can ride in the front everytime, right?

What was he doing?

How'd you like it?
::

I know. But, I like front car at random. I roll with that as the extra magic. That was a magician entertainer on the Boardwalk. He was waiving goodbye in that picture.

We all enjoyed the Behind the Seeds tour. But, we are from KY. :lmao: I really like the Living with Land ride and go on it each time. Plus Soarin was down, so it filled 45 minutes. I will do the tour again in a few years.

Awesome pictures. And a lot of dedication to do that posting while there.

Thanks. Actually, it was just easier than procrastinating on it when I get home. This way, my trip report is over when my vacation is over. And, I can post to it when the family is sleeping or we have a 30 min wait and I'm tired of the dds fighting.

Keep up the good work, we're all counting on you.

Thanks. I'm listening to that message like it is a line from Princess Bride.

The behind the seeds tour looks cool. Would be interested in hearing more about what you thought of it...

Yeah, I have three DDs, and every time we go there is one big blow out fight. <sigh> Just once I would love for them to not fight while we are at the happiest place on earth. The wife and I are pretty good about not snipping at one another, we have been together long enough to know when to leave the other alone. :)

...Then, onto the Little Mermaid. The dds started fighting again so I didn't get a picture. It was a longer walk to get on the ride than the ride itself. The queue is well designed. We had another chocolate caramel apple...

I understand that situation all too well.

The behind the seeds tour looks cool. Would be interested in hearing more about what you thought of it...

Really fun and entertaining. You sign up behind Soarin desk, and tours are scheduled throughout day. Like Jedi academy, sign up earlier than later, or you will pay and have to return way later. It is a 45 minute walking tour. You start in the lab and they talk about the different research projects. The CM answers questions. Then, you walk into the Land Area ride itself in different parts of the greenhouse and fish farm room. No touching plants, but take pictures and ask questions. They explain about the different types of growing systems in more detail, taste sample cucumbers grown there, and you do get to hold the fluted pumpkin and a coconut. The group each receives fish food in your hands (if you want) and you throw it into the Tilapia tank. I'm sure the tour changes as the different crops grow. They explain about how long it takes stuff to grow. If you like the Living with the Land ride, you will enjoy this tour.

Cost was $20 per person? You get a 15% discount with Disney Visa or TiW or a few others.

Yeah, I have three DDs, and every time we go there is one big blow out fight. <sigh> Just once I would love for them to not fight while we are at the happiest place on earth. The wife and I are pretty good about not snipping at one another, we have been together long enough to know when to leave the other alone. :)

I'm hoping they grow out of it. At 14 & 12, when does it happen?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter