No zombies here, just 10+ years of trip reports!!!

Good morning from DHS. We all slept in late, and apparently, the dds were even more tired than me. So, we didn't arrive until around 10:00 AM, with a slow stroll from the BWV.

WP_20160407_001.jpg

We went a rode single rider at Aerosmith Rock n roller coaster. We had about a 20 minute wait, which I guess that means the secret is out. Stand-by was 60 min though.

WP_20160407_002.jpg

I'm having wifi problems here at DHS, so more later. Great American Movie ride was 45 min stand by, so this is going to be another crowded day as well. We watched Vader attack some young Jedi and had a frozen banana snack with the dds having lemon slush.

Time.for Indiana Jones stunt show. Third row from the front for the first show.

WP_20160407_004.jpg

Lunch at Mama Melrose.

WP_20160407_005.jpg

DW had the wine flight.

WP_20160407_006.jpg

We did the Fantasmic package, our first time at this restaurant and first time for package. Each person for $45 each gets app, entree, and dessert and tickets for Fantasmic seating tonite. It was a lot of food. I had mussels and fish of the day (grouper), DW had mozzarella & tomatoes and shrimp campanella, both had calamari, and one had steak and the other pasta & chicken in chess sauce. Dessert was a trio of tiramisu, cheesecake (lemon), and blood orange cake. Really good, really expensive, really a lot of food. We would return to Mama Melrose, but maybe not do package.

Then, it was the Muppets as everything else is closed for refurb in that section.

WP_20160407_008.jpg

DW photobombs now.

Onto Star Tours. It was a 40 min stand by wait, but I would think closer to 25.

WP_20160407_009.jpg

We managed to get the one that follows the Millennium Falcon off the death star, past the imperial fleet, to SW 7 first fight scene (Falcon goes vertical to shoot guns), to opening flying scene in #3, to traffic scene in #2.

Over to Little Mermaid. 30 min wait.

WP_20160407_015.jpg

Tower of Terror FP+.

WP_20160407_016.jpg

Great American Movie ride. 30 min wait. Oldest DD was standing in Donald Duck's footprints.

WP_20160407_017.jpg

Toy Story Mania FP+

WP_20160407_018.jpg

Long waits all day. Rethinking this Spring Break time.

Last edited:
Really fun and entertaining. You sign up behind Soarin desk, and tours are scheduled throughout day. Like Jedi academy, sign up earlier than later, or you will pay and have to return way later. It is a 45 minute walking tour. You start in the lab and they talk about the different research projects. The CM answers questions. Then, you walk into the Land Area ride itself in different parts of the greenhouse and fish farm room. No touching plants, but take pictures and ask questions. They explain about the different types of growing systems in more detail, taste sample cucumbers grown there, and you do get to hold the fluted pumpkin and a coconut. The group each receives fish food in your hands (if you want) and you throw it into the Tilapia tank. I'm sure the tour changes as the different crops grow. They explain about how long it takes stuff to grow. If you like the Living with the Land ride, you will enjoy this tour.

Cost was $20 per person? You get a 15% discount with Disney Visa or TiW or a few others.

That sounds fun. Thanks for sharing!

We leave TSM and go to Star Tours for another 20 min wait. We get first scene again, followed by battle scene at Nabu, and then crash underwater with Jar Jar and dry dock on Nabu.

Then, we use FP+ AND GET VADER. This ua my favorite one, where Vader holds your ship with the force, and uses the light saber. The next two were Falcon and Nabu again. At that point, I didn't care at all. The best one is Vader.

As we walk toward Fantasmic, it is 7:50 PM, they announce that Fantasmic is filled except standing room only. Lucky we did that Mama Melrose FP+ .

We have a seat in the reserved Scar section about 15 rows up on the end. The dds went to the bathroom, DW got some snacks (churro for me), and we are now waiting for show.

Other than the massive crowds we aren't used to, the wifi has been crap in the parks. Also, the rules on Star Tours changed. The first time, FP had exclusive left side loading. The 2nd time, the line mixed at the load station, and the third time, it was mixed by CM. Anyway, bring on Fantasmic and looking forward to Star Tours.

Fantasmic was terrific. I hadn't seen it in awhile and forget some of it. Both dds enjoyed it. But, Star Wars fireworks were even better. I really enjoyed the music and voiceovers from the movies. Hallowishes is still better, but Star Wars fireworks may have vaulted to #2 over Wishes.

That was a magician entertainer on the Boardwalk.

Any good?

We went a rode single rider at Aerosmith Rock n roller coaster. We had about a 20 minute wait, which I guess that means the secret is out.

still.... 1/3 the wait time.

We watched Vader attack some young Jedi

did he lop off his hand?

Time.for Indiana Jones stunt show.

Man. Been decades (literally) since I've seen it.

Then, it was the Muppets as everything else is closed for refurb in that section.

:sad2:

DW photobombs now.

:laughing: Didn't catch that at first.

and then crash underwater with Jar Jar

Oy.

Hallowishes is still better, but Star Wars fireworks may have vaulted to #2 over Wishes.

Really! I'm surprised. That good, huh?

Any good?

Really! I'm surprised. That good, huh?

Yes, the street performers are good. There are four different performers over the years, and they move to different sections of the Boardwalk. I have a few pictures in past trip reports. It is a short show, but fun to watch and part of that Boardwalk mystique.

As for Star Wars fireworks, yeah, they were great. I'm a big Star Wars nerd, so hearing the voice of Vader, evil music intro, blasters, and fighters in addition to the fireworks just makes it more fun for me. We sat around the front of Belle show and looked toward the Movie ride.. Not as impressive as Cinderella's castle as a backdrop, but still a great show. It may also just be a new show.

A slow start this AM for both getting the family out of the room and the buses. Two buses for AK & Disney Springs before 1 bus to MK. Disney really doesn't need to write an algorithm, just have the CM call on the radio and say send a freakin buss.

Welcome to the Magic Kingdom, again.

WP_20160408_001.jpg

Taking pictures with princesses. I hear a little voice over my shoulder.

WP_20160408_005.jpg

5 crowded consecutive park days. Where is the bourbon?

Not a lot of action from Tiana.

WP_20160408_007.jpg

Rapunzel is just hanging around.

WP_20160408_008.jpg

This is more like it.

WP_20160408_010.jpg

A princess pose.

WP_20160408_011.jpg

Maybe a bit less than 30 minute standby wait.

She is too tall now for the front house at Winnie the Pooh.

WP_20160408_012.jpg

I told her to get used to the bars at Eeyore's house. :lmao:

WP_20160408_013.jpg

I was able to play the drums a bit in this 30 min standby line. It has taken some adjustment for these crowd levels. Still, it has been a wonderful trip.

Part 1 lunch at Cosmic Ray's with burgers and fries. We'll be heading over to Lunching Pad for pretzels, Plaza for cookie ice cream sandwiches, and Mrs Potts soft serve ice cream. Now, that's a four course meal that rivals Victoria & Albert's. :lmao:

Monsters Inc.

WP_20160408_015.jpg

People Mover. There was even a wait for People Mover.

WP_20160408_016.jpg

Carousel of Progress.

WP_20160408_017.jpg

We have picked everyday wrong this week. Each park we went to was the highest for crowd levels. But, we already made FP+, and do we try and change them all? We don't do Park Hoppers, but it may be better. Maybe it is just a bad string of luck after many favorable trips.

Either way, we have all the FP+ starting next hour followed by dinner at Kona.

Last edited:
Dumbo FP+

WP_20160408_021.jpg

I did get to watch a mom and four kids cheat the FP+ system. I noticed as the CM was busy with a family, and she told her kids to go. The oldest boy asked, "What about our cards?" pointing to the FP scanner. There are cheaters everywhere. But, it was a good teaching point with my dds there on the spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter