No towel animals for us

DebIreland said:
:lmao: :rotfl2: I love it!

Also, there's a whole lot of glue used in putting those things together as well as stickers and stringy/bendy thingies so it's not like they'd be made back into towels, I don't think so anyway. And it wouldn't exactly be hygienic to pass them from room to room, no way. I fully believe it is intended for guests to take the animals home.

well that explains it...mine must have been a "faux " towel animal or maybe from a novice towel animal maker cause while it had eye stickers, it was just rolled up, no glue, string ties or anything. mine didn't even make it in one piece off the bed much less to Ireland , and the clam shell ones were i figured our face cloths to use if we wanted to wash our faces since there weren't any others around :teeth:

Only on the DIS will there be 42 posts about a washcloth.

I just can't believe people give it a second thought and that it actually makes them sad/disappointed/upset/etc.

It's a piece of white cloth.

TDC Nala said:
f2cde68d.jpg

"

oh the stories my poor towel elephant could have told me if only i had kept him... now he's been tossed from one dirty disney goer to another... :sad: :sad:

actually that is probably the best reason any one could come up with to take them home and save them from a life of mopping up who knows what :rotfl2: ;)

Allison said:
It's a piece of white cloth.

yeah and Disney is only an amusement park :teeth:

Well, it didn't occupy my thoughts all day long at Disney whether there would be an animal or not, sheesh! And it didn't ruin my trip, Disney is just too magical for that! As we walked up to our room, there was just anticipation, you know? I knew it wasn't probable, but still......We also didn't think we would get to be co-pilots on the monorail, or get a sucker from the Japan candy lady, and those things were pure magic. Next time, I will leave a note and see if just maybe they will leave us one.

I actually found a site that gives directions on how to make some towel animals. Maybe next time, I will leave one for the Mousekeeper! LOL

Marsha

Deb & Bill said:
Even after this was quoted:
There is right and there is not right.

:) Thanks, but a quote on a message board means far less to me than a direct conversation with the mousekeeper herself.

It's not right? It's perfectly right. We asked, we got an answer, we put the thing in the case - case closed, literally and figuratively. :thumbsup2

DebIreland said:
:) Thanks, but a quote on a message board means far less to me than a direct conversation with the mousekeeper herself.

It's not right? It's perfectly right. We asked, we got an answer, we put the thing in the case - case closed, literally and figuratively. :thumbsup2

Don't let it get to you. Many of the veteran posters on this board wear halos. They have taken on self-appointed roles as WDW police and feel it necessary to flame anyone who ever posts about taking a towel animal, refilling a mug at a hotel other than the one they are staying in, making a return trip to WDW with the same refillable mug they used last time, using a child DDP credit for an adult meal, pretending a 10-year old is 9 for reservation purposes, allowing a 5th person to sleep in a 4-person room, etc., etc., etc.

When people like me call them on this behavior, they always respond with something like, "No, I certainly don't wear a halo, but I also don't condone stealing."

Is it against Disney policy to do the type things I mentioned above? In most instances, yes. Do most people do things like that at some point or another in their life? Yes. Would most Disney employees care, even if you walked right up to them and told them you were doing it? No.

Best to just make up your own mind about what you feel comfortable doing and not bother posting about it.

I make comments from time to time (like my question in this post) just to see how many people will try to flame me. Honestly, it's sad that so many people have nothing better to do with their time than try to act as Disney Police.

We've been to WDW I don't know how many times, staying in deluxe, moderate & value and have never gotten a towel animal. We do tip mousekeeping too! Just depends on who you get cleaning your room!

torinsmom said:
We also didn't think we would get to be co-pilots on the monorail, or get a sucker from the Japan candy lady, and those things were pure magic.

Sounds great Marsha!! Hope you had a really good time at WDW! Fingers crossed for towel animals next time! I wouldn't even attempt to make my own - wouldn't want to scare the kids at the freakish creations. :teeth:

formernyer said:
I make comments from time to time (like my question in this post) just to see how many people will try to flame me. Honestly, it's sad that so many people have nothing better to do with their time than try to act as Disney Police.

Okay, I'm sorry but I have to laugh at that. You are talking about people having nothing better to do with their time than to act as Disney Police, yet you spend your time making up comments to get people to flame you. Hmmm...is one any better than the other?

This thread and the West Wing are certainly providing good entertainment on a Sunday evening.

Allison said:
Okay, I'm sorry but I have to laugh at that. You are talking about people having nothing better to do with their time than to act as Disney Police, yet you spend your time making up comments to get people to flame you. Hmmm...is one any better than the other?

You've actually got a good point there :rotfl2:

formernyer said:
You've actually got a good point there :rotfl2:

The best part is you have a good sense of humor about it. :p I'm just giving you a hard time-no malice intended. ;)

Have a great night.

This is a great item for the hotels - I wonder why they just dont sell them if they dont give them to all the guests with children. I will be sure to ask for some when I get there and leave extra for the mousekeeper thanks for the information :wave:

These posts always amuse me, I go to a Disney resort and am thankful I am lucky enough to stay there. We have never gotten towel animals, nor do I care if we do or not. We just got back from the CR Tower and for 6 nights got no animals, nor did I expect them. I have to laugh when people don't get them and then are saddened or upset by that. It's Disney World, be happy that you are lucky enough to stay there and enjoy what you do get and have when you are there!!! Happy thoughts to all!!!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

bicker said:
Now you know better, neighbor! :)

Those mousekeepers will say anything for a better tip!

Actually I am from Burlington Ontario Canada :) and I asked after the fact at the end of our stay, the day before we were leaving if we could keep them.

MeloMouse ummm no I wouldn't, and thats your perogative to not take the towel animals I asked for my kids as they wanted them and was told by all means they can come home with us. Like others have said why do so many people on here get their undies in a bunch over the silliest things like towel animals and refill mugs like others have said?? Its not like taking a few towel animals are gonna make Disney go broke :confused3 They make enough money of everyone to worry about that. We would not have taken them home if told no. There is more important things in this world to worry about then who is taking towel animals home or refilling their mug from the year befores mug! Is it alright to take home the extra soaps and shampoo's they give you? Hmmm if you think about it, no it is not because they are for use when there.... do people take them?? YES all the time. Silly thing to argue about if you don't want to take them then don't. :)

I have stayed all over WDW, I don't have kids, and I've gotten lots of towel animals (I have only kept two, don't get your undies in too big a bunch, y'all). It had to be obvious that there weren't any kids staying in the room. So I don't think it has anything to do with whether or not you have kids, whether or not you tip enough, whether you stay deluxe or value...just whether or not you get a housekeeper who happens to do the towel animal thing.

Yeah, they're cute, but I don't get the extent of the disappointment and I don't think WDW should be required to do things like 1) have them on hand to give to all rooms where there are children or 2) not give them out at all if everybody can't have one.

Somebody's probably going to come on here and say "it's not fair, you get them and you don't have children."

tiggergirlinMI said:
These posts always amuse me, I go to a Disney resort and am thankful I am lucky enough to stay there. We have never gotten towel animals, nor do I care if we do or not. We just got back from the CR Tower and for 6 nights got no animals, nor did I expect them. I have to laugh when people don't get them and then are saddened or upset by that. It's Disney World, be happy that you are lucky enough to stay there and enjoy what you do get and have when you are there!!! Happy thoughts to all!!!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

I do not see why the nasty attitudes have to come out on these web sites.. Children dont always understand why some kids get something and others dont when they are being left by the mousekeeper. Parents dont want nor should they have to explain these things which is why if these are items that are given to some should be given to all... Better yet - just sell them in the gift shops so that parents can buy them and all this would be for not.

Stop the ugliness when ppl are expressing there feelings as we do not need to belittle ppl to have an opinion. We really should just support and enjoy

Have a great evening everyone...

That's too funny!!! :rotfl2:

formernyer said:

I would pay to always come home to cute towel animals! ...Anytime we got them, they just brightened my day just *that much more*. So cute, and fun. I like roaming the resort to see other animals folks have in their windows. I take pictures too.. hehehe.. love my towel animals...

I'm just reading this for entertainment and wondering when the disney police are going to close this thread. They always close the good ones.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!