No towel animals for us

We stayed 7 nights and never got a towel animal or had the stuffed things re-arranged. Oh well, that is how it goes, I did not make a big deal of it to the kids so it was not like they were "Expected", I was mildly disappointed as I saw them in windows in rooms around us, but with all the things to see and do surrounding us it was not a big deal. We are not always the neatest vacationeers so Mousekeeping was probably busy doing their 1st priority in our room.

MamaCatNV

We received a "towel animal" of sorts at AKL, it was a towel made into a holder for your things, toothbrushes and things.

I'm not sure how these photo things work, but heres one we took:
foto3fu.jpg

It was our first time onsite, and we definitely tipped good after that!

There was a thread a while back about towel animals. One DIS member contacted Disney and he was told (via e-mail) that while towel animals are a treat, they are not meant to be taken home. I think it was bicker who got that e-mail.

DisFlan said:
Disney keeps all kinds of data and info on guests. I wouldn't want to be listed as "Prefers king bed, water view and steals towel animals."

DisFlan
:rotfl2: and at check in all your towels are on really long chains connected to the holders...the famous " shackled prisoner" pirates of the carribean towel animal.

hmm last trip all the pictures were bolted to the walls... maybe they knew i snuck that mickey print into my suitcase the trip before :teeth: ;) ;)

In all of our trips we have only had towel animals in our room once and that was this past summer @ CSR. We don't expect them at all and never have. It was a nice treat for our 2 10 year old girls though. We did not keep them but noticed we had different "creations" on each of our 8 days. We left a nice thank you note from the girls for the towel creations and for making our room look so nice (in the tip envelope!!). We were rewarded with lots of extra towels and huge smiles when we saw her. :sunny:

f2cde68d.jpg

I don't think you can plan your stay around the possibility of getting towel animals. Some housekeepers use them, some don't. You might not even get them if you leave a HUGE tip every day. It's nice to get them but if you start expecting them you might be setting yourself (or the kids, which can be worse) up for disappointment.

The little guy in the picture...he hangs around my condo now. Go ahead, list me in the HUGE DISNEY DATABASE as "towel animal thief."

Sometimes we did/ sometimes we didn't. We usually stay off property anymore because we need to take our "fur babies" with us. It was a nice surprise when we did come back to the room with that extra little touch. I think to make things easier and no hurt feelings it should be stopped all together or made to be a manditory thing in some hotels.

Are we expected to leave them in the room or is it acceptable to bring them home? We took ours but I wasn't sure if I was doing the wrong thing.

Here's your official answer, straight from Walt Disney World:

Dear Brian,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

Although we appreciate your interest, please know the towel animals provided by housekeeping are for the guest's enjoyment during their visit with us.

We appreciate your understanding and look forward to your visit.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if applicable on all correspondence.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Ronda

WDW Online Communications

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

We have only returned to find towel animals on a couple of trips. I do try to tidy up and leave a tip in hopes that we will return to find one, and we realize that if we don't we don't. This past trip we eagerly returned each day in hopes that we would find one, no towel animals for us. But, housekeeping did make a 'doll' for us using DD hat and shoes. It was very cute.

We have stayed at different moderates for the past three years in a row. I had no idea they even existed until I read it on the DIS. We never saw one until last year at POFQ. Some days there was one, other days there wasn't. I never told my family about the animals just in case. If they didn't know about it they couldn't be disappointed. Besides, we had never had them before I found the DIS, so it didn't matter to me. They were a cute addition that we photographed and left behind.

Unfortunately, it seems if people read something on the boards they sometimes take it for granted that it will happen on their trip as well. When it doesn't it takes some "magic" out of their stay. I have seen that in many posts related to towel animals, and dining experiences at the 50's Prime Time and Whispering Canyons, etc. Folks went with expectations already in place and were disappointed when their experience didn't match what they had read about. Me, I'm just so happy to be at Disney everything extra is gravy. :wizard:

Tigger225 said:
Unfortunately, it seems if people read something on the boards they sometimes take it for granted that it will happen on their trip as well. When it doesn't it takes some "magic" out of their stay. I have seen that in many posts related to towel animals, and dining experiences at the 50's Prime Time and Whispering Canyons, etc. Folks went with expectations already in place and were disappointed when their experience didn't match what they had read about. Me, I'm just so happy to be at Disney everything extra is gravy. :wizard:

This is why I no longer post towel animals, upgrades, pixie dust explosions or other non-standard occurrences we've experienced at WDW. If a purely pixie-dust item becomes "demanded" or "expected" - or ripped off, it'll eventually be dropped - or, worse, be offered at an expense beyond what some folks can afford. And then it's not Special Magic anymore. When that happens, a little magic leaves the park (or resort) - and we all lose.

DisFlan

TDC Nala said:
:lmao: :rotfl2: I love it!

TDC Nala said:
The little guy in the picture...he hangs around my condo now. Go ahead, list me in the HUGE DISNEY DATABASE as "towel animal thief."

Me too. We absolutely took our adorable towel bunny home with us. We weren't sure actually what to do but DH and I were chatting to the mousekeeper who did our room one day (fabulous woman, amazing rapport with kids, our baby just loved her!!!) and we asked her should we take it or leave it and she laughed at us for asking and said "of course you take it home, it's for *you* honey". So sweet! And so our bunny travelled 3000 miles with us and likes Ireland but says the climate takes some getting used to after Florida. Hmmm, maybe I'll take her back with us in October. ;)

Also, there's a whole lot of glue used in putting those things together as well as stickers and stringy/bendy thingies so it's not like they'd be made back into towels, I don't think so anyway. And it wouldn't exactly be hygienic to pass them from room to room, no way. I fully believe it is intended for guests to take the animals home.

i stayed at Pop for 6 nights and no towel animals, i didn't feel bad about it till i saw all the pics of the ones on here! It was suppensful to see if we got one, it was topic of conversation on the bus ride home at night. Next time i will leave a note and ask!! Thanks for that suggestion!

This is what we got on our trip last year in may, we were there for 9 nights so averaged one every two days!I am requesting to be where our mousekeeper from last year is this year, she was great very nice and always happy!
83029IMG_0431-med.jpg

DebIreland said:
...ay. I fully believe it is intended for guests to take the animals home.

Even after this was quoted:

bicker said:
Here's your official answer, straight from Walt Disney World:

Quote:
Dear Brian,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

Although we appreciate your interest, please know the towel animals provided by housekeeping are for the guest's enjoyment during their visit with us.

We appreciate your understanding and look forward to your visit.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if applicable on all correspondence.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Ronda

WDW Online Communications

There is right and there is not right.

right or not right... I took mine all home as I was told to by our mousekeeper when I asked if they were to be left or taken home... she said they were ours to keep and so we did! And will again if I ask and they say yes. I have not an ounce of guilt as I didn't steal them I was told they were ours to take :cool1:

Now you know better, neighbor! :)

Those mousekeepers will say anything for a better tip!

......so if mousekeeping gave you a stack of six washcloths and handtowels, folded and laundered, would you take them, too?? These are not mousekeepings towels to give away, much as they re-design them and put stickers, stringties and what-not. I've gotten these thingys on cruises for years, at WDW - with younger kids than 11 y/olds, and it just never crossed my mind to throw them in my suitcase when packing for home. But then, I never took an ashtray, beach or bath towel from any hotel in many years of travel. They are TOWELS, for goshsakes, not gifts from Disney!!!
And I agree that the expectations are really "outta control" sometimes.....

Originally Posted by Tigger225:

and from another wise DIS-er:

This is why I no longer post towel animals, upgrades, pixie dust explosions or other non-standard occurrences we've experienced at WDW. If a purely pixie-dust item becomes "demanded" or "expected" - or ripped off, it'll eventually be dropped - or, worse, be offered at an expense beyond what some folks can afford. And then it's not Special Magic anymore. When that happens, a little magic leaves the park (or resort) - and we all lose.

DisFlan

AMEN!!!::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter