"No One's Gloomy or Complaining"-in DISNEY WORLD!~An 11/12 TR!-*NEW TR Link pg 56!!!*

I LOVE your Little Mermaid room!! From the pictures I've seen, it seems like Disney really did a fantastic job with AoA. Hopefully next trip we can plan some time to go exploring there. :thumbsup2

I've lurked on enough of your TRs to guess you'd be going to Epcot first! (I'm trying to comment more than lurk this time!) It's so nice to be able to go into your favorite park on your arrival day. :goodvibes

OMG I love Epcot SO much!... I walked slowly for a few minutes, to listen to the Epcot entrance music (some of my favorite Disney music ever!) but then we picked up the pace to get to the World Showcase!

Joining in!

I share your love of Epcot and its entrance music. :)

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip!

Disney panic? :lmao:

There were three big areas for beer at F&W - craft beers, the sam adams place, and another right near Germany where they had the most wonderful beer - it was grapefruit - so good. But Brandon has to stop at R&C? I can see why you were a little impatient. :rotfl:

Your room was adorable. I think if I stayed there I would have to stay more than one night. It's just too cute not to.

Looks like the perfect day for a trip around the world showcase.

Haha, I know...it's like once I'm there, I'm done waiting around, I have to keep moving or I feel like I'm wasting valuable Disney time! :eek:

I know, I didn't get it either! :sad2: But he insisted that he wanted a certain kind of beer, so what can I do? I forgot about that grapefruit beer, I wanted to try it!

I know, I wish we were there for more than one night, but I'm glad we got to see it! It was so cute! :thumbsup2

Okay, first....I'm going to say that I so knew that you would see the FL expansion. :lmao:

Brandon loves it. He just doesn't want to admit it. :rotfl2:

Oh no, I'm sorry you were scared about the flights being cancelled. Belle looks adorable in the suitcase. My kitty does that all the time.

Hahahaha. Brandon forgetting his suitcase. I'm sorry, that's just priceless. It's not like it's an ID or anything, it's a SUITCASE! :rotfl:

Glad he picked a car after all the agonizing.

Yay, Earl of Sandwich. I'm missing my sandwich right now, for real.

I am so excited to visit Art of Animation at some point in July. It just looks so great. Thanks for all of the pictures!

Woo hoo, F&W festival. I lurve it!

Haha, I was hoping I'd see it, but I wasn't expecting to see it more than once! Twice was just amazing! :woohoo:

I don't know what cat's obsessions are with suitcases...if something is out of the ordinary, they need to get to the bottom of it! :rotfl:

Ugh I can't believe Brandon just left his suitcase...we would have been so screwed if he didn't find it!

I miss EoS too! I really feel like I need a little day trip to NYC just to go to EoS...maybe next weekend...although Brandon hates NYC so it might take some convincing! :rotfl2:

Art of Animation is adorable! I'm hoping to walk around it a little more in February, since I didn't get a chance to when we were there. We didn't even have time to eat in the Food court!

Wah. I miss Food and Wine. :sad1:

Love the Art of Animation pictures! I am definitely planning on going there in April sometime just to look around. I would love to stay there some day.

Epcot park music is awesome. :thumbsup2

You really have to look around AoA it's so cute! I loved what I saw of it. I really wanted to look around the Lion King section and the Cars section, the Cars section is supposed to be amazing!

I love Epcot music! :yay:

I'm here !! Enjoying your TR already !!

And this ......

I'm Jen, and I'm pretty much obsessed with Disney. You can probably call it a problem, because the more I go to Disney, the more I want to plan trips! Basically the whole reason I exist is to plan trips to Disney for months, and then go on these planned trips that consume my life, come home, and start the process over.

You say you are a freak. But I say it seems like perfectly normal behavior to me.

Looking forward to reading more !!

Susan

Yay, glad you're here! :yay:

Haha, well, to other Disney freaks sure, but to normal people...not so much! I sometimes wish I could think about other things than Disney, but it just doesn't happen! :rotfl2:

Well, now you have gone and done it!!! Mark saw your Little Mermaid room pictures and insists we are staying there one or two nights in April when we go on his business trip. I told him he can have one night only because we don't like the values; but it is very cute.

I can understand your being impatiet waiting for Brandon to get a beer at R&C when he could have gotten one at a booth. I would have told him to meet me in the next country. :lmao::lmao:

Can't wait to hear more about F&W...especially since I doubt we'll ever be there at that time, I like to live through everyone else's experiences.

Haha, aww, I'm sorry! I didn't like the values before I stayed at Pop and AoA, but I feel like Pop and AoA are much nicer than the All Stars...especially AoA! And they have fridges now, which is a big thing for me! I think you will really like it!

Yeah, I probably should have, but I was afraid I'd lose him or something. Next time I'll remember that!

F&W is so much fun, but I'm thinking we will skip it for a while...unless Brandon's parents finally agree to come to Disney with us, then we'd have to go during F&W because Brandon wants to show his dad all of the things there are to eat there! :thumbsup2

You always describe Epcot in such a way that makes me want to be there, right now! I can almost hear that great Epcot music.

AoA is such a cool resort. I agree, that shower is the best!:thumbsup2

Hi Kate!!! How are you guys! Nice to see you here! :yay:

Aww, thanks! I just love Epcot so much, I could seriously live there. Sometimes when Brandon and I talk about moving to FL and I tell him I'd be in the parks every weekend, he asks if I'd get sick of it. Uh, no. Not possible! :rotfl2:

I loved the shower, whoever thought of that design is a genius!:cool1:

AHHHHHHH. The Little Mermaid rooms are perfect. PERFECT!!!! Can I go NOW?!?!?!? OMG I'm dying. I think I would literally die if I were there. And this is only AoA. I can't even think about what will happen when I see all the new Little Mermaid stuff in New Fantasyland. :faint: Thank you for all the pictures! That shower is just amazing ahhhhhhhh omg.

Oh man. Epcot music. AHHH LOVE. Epcot is just the best thing ever. I really do think it might be my favorite park. I don't know though. I just love them all so much.

If I ever went to Disney with you I wouldn't make you wait while I got beer, I promise. (That is mainly because I don't drink, but we'll just pretend it's because I'm super nice. ;)) :lmao:

Can't wait for more!!! Loving this so far, girl!

If you are this excited over AoA, then you probably will die when you see New Fantasyland! It is just THAT amazing! I cried when I walked in. I'm not even being dramatic, I had tears in my eyes...you should have seen the look Brandon gave me! :rotfl:

I love all the parks too, but Epcot I love just a little more! I don't know what it is about Epcot, I can just be there and not do anything and be perfectly happy! :love:

Haha, aww, thanks! I normally don't mind waiting, but we JUST got to the park and we were supposed to be doing Food and Wine-y things and he gets a boring old beer from England! I just didn't get it! :confused3 Wasting my Disney time and all that! :rotfl:

Thanks! :goodvibes

Your Little Mermaid room is very cute! The shower does look awesome!

Yay Epcot!!!! Hahaha I should have known you wouldn't just make ADR's at LC, you'd have F&W from the Canada booth as well!! :laughing: I wonder if they would have let you just get the soup in your refillable mug...:idea:

Isn't it adorable! I loved the shower, such a great idea! :cool1:

Of course I'd have to stop at the Canada booth! :rotfl2: You think I could pass that by when they have my filet and cheddar cheese soup? OMG getting that soup in a mug would be the best thing ever...most people would want to put alcohol in their's...not me, I'd be smuggling cheddar cheese soup! :rotfl:

I was so excited to see your AoA photos because that's where me and DBF are hoping to stay in 2014!

It looks AMAZING!

So does that cake from Ireland, it's a shame they don't give bigger portions haha

Can't wait to read more :)

It is a really adorable resort, I'm glad we stayed there for a night! :thumbsup2 You guys will love it!

I know, that cake was tiny, but it was SO good! :yay:

That Little Mermaid room looks so cool. I love all the different shades of blue. I just wish it wasn't the farthest building from the lobby. I mean, I get that the family suites are the main draw, but there's folks who only need suites that would like to be closer to everything! ::yes::

Mmm, the Food and Wine Festival. It already sounds amazing. And I had no idea that the filet from Le Cellier was at a booth! :confused3 Now I want to try it!

I know, it was really far from the lobby...we drove over there, so I don't know how long it would have taken to walk, but it seemed kind of far! :eek:

I think this was the first year they had the filet at the Canada booth! It was good, but it wasn't really like it is in the restaurant! Still, it was nice to get a little taste of Le Cellier as soon as we got into the park! :woohoo:

Ahhhhhh Art of Animation!! :lovestruc I love it there, you got some great pictures, I can just imagine being back there again. So adorable! My favourite part was also the shower. :thumbsup2
Oh Epcot! My favourite as well. The entrance music gives me goosebumps.
Mmmmm cheddar cheese soup... drooling a little. We found a recipe for it and I keep meaning to try it.

I loved AoA! I'd love to stay there again, it was so cute! I wish I got to check out the pools and the Food Court a little more! :confused3

Epcot is the best, my favorite park! I love the entrance music so much, I'm on a Disney music hiatus because it's Christmas, but normally, I listen to it every day! :rotfl2: I've seen a recipe for that soup too, I should really make it someday!

OMG!!!! The Little Mermaid room is ADORABLE!!!!!! It really looks perfect :)

Haha! I get the mentality that I need to go go go when I get to Disney!

It was pretty perfect! It was like being in the movie, I loved it! :yay:

I bet a lot of people get like that! Except Brandon, who always wants to take his time! :sad2:

I LOVE your Little Mermaid room!! From the pictures I've seen, it seems like Disney really did a fantastic job with AoA. Hopefully next trip we can plan some time to go exploring there. :thumbsup2

I've lurked on enough of your TRs to guess you'd be going to Epcot first! (I'm trying to comment more than lurk this time!) It's so nice to be able to go into your favorite park on your arrival day. :goodvibes

Isn't it so cute! They really did a great job with AoA! :thumbsup2 If you have time, you should really check it out, because it's overwhelming in person! In a good way, of course!

Haha, oh really? :woohoo: Yeah, I'm pretty much obsessed with Epcot! I would love to go to MK on arrival day, just to see the castle, or maybe DHS to ride ToT on arrival day, but we always go to Epcot! I wonder what park we're going to in Feb. when I go with my sister? She's making all the plans, so it's possible I might be starting with a different park on this trip! :eek:

Joining in!

I share your love of Epcot and its entrance music. :)

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip!

Yay, welcome! :dance3:

Epcot and it's music are the best! I love Epcot so much! If I ever move to Florida, I'm really going to try to be a CM there! :woohoo:

Thanks! :thumbsup2

Joining in! Looks like a fun trip so far! Can't wait to read more about it! :mickeyjum

Yes, Brandon Knows ALL of his Princesses!

Arrival Day 11/8 Part 3

Once Brandon finally had his beer and I got out of panic mode, we headed over to France. Not only is it one of my favorite countries in Epcot, but the Food and Wine booth always has yummy things to try! Last year I had the Coq Au Vin and it was really good, so I figured I'd get it again this year.

P1000067.jpg

I thought about getting one of my Parisian Cosmo Slushies while I was there, but it was kind of cool out that night, so I decided against it and just got the chicken. Brandon got the Escargot, which he loves and always wants me to try, but I can't do it!

I apparently forgot to take a picture, I think because the Coq Au Vin was kind of gross looking! It looked gross, but it was SO yummy! I pretty much love anything with wine sauce! :thumbsup2

I didn't take a picture of our food, but I took a picture of the view we had while we were eating! Marie's old meeting place! (I hate that they moved Marie to MK. :( She belongs in France!)

P1000068.jpg

When we were finished, I knew I wanted to go to Belgium next, another one of my favorite booths, so we went in that direction. On the way over, we saw Princess Aurora walking in front of us! I'm weird when I'm in the presence of princesses, to me, they are celebrities, so I just kind of freak out to myself..."Ohmygod, ohmygod, there's Aurora, walking right in front of me, ohmygod..."

I kind of snuck up behind her to take a picture, which didn't come out very good, since she was walking quickly, but still, photographic evidence of my princess stalking!

P1000069.jpg

When she left, we heard a family next to us, asking each other what princess she was, and Brandon actually told them "it's Princess Aurora, from Sleeping Beauty." This family kind of jokingly made fun of him for knowing that, and Brandon hung his head in shame, and admit he knows all of the princesses because of me. :p :rotfl:

We reached Belgium, which is just on the other side of Les Chef's

P1000071.jpg

and of course, I got my favorite over priced drink, the Godiva chocolate iced coffee!

P1000073.jpg

YUM! I know I shouldn't waste my money on it, but it is SO good, I can't help it! It's basically adult chocolate milk.

(Speaking of Adult Chocolate Milk, have any you seen that in liquor stores? I really want to try it, but I'm not sure if it will be good or not!)

As we were walking, we heard Mo'Rockin playing in the distance, so of course, Brandon had to go watch for a little while. I normally walk around when he watches them, I mean, I like them, but I can't watch for more than a few minutes. This time I decided to just stand and watch, and they were actually entertaining! Especially the belly dancer...I'd love to be able to dance like that!

P1000074.jpg

(Sorry it's blurry, it's impossible to get a good picture of her, since she never stops moving!)

We watched for a little while then moved on, to another one of my favorite countries, Japan!

P1000076.jpg

Of course, when we're in Japan, Brandon has to get sushi, and I assumed he meant from the Japan booth. Again, we're at the Food and Wine festival, why wouldn't he get it from the booth? Nope, he wanted it from Katsura Grill, the table service place in Japan.

"Dude, you can get this sushi anytime, why don't you get it from the booth?"

"Because I like it from here, why can't I just get what I want?"

:confused3

Fine, I'm not here to argue, and anyway, it probably would only take a few minutes since he inhales sushi.

(Oh and before you ask, yes, I call my husband "dude". It's our version of "honey" and "baby" :rotfl2:)

P1000077.jpg

We walked up to Katsura Grill and Brandon got his beloved sushi, which is I think the same sushi you can get at any of the grab and go sections of the resorts, but whatever, he loves it!

P1000078.jpg

While he was eating, I was amazed at the fact that it was only 6:00! First of all, it was dark, really dark! Second, it seemed like we were in Epcot for hours already! This was probably the first time in my entire life that Disney time wasn't speeding by! I was SO happy that we still had a few more hours left of Epcot!

Brandon finished and we went back outside. I love the Japan area so much, it's so pretty at night, with everything lit up...so beautiful!

P1000080.jpg

We were just going to keep walking until we saw a booth that we wanted something from, but anytime I see Spaceship Earth across the lagoon, I have to stop and take 7 million pictures.

P1000083.jpg

*Sigh* Isn't it beautiful? I love my Epcot! I wish I was there right now! :sad: Ahhh, this post Disney Depression is getting bad lately!

Up Next...a little more eating and will we actually ride ANY rides?

Hahahaha Brandon is a princess expert!!! :thumbsup2

What?? No waffle from Belgium this time around?? That was one of my favorite items from the F&W!!

LOL at Brandon wanting the CS sushi. DF stopped at one of the standard coffee booths that are ALWAYS there in Epcot...I'm like "no I don't want anything from THERE!" :rotfl:

Yay! So glad I caught your TR early on. I was looking forward to it since before our trip since we were there at the same time at the same resorts! Only we left Wednesday morning :(

I can't wait to see if any of our plans matched up!

I love how the Little Mermaid rooms look!!! I have one question though. The first photos I saw (I believe they were promo pics from Disney) showed the walls to be quite blue, and fitting perfectly with the rest of the decor. Then I saw other pictures and the walls looked beige and weird. Yours look sort of in between, more grey. What's the color of the walls?

Okay, that is just too funny about Brandon knowing the princesses... :lmao: Actually, I'm almost positive my DH does too, but I think he would have feigned ignorance had anyone asked him to identify one!!

I thought the Coq Au Vin was also very yummy!

I got the hand roll in Japan and it was AWESOME! I hope Brandon eventually got one. If not he totally missed out and must plan a trip for next year. :rotfl:

You got some lovely night pictures in Japan! :thumbsup2

Adult chocolate milk. :rotfl2: That can't be more of a waste of money than the ice wine. That was a total RIP! (I think I told you that already). ;)

The Ice Wine was ridiculous. I think they were seriously using a thimble to measure the portions for it

Aww, I wish I was there right now too. I was just thinking yesterday how really I should be going soon since we had that December reservation but cancelled. Atleast you get to go back before me! April is so far off...

Sounds like a good night at Epcot!

Great update, Jen. That chocolate drink looks really yummy. I just can't get myself to try sushi....not sure what it is, but it just doesn't look appealing to me at all.

Great pictures of Spaceship Earth.

LOL at Brandon being a disney princess expert :)
LOVE IT!!!! :)

I bet, if you bought the godiva liquor and made an iced coffee or even added it to chocolate milk it would be similar!
And that sounds SSSOOOO Deeeelicious right now!!!!

I
MISS
EPCOT
:(

Hahahaha Brandon is a princess expert!!! :thumbsup2

What?? No waffle from Belgium this time around?? That was one of my favorite items from the F&W!!

LOL at Brandon wanting the CS sushi. DF stopped at one of the standard coffee booths that are ALWAYS there in Epcot...I'm like "no I don't want anything from THERE!" :rotfl:

Haha, I know! Because I force him to watch princess movies! :rotfl2:

Don't worry, I did get a waffle, it was just on a different day. :thumbsup2 I thought about getting one that night, but I kind of considered that dessert, and there was something else I wanted later that night...

Haha, I don't get it!! The Food and Wine festival is going on, you can basically have anything you want! :eek: This is why IF we end up going to WDW next year, I'm skipping F&W and going in December for pure Christmas magic. :cool1:

Yay! So glad I caught your TR early on. I was looking forward to it since before our trip since we were there at the same time at the same resorts! Only we left Wednesday morning :(

I can't wait to see if any of our plans matched up!

Yay, I'm so glad you found my TR! :yay: It's funny that we were at the same resort, but we were on complete opposite sides!

I read your TR a little while ago, and already a day has overlapped, I was in MK when you were! :woohoo:

I love how the Little Mermaid rooms look!!! I have one question though. The first photos I saw (I believe they were promo pics from Disney) showed the walls to be quite blue, and fitting perfectly with the rest of the decor. Then I saw other pictures and the walls looked beige and weird. Yours look sort of in between, more grey. What's the color of the walls?

They are really cute aren't they! Hmmm...that's a good question...I want to stay the walls are kind of a greyish, like the pictures. I do remember thinking that I thought the walls were a little dull for such a bright room, but I can't remember if they were grey or really light blue! :rotfl:

Okay, that is just too funny about Brandon knowing the princesses... :lmao: Actually, I'm almost positive my DH does too, but I think he would have feigned ignorance had anyone asked him to identify one!!

Haha, I know, I'm surprised that he knows all of them, especially Aurora, because he doesn't like Sleeping Beauty (the movie)! :rotfl2:

I thought the Coq Au Vin was also very yummy!

I got the hand roll in Japan and it was AWESOME! I hope Brandon eventually got one. If not he totally missed out and must plan a trip for next year. :rotfl:

You got some lovely night pictures in Japan! :thumbsup2

Adult chocolate milk. :rotfl2: That can't be more of a waste of money than the ice wine. That was a total RIP! (I think I told you that already). ;)

It really was! I think I want to try to make it this weekend, actually, I saw Tyler Florence make it on Tyler's Ultimate a few weeks ago, so now I really want to make it at home!

I'm pretty sure he did end up getting sushi from the Japan booth, I know I got the roll with the chicken in it, which was really good! :thumbsup2

Thanks, Japan is so beautiful!

I know, I know, the godiva iced coffee is a total rip off, but I can't help it, I LOVE it! It's just so good! :rotfl2:

The Ice Wine was ridiculous. I think they were seriously using a thimble to measure the portions for it

Haha, that's funny, because MEK told me in my PTR that the ice wine was a pathetic amount so I skipped it because of her! :rotfl:

Aww, I wish I was there right now too. I was just thinking yesterday how really I should be going soon since we had that December reservation but cancelled. Atleast you get to go back before me! April is so far off...

Sounds like a good night at Epcot!

I know, don't you hate when you have a trip somewhat planned and then you have to cancel it! :( April isn't too far away, just a few more months! :woohoo:

It was a great night in Epcot! I love it there! :thumbsup2

Great update, Jen. That chocolate drink looks really yummy. I just can't get myself to try sushi....not sure what it is, but it just doesn't look appealing to me at all.

Great pictures of Spaceship Earth.

Thanks! It is really yummy!

I never thought I'd like sushi, but some of it is really good! I don't eat anything weird, I stick to the kinds with crab or lobster in them, because that's usually cooked. I don't want to eat anything raw. Or with eel...I tried one with eel that Brandon got one day and it was disgusting! I felt like I was eating the ocean, it was just so ocean-y! :rotfl2: And I have to cover mine in soy sauce, which apparently is NOT done if you truly like sushi! :confused3

Thanks!

LOL at Brandon being a disney princess expert :)
LOVE IT!!!! :)

I bet, if you bought the godiva liquor and made an iced coffee or even added it to chocolate milk it would be similar!
And that sounds SSSOOOO Deeeelicious right now!!!!

I
MISS
EPCOT
:(

Haha, I know, I've trained him well I guess! :thumbsup2

Probably! I'm so intrigued by the actual stuff that they sell at the liquor store that is called Adult Chocolate Milk...it comes in a bottle, and it looks just like chocolate milk! I should just buy some this weekend! :drinking1

Me too!!!! :sad::sad::sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter