"No One's Gloomy or Complaining"-in DISNEY WORLD!~An 11/12 TR!-*NEW TR Link pg 56!!!*

Sounds like you guys had a similar start to your trip that we did, not knowing if it was going to even happen with the weather!!! Glad you made it down to Disney ok!! :banana::banana:

Im going the same week next year. I can't wait to read your TR and see how the crowds and weather were.

That was a lot of snow you got! We are in Boston and all we got was rain.

It's a great week to go! The crowds were a little crazy at the beginning of the trip, with the end of Food and Wine, Veteran's Day, and the half marathon, but they were still not awful, and they thinned out later in the week! And I thought the weather was great, warm but not hot and humid! And cool at night! :thumbsup2

Yeah we got a ton of snow, it was kind of a surprise! :scared1: I would have been happier with rain!

How stressful. I was on the Dream when that hit and so many people from Jersey were also on that cruise and were not too excited about going home to that.

I had to pick up our tickets early too. I went ti guest service at the international gateway and their system isn't up to date so it took a little longer, but it worked out fine for us too.

That must be so weird to be on a cruise and know it's snowing at home! It was even weird leaving snow and 3 hours later being in warm, sunny Florida! :rotfl:

I always get so nervous picking up tickets early, because I always read here that they want to stop letting people do it! I really hope they don't, I know a lot of people depend on that! :thumbsup2

Wow - I totally missed the start of your TR, so thanks for the heads-up! I needed it. Clearly I did. :lmao:

Holy moly morning snow. No wonder you were panicked about whether your flight would be canceled. So glad everything went off without a hitch.

Now let me ask you this - don't you always question you home location choice when you leave in the freezing cold snow and you arrive 2.5 hours later to glorious sunshine. :rotfl:

Yeah for being able to separate your park tickets.

Can't wait to see your room!

Haha, that's ok, glad you're here! :banana:

I know, it was a ton of snow! I'm glad we made it, I would have been SO upset if our flight was cancelled!

Haha, uh, yeah I always question living in CT when I'm in Florida! I am really hoping to move there someday, I'm just not sure how I'd adjust to the summers! I hate heat and humidity, which might be a problem in FL! :rotfl:

I would have been so stressed as well if I had been in your situation!

I don't get why Disney would want to stop letting people get their tickets early when they have a package. What could they gain? Do they really think people are just going to buy a 1-day ticket (crazy expensive!), or extend their package and possibly give up their discount? Hum, no! People will either just not go to a park the first day, or just don't show up until their package is ready. Then Disney will be out whatever money those people would have paid on the room and food that first day. Sorry, mini rant over.

Ugh I was stressed! Luckily everything worked out! :banana:

I know, I never understand when people say Disney is not going to allow that anymore! If you have a package with tickets, they're already paid for, so who cares when you pick them up? :confused3 I hope it never happens, but it's mentioned a lot on the DIS so I feel like someday it will, just like the stupid FP return time enforcement, which I cannot stand! :mad:

Sorry for the rocky start, but I'm sure that just made you all the more excited to arrive in Disney World! Our first stop of our trip was Earl also. Can't beat those delicious sandwiches! I haven't tried the holiday sandwich yet but every time I've read about them in a TR, it's nothing but rave reviews! Maybe one day.

Great start so far, looking forward to more!

It did make me so much more appreciative of being in Disney!!! I wanted to cry when we landed, that's why when I was sitting at EoS waiting for Brandon I kept thinking "we're really here!" because I was convinced we wouldn't be...:eek:

Ahh you have to try the holiday sandwich, it is SO good! Thanksgiving on a sandwich, it's great! :yay:

That was the Nor'Easter the week after Hurricane Sandy... I vividly remember them predicting that and not being sure exactly where it was going to be centered... Philadelphia, New York, Boston... and then CT got hit the worst I believe...:scared: Oh wow... I'd have been freaking out...::yes::

But fortunately you arrived with a few minor bumps...:cool1: and you're getting yummy sandwiches so now hopefully all flows and is good...:thumbsup2

popcorn::

Ugh yeah, I was so stressed about that stupid Nor'Easter! Especially since they were saying all we would get from it would be RAIN! And we ended up getting like 6-8 inches! Crazy! I can't believe Bradley airport is so good in the snow, they seem like they really know what they are doing...all the NY airports were in some panic and basically shut down! :scared1:

Everything was great once we got to Florida! I was so happy just to be there and starting my trip with a yummy holiday sandwich! :laughing:

Sounds like you guys had a similar start to your trip that we did, not knowing if it was going to even happen with the weather!!! Glad you made it down to Disney ok!! :banana::banana:

Yeah it was crazy! And you know what? When Hurricane Sandy was happening, I was saying to Brandon how glad I was that we weren't going to Disney during that time, because we probably would have had to postpone our trip...me saying that probably cursed us and caused that stupid storm the next week or something! :laughing:

Page 7!!! Yikes...I am so far behind....

Haha, well, it's only page 5 so you're not too far behind! :thumbsup2

I'm glad you made it there without incident! I remember that stressed out feeling from our Dec. 2010 trip. Our flight was already delayed due to mechanical problems, but a big snowstorm was heading towards us as we waited for them to fix things. It was really coming down by the time we took off and I believe we were one of the last flights out before they closed the airport! So nice to arrive at WDW after that!

I miss Earl of Sandwich! Yummy! Dug had that Holiday Sandwich once and I tried it...very tasty!

I love that Christmas tree you were next to in Downtown Disney. Very pretty.

Glad the rest of the trip went smoothly!

I'm glad you made it there without incident! I remember that stressed out feeling from our Dec. 2010 trip. Our flight was already delayed due to mechanical problems, but a big snowstorm was heading towards us as we waited for them to fix things. It was really coming down by the time we took off and I believe we were one of the last flights out before they closed the airport! So nice to arrive at WDW after that!

I miss Earl of Sandwich! Yummy! Dug had that Holiday Sandwich once and I tried it...very tasty!

I love that Christmas tree you were next to in Downtown Disney. Very pretty.

Glad the rest of the trip went smoothly!

Thanks, me too! Wow that must have been awful, being delayed for something mechanical and then a snowstorm! Glad you made it out! :yay:

I miss the Earl of Sandwich too! I wish someone would open one in CT!

DTD is really pretty when it's decorated for Christmas! :thumbsup2

I'm here Jen! I was pretty much gone when you started, so I'm going to catch up now. :goodvibes

Yay, glad you're here!!! :yay:

Under the Sea!!!

Arrival Day 11/8 Part 2

Once we were finished at Downtown Disney, we hopped in the car to drive to our resort. If you followed my PTR, you might remember that we had a one night stay at a new resort before we checked into POR the next day for the remainder of our trip...and our first night we would be staying at...

P1000028.jpg

ART OF ANIMATION!!!! :yay::yay::yay:

It is SO cute, even when you are just driving in, you can tell how adorable this place is going to be!

P1000029.jpg

We parked and went into the lobby and I was just overwhelmed...I'm sure everyone has seen pictures of the lobby and the check in desks, with that gorgeous rainbow of lights behind them, but it is so much more amazing in person!

P1000031.jpg

I wanted to hang out and explore for a little while, and take tons of pictures, since we would only be there for one night. Unfortunately Brandon was getting a little cranky from the lack of sleep the night before, and he wanted to get into the room, so he kind of rushed me through the check in process. It was very quick and easy, I did online check in and our room was ready, so we grabbed our stuff and headed over there!

We were staying in the Little Mermaid section, which is about as far away from the main building as you can get! The outsides of the buildings are really nice, they look just like Pop Century, only with a Little Mermaid theme!

P1000037.jpg

P1000038.jpg

Our room was on the top floor, so we had to find the elevators, but before we did that, I ran ahead to look at the pool area and the courtyard!

P1000041.jpg

I only had a second to look since of course, the elevator was right there and Brandon was rushing me again! I should have told him to go without me, but I did want to get all of our luggage situated first, so I got on the elevator with him. I assumed I would have time to go back and look at everything a little more later!

We found our room, opened the door and...

P1000044.jpg

It was perfect! SO completely adorable!!!

(I hope you don't mind a lot of room pics, because I took a lot!)

P1000047.jpg

P1000048.jpg

All of the Little Mermaid details were amazing, but my favorite part of the whole room was definitely the shower!

P1000051.jpg

P1000052.jpg

How cute is that!! If I won Powerball last night, I would definitely have had someone turn the shower in my house into that! And bought a giant DVC contract, of course. Didn't win, though, so I guess it's still boring blue tiles in the shower for me and back to dreaming of DVC! (Yet!) :rotfl:

Brandon immediately went to sleep and I showered then took a little nap, but I was way too excited to sleep! Around 3:30 I was starting to go crazy, I needed to get to a park! So I started rushing Brandon around, like he did to me earlier, and around 4:30, we were arriving at

MY HOME!

P1000056.jpg

EPCOT!!! OMG I love Epcot SO much! I think about being here pretty much every day of my life, so when I get to be here in reality, there are no words to describe my level of joy driving through that entrance! :lovestruc

P1000057.jpg

I walked slowly for a few minutes, to listen to the Epcot entrance music (some of my favorite Disney music ever!) but then we picked up the pace to get to the World Showcase! We only had a few days of the Food and Wine festival left, and we were not about to waste any time! Our first destination?

P1000058.jpg

Canada!

Disney was brilliant this year, offering not only the cheddar cheese soup from Le Cellier at the Canada booth, but they also had the mushroom filet! So I had to get one of each, since they are my favorite things at Le Cellier. Brandon was boring, he skipped the soup and just had filet! :eek: (I know, I don't understand it either, he said he wanted to save room for other things!)

P1000060.jpg

Yum! The soup was perfect, it was just like in the restaurant! The filet was good, obviously not as good as if you are in Le Cellier, but it was still very good, and very filling, they gave you a lot of steak for something that is basically supposed to be a sample!

We moved on from Canada and looked at the next couple of booths, but we didn't stop until Ireland! I had to finally try the Warm Chocolate Lava Cake with Bailey’s Ganache. (Sorry about the blurry picture!)

IMG_1547.jpg

It was AMAZING! I mean, it was your basic lava cake, and it was a very, very small portion, as you can see, but there was something about that Bailey's sauce that was poured over it. I was eating the tiniest bites, because I wanted it to last, but trust me, I could have inhaled that thing all in one shot, it was that good!

We were right next to Rose and Crown, so Brandon decided to get a beer from the stand they have outside. I didn't really understand this, because we were at the Food and Wine festival, I told him to just get something from one of the booths, but he insisted that he had to have a Newcastle, or whatever he ended up getting. I swear, I must spend like 25% of my Disney trips waiting for him to get beer in this line, because it moves SO SLOWLY! Or maybe it just seemed slow because I was so antsy to keep moving and go to more booths and we just had to stop for what seemed like forever to get beer! UGHHHH!!!

I couldn't wait with him much longer, I was seriously going crazy just standing there, so I wandered around England a little. It looked really pretty and it was surprisingly calm, considering how many people were at the booths.

P1000064.jpg

I decided to go back to the never ending beer line and luckily, Brandon was walking towards me with his beer, so we could FINALLY move on! I realize now that I was being a bit impatient :rolleyes1 but you have to understand, I waited for months to be at the Food and Wine festival, so once I was there, I didn't really want to take my time! I get in this Disney panic when I'm first there and I just want to go go go!

But the sun was going down, Epcot was looking more beautiful than ever, so I calmed down a little and reminded myself I had the entire trip ahead of me! I slowed down, admired France from across the bridge for a few minutes and we talked about what booths we wanted to try to go to tonight.

P1000065.jpg

Since we could already see France, we figured the France booth would be a good place to stop next, so that's where we were headed!

Up next...more Food and Wine festival!

Disney panic? :lmao:

There were three big areas for beer at F&W - craft beers, the sam adams place, and another right near Germany where they had the most wonderful beer - it was grapefruit - so good. But Brandon has to stop at R&C? I can see why you were a little impatient. :rotfl:

Your room was adorable. I think if I stayed there I would have to stay more than one night. It's just too cute not to.

Looks like the perfect day for a trip around the world showcase.

Okay, first....I'm going to say that I so knew that you would see the FL expansion. :lmao:

Brandon loves it. He just doesn't want to admit it. :rotfl2:

Oh no, I'm sorry you were scared about the flights being cancelled. Belle looks adorable in the suitcase. My kitty does that all the time.

Hahahaha. Brandon forgetting his suitcase. I'm sorry, that's just priceless. It's not like it's an ID or anything, it's a SUITCASE! :rotfl:

Glad he picked a car after all the agonizing.

Yay, Earl of Sandwich. I'm missing my sandwich right now, for real.

I am so excited to visit Art of Animation at some point in July. It just looks so great. Thanks for all of the pictures!

Woo hoo, F&W festival. I lurve it!

Love the Art of Animation pictures! I am definitely planning on going there in April sometime just to look around. I would love to stay there some day.

Epcot park music is awesome. :thumbsup2

I'm here !! Enjoying your TR already !!

And this ......

I'm Jen, and I'm pretty much obsessed with Disney. You can probably call it a problem, because the more I go to Disney, the more I want to plan trips! Basically the whole reason I exist is to plan trips to Disney for months, and then go on these planned trips that consume my life, come home, and start the process over.

You say you are a freak. But I say it seems like perfectly normal behavior to me.

Looking forward to reading more !!

Susan

Well, now you have gone and done it!!! Mark saw your Little Mermaid room pictures and insists we are staying there one or two nights in April when we go on his business trip. I told him he can have one night only because we don't like the values; but it is very cute.

I can understand your being impatiet waiting for Brandon to get a beer at R&C when he could have gotten one at a booth. I would have told him to meet me in the next country. :lmao::lmao:

Can't wait to hear more about F&W...especially since I doubt we'll ever be there at that time, I like to live through everyone else's experiences.

You always describe Epcot in such a way that makes me want to be there, right now! I can almost hear that great Epcot music.

AoA is such a cool resort. I agree, that shower is the best!:thumbsup2

AHHHHHHH. The Little Mermaid rooms are perfect. PERFECT!!!! Can I go NOW?!?!?!? OMG I'm dying. I think I would literally die if I were there. And this is only AoA. I can't even think about what will happen when I see all the new Little Mermaid stuff in New Fantasyland. :faint: Thank you for all the pictures! That shower is just amazing ahhhhhhhh omg.

Oh man. Epcot music. AHHH LOVE. Epcot is just the best thing ever. I really do think it might be my favorite park. I don't know though. I just love them all so much.

If I ever went to Disney with you I wouldn't make you wait while I got beer, I promise. (That is mainly because I don't drink, but we'll just pretend it's because I'm super nice. ;)) :lmao:

Can't wait for more!!! Loving this so far, girl!

Your Little Mermaid room is very cute! The shower does look awesome!

Yay Epcot!!!! Hahaha I should have known you wouldn't just make ADR's at LC, you'd have F&W from the Canada booth as well!! :laughing: I wonder if they would have let you just get the soup in your refillable mug...:idea:

I was so excited to see your AoA photos because that's where me and DBF are hoping to stay in 2014!

It looks AMAZING!

So does that cake from Ireland, it's a shame they don't give bigger portions haha

Can't wait to read more :)

That Little Mermaid room looks so cool. I love all the different shades of blue. I just wish it wasn't the farthest building from the lobby. I mean, I get that the family suites are the main draw, but there's folks who only need suites that would like to be closer to everything! ::yes::

Mmm, the Food and Wine Festival. It already sounds amazing. And I had no idea that the filet from Le Cellier was at a booth! :confused3 Now I want to try it!

Ahhhhhh Art of Animation!! :lovestruc I love it there, you got some great pictures, I can just imagine being back there again. So adorable! My favourite part was also the shower. :thumbsup2
Oh Epcot! My favourite as well. The entrance music gives me goosebumps.
Mmmmm cheddar cheese soup... drooling a little. We found a recipe for it and I keep meaning to try it.

OMG!!!! The Little Mermaid room is ADORABLE!!!!!! It really looks perfect :)

Haha! I get the mentality that I need to go go go when I get to Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter