no more pj :(

Hey Tracy! I've had 2 c-sections and each one I felt different. But I sure would wantn't to check out of the hospital and go on a road trip with a brand new baby and a c-section.(The baby's doctor may put his foot down about taking the baby on a trip, I wouldn't be surprised if her ob-gyn would advise against it). You really are supposed to take it easy at least for the 1st 2weeks, I didn't with the second and was back in the doctor's office.Don't know how familiar you are with post delivery and not wanting to gross any of you non-moms out, but you do bleed after delivery(even with a c). At the hospital they give you the biggest honking pads you have ever seen. This goes on for about 2-4 weeks in most cases. Baby gets his first check up at 2 weeks and mom goes in at 6 weeks.

I think if your sister's attendance at your wedding is important to you, I think it's time for a family pow wow to look at your options

I'm thinking you may want to look at your wedding date. I know that totally stinks but I have two sisters of my own and I CANNOT imagine them not being at my wedding. I think that it would definitely be too much to travel that soon after a c-section. Both of my sisters have given birth via c-section in the last month and a half and it takes some time to recover. Thats just my opinion though!

I really hope everything works out for you :goodvibes

Tracy,

Sending lots of :hug:'s your way. I'm so sorry your FMIL yelled at you for something that was totally not your fault. She definitely seems like a control freak who can never be satisfied. I hope you don't give up on your dream Disney wedding because of someone like this. I think you and your DF really need to have a talk with her and let her know what her behavior is unacceptable. I can't believe she is blaming you because her side of the family has chosen to stay at the All Stars :mad:. I really hope you get through this, good luck!

Tracy,

I think you need to give it a while to settle down, then print out proper edicate and take it to her, tell her you are sorry if she misunderstands, but you were in no way trying to hurt her, let her know you were following the rules. Also tell her you are adding them to the invite to make them feel better. (don't mention it is only on the ones going to her family) and tell her you would be more then happy to help her switch hotels! ;)

Don't give up on your dream!

Tracy, I'm so sorry. I'm really starting to think that we need a Disney FMILzilla thread!

I'm having several similar problems with mine and I definitely understand how hard it can be. I had started a PJ a couple of months ago and stopped writing in it because planning our wedding was becoming an absolute nightmare!

You just need to focus on you and your DF. Your wedding is going to be amazing (I've read your PJ and seen the pics - everything is gorgeous) regardless of the mini tantrums that your FMIL is having.

I do think you should consider a new wedding date so that your sister can be there.

:flower3: :hug:

Nikki

In the end remember that it won't matter what anyone has to say about it as long as you get your dream wedding! We had so many people that think it's dumb that we're getting married at Disney. Most of them aren't coming which is better for us, but they have no idea what a great time they will be missing!

You have a good plan for handling all of your stress - good luck. Great idea to see what your sister's doctors say before changing anything.

As for the FMIL - you've handled the invitation situation so your good there. As for her blow up about where she is staying, I agree with Goldeelox, wait for things to settle down a little and maybe offer to help her change her reservations if she would like.

Your PJ has me sending loads of :hug: and pixiedust: your way! Can't wait to hear how it all pans out. I'm an only child, and so is my cousin so we are like sisters and when I told her my wedding date she told me her due date and we both freaked out! I've also had the SAME FIL drama...I think your wedding is going to be BEAUTIFUL! Positive thoughts your way!!!!!

My fingers are crossed for your sister! I hope her due date ends up being sooner then you guys thought! Don't worry your day will be perfect!

Is there anyway of rescheduling the date of your wedding????

If having your sister there is very important to you, then I'd look into the date change pronto.

C-sections can be down right awful. There is no way in HE double hockey sticks that your sis should be driving that far that soon after a C-section let alone with a 5 day old. It sounds as though you are very close and your sis would want to do this for you. But for the health of your sister I would highly suggest reconsidering the date of your wedding.

Best of luck to you!!!! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Good luck getting things sorted out over the next week. I'm sure you must be getting super excited for your planning session :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter