No masks at Walmart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Apparently our local Walmart didn't get the memo. We just returned and EVERYONE, from the time we pulled into the parking lot, had a mask on. Outside, inside, employees, shoppers. I was shopping for new eyeglass frames, and the first thing the employee did was hand me a container and tell me to put every pair I handled into the box so that they could sanitize them before returning them to the display. I asked him if it was OK to remove my mask when I looked in the mirror with potential frames on. He said I could LOWER my mask just at that time. And we live in a state where the governor lifted the mask mandate several weeks ago. So I COULD have made an issue of it, but it just wasn't worth it to me. Anyone else live where they're not following the CDC guidelines concerning masks? I was even ready with my vaccination card.

Apparently our local Walmart didn't get the memo. We just returned and EVERYONE, from the time we pulled into the parking lot, had a mask on. Outside, inside, employees, shoppers. I was shopping for new eyeglass frames, and the first thing the employee did was hand me a container and tell me to put every pair I handled into the box so that they could sanitize them before returning them to the display. I asked him if it was OK to remove my mask when I looked in the mirror with potential frames on. He said I could LOWER my mask just at that time. And we live in a state where the governor lifted the mask mandate several weeks ago. So I COULD have made an issue of it, but it just wasn't worth it to me. Anyone else live where they're not following the CDC guidelines concerning masks? I was even ready with my vaccination card.
Why COULD you have a made an issue of it? Based on what? Their company, their policy. They can require masks even if government doesn't.

Unless your City/Town/State OWNS Walmart ...you couldn't have done a thing. You have the option not to shop there if you don't like the rules. Not sure why that would be confusing......

I don't get why you would even make an issue of this.

I get that some people are over being cautious, but I look at this request as small stuff.

You were seeking eyeglasses. Something needing close, personal contact with strangers.

I would be grateful that they wanted to sanitize eyeglass frames before the next person used them.

And why would you argue with an employee who doesn't make the rules ?

Last edited:
Our Aldi's and Walmart--all cashiers had on masks..the girls in the deli and to go place did not. Very odd.

This is exactly why I am concerned about wearing my mask still.

I went to Publix yesterday and they had a sign that said masks are required for individuals who are not vaccinated. Everyone else was wearing masks. I am vaccinated, but to avoid any conflict I just wore my mask too. It's still early in the mask optional period for vaccinated individuals and I don't think it is worth it to make a big deal about it.

Our Walmart has the sign out that now says Vaccinated people do not need to wear masks.....but how do you know.
I went yesterday, wore my mask. Only saw 2 people without one one. All employees were wearing them.

Our Target still says masks are to be worn

Yes, our mandates are lifted for the most part. Masks seem to still be mostly in use by customers at Walmart and Target here. DH had to go to Walmart and went in without one, and got some attention. I went to Target yesterday, and wearing one because I notice my area for the most part everyone is still wearing them. I asked the Target employee I was checking out with out of curiosity on masks right now, and they said it's up to the employees if they want to wear still, but they are all still wearing for the same reason, don't want to be first (their personal opinion). And as for customers, it's up to customer and they aren't asking for vaccination proof.

Goodness! First of all, a private business can set their policy as they see fit, so that's the end of it. Secondly, this is all happening very quickly, not everywhere has adapted yet. It's not unreasonable to allow those involved to review the guidance and decide what is best for their business. It's okay - things are moving along.

My son and I went to Kohls yesterday. They have taken down the mask signs so we did not put ours on as we are both fully vaccinated.

The only sideways eye we got was from a guy we passed who pulled his mask up over his nose as he passed us and muttered something about masks.

Thought it was funny he was willing to wear it incorrectly until he passed us at which point he pulled the mask up over his nose.

Saw him later in the store and he was again wearing his mask well below his nose.

PSA: Just so you know, making an issue of things often works out rather badly.

Usually they ask you to leave and if you don't, they call the cops and ask the friendly cop to trespass you, then if you don't cooperate, well you get arrested for trespassing and whatever other charges apply.

Last edited:
The Walmarts in my area still have large signs on the front of the building announcing that masks are mandatory inside, no specifications indicated for the vaccinated. There are still people going mask-less inside the store anyway, yet there doesn't seem to be anyone enforcing the mask rule. I COULD make an issue about it, but I don't feel like getting stabbed by meth heads. If and when I DO feel like getting stabbed by meth heads, then Covid is the least of my worries.

Businesses can do anything they want. I think it’s a good thing that they are still requiring masks. If you don’t like it, don’t shop there. There are still variants out there that we don’t know if we are even protected against with the vaccine. I’m fully vaccinated but I will still continue to wear a mask if I feel it is necessary. We’re no way close to herd immunity yet because of people who refuse to wear masks and get vaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter