• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No longer solo at YC in Jan! Update-p.16- photos & leaving in the AM!!!

Hi! I wanted to poke my head in and say hi. I just got caught up on your trip report, and am really enjoying it so far. I was originally going on my first solo trip to Disney in December, but ended up inviting a friend along with me. I know exactly what you mean about needing a break in the middle of winter. I've never been diagnosed with SADD, but like clockwork I start turning into a mess every fall just as the days start to shorten. I went to visit family in Florida in January one year, and felt so much better while I was there. Hopefully your trip this year will be a welcome respite after everything that happened last year.

I can't wait to hear all about your trip.

Hey April,

I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty...:hug:...I had a dog that I adored that got lymphomia when he was 7...it's horrible to be in that position...I am sorry for your loss...

Sometimes people can be really annoying...when some people don't understand something...they feel the need to prove that you are wrong or what you do or believe is wrong because if they don't do that...it makes them question their own beliefs...just ignore them or tazer them (just kidding-kind of...;)

Very sad about the accident...

I'm really behind on reading everyone's threads.

I'm very sorry to hear about your kitty -- she looks so cute in the photo and I know you miss her. I lost my absolute best cat-friend in the world in March and I still miss her, even though I've got two new kitties.

I don't know why people can't mind their own business about what other people eat. I'm not a vegetarian, but my sister, stepdaughter, and stepson are. I cook plenty of meals with no meat, especially since I'm working on losing weight. I'm always thrilled to have yummy vegetarian food!

Hi! I wanted to poke my head in and say hi. I just got caught up on your trip report, and am really enjoying it so far. I was originally going on my first solo trip to Disney in December, but ended up inviting a friend along with me. I know exactly what you mean about needing a break in the middle of winter. I've never been diagnosed with SADD, but like clockwork I start turning into a mess every fall just as the days start to shorten. I went to visit family in Florida in January one year, and felt so much better while I was there. Hopefully your trip this year will be a welcome respite after everything that happened last year.

I can't wait to hear all about your trip.

Thanks! SADD is just awful...I find I am usually ok if I go to FL in January, but I start getting a little too down by the end of winter again.
Oooh- I'm definitely going to check out your PTR. I love WDW in December!!

Hey April,

I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty...:hug:...I had a dog that I adored that got lymphomia when he was 7...it's horrible to be in that position...I am sorry for your loss...

Sometimes people can be really annoying...when some people don't understand something...they feel the need to prove that you are wrong or what you do or believe is wrong because if they don't do that...it makes them question their own beliefs...just ignore them or tazer them (just kidding-kind of...;)

Very sad about the accident...

:rotfl: Thanks! I just wish people would let me be & maybe talk about something OTHER than food. Maybe Disney?? :rolleyes1
I checked out & subscribed to your PTR today- I can't believe it is already on page 2!!

I'm really behind on reading everyone's threads.

I'm very sorry to hear about your kitty -- she looks so cute in the photo and I know you miss her. I lost my absolute best cat-friend in the world in March and I still miss her, even though I've got two new kitties.

I don't know why people can't mind their own business about what other people eat. I'm not a vegetarian, but my sister, stepdaughter, and stepson are. I cook plenty of meals with no meat, especially since I'm working on losing weight. I'm always thrilled to have yummy vegetarian food!

Thanks! :goodvibes I know what you mean about still missing pets even though you get new ones. When my dog, Isis goes, it will completely destroy me.
It's cool to hear about other vegetarians because sometimes I feel like the only one on the planet!

Ok, you guys...I am starting to turn this into a pity party!!! :rotfl: I do NOT want that to happen!!! I will try to post a better itinerary tomorrow and some more old photos. I'm going to listen to a new horror audiobook on my way home from work tonight. This usually results in me RUNNING from my car into my house when I get home because it is so dark. :rolleyes: Yes, I am a dork.

Just stopping by to say that I've been reading along :) (for a few pages now! I R bad at responding).

Then again, I typically don't have much to say when I do respond...so, um, yeah. I'll make something up, or just keep typing so it doesn't look like I'm doing a thoughtless "yay I'm here" post, even if that's all it amounts to be.

At any rate... looking forward to more good stuff and I'll keep my fingers crossed that you stay healthy this time!

Just stopping by to say that I've been reading along :) (for a few pages now! I R bad at responding).

Then again, I typically don't have much to say when I do respond...so, um, yeah. I'll make something up, or just keep typing so it doesn't look like I'm doing a thoughtless "yay I'm here" post, even if that's all it amounts to be.

At any rate... looking forward to more good stuff and I'll keep my fingers crossed that you stay healthy this time!

:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: You are TOO funny! I have been lurking on your TR, too- enjoying all of the great photos! :thumbsup2

April, I'm sorry about your kitty :hug:. It is always so sad to when a pet passes :sad1:.

You made me think about my niece when you were talking about being a vegetarian, she lives up in Boston too. I know that is a strange connection, but it just made me think about Jennifer :confused3. I get really aggravated about some of the stuff on Facebook. Some people just have to add their $.02 when it isn't wanted :mad:.

I hope you have a great Friday!!!!!

April, I'm sorry about your kitty :hug:. It is always so sad to when a pet passes :sad1:.

You made me think about my niece when you were talking about being a vegetarian, she lives up in Boston too. I know that is a strange connection, but it just made me think about Jennifer :confused3. I get really aggravated about some of the stuff on Facebook. Some people just have to add their $.02 when it isn't wanted :mad:.

I hope you have a great Friday!!!!!

Thanks!! I know- sometimes Facebook drives me crazy. I have a love :love: / hate :headache: relationship with it. Is your niece in Boston for school? How does she like it? I know the weather gets horrendous, but the historic parts of the city are a lot of fun to visit. You have a great Friday, too! I'm glad you made it through that awful weather!!!

Hello April

Hi! How are you feeling? I was worried about you. :hug:

A bit of news...John & I may not be going to WDW in December, but instead visiting Washington state in the beginning of the summer. I am sort of excited because I haven't been there for 10 years & I loved it when I was there.
Today I am going to post a ton of photos. I apologize if any are repeats.

Castlenight.jpg

This is my "boat rage" photo. :rotfl: I was really just squinting because it was bright.
Scan10003.jpg

From 2001:
horseman.jpg

Isis as a puppy (just making sure you're paying attention) ;) :
Isis-puppy.jpg

Some more of EPCOT:
100_4945.jpg

100_4946.jpg

100_4958.jpg

100_4959.jpg

100_4963.jpg

100_4964.jpg

100_4966.jpg

100_4974.jpg

The holiday season:
ofsl.jpg

Castle_lights.jpg

Gingerbread_BW.jpg

Crazy Isis:
IMG_0047.jpg

isisgrass2.jpg

One last TOTALLY random photo...The Statue of Liberty from 2002:

SOL-1.jpg

Good morning April. All is good so far today. Yay to Friday. I only work till noon today. I love your pictures and that Isis is the sweetest puppy. I want to wrap my arms around her and let her lick me to pieces. She is huggable.

How fun to go to Washington. My boss is going mid Dec. for a week to some island. Just he and his wife. His daughter lives out there and they go every year, but this time they are doing this island instead. Glad cause he needs a vacay and glad cause he'll be out of the office. And he is going to Monroe the week of March 22. I can't stand it. Two vacays. So unlike him.

Have a great weekend. Sheri, Sharon and I are going for pedi's tomorrow and then lunch.

Great photos! I should try to take more artistic ones of architectural details. Usually I just point and snap! Nice doggie pictures too. Isis looks like a really fun dog.

Happy Saturday!!! I love your pictures, I soooooooooo wish I had an eye for photography, I try, but I just don't have it :sad2:. What breed is Isis? I love the pictures of her. Thank you about the weather, I'm glad it was just a bad rain storm, well except for my power going on and off............grrrrrrrrrrr. My niece actually moved to Boston several years ago. She got married in September. I'm not sure where she works, but I know she has something to do with the theatrical group called The Gold Dust Orphans.

I hope you are having a great weekend.

Ok guys- just a quick hello tonight- our power is out & I am having a total meltdown. I'm just thinking back to last December when we lost power for a week. I REALLY hope it comes back on tonight. Ugh. I'll update & reply ASAP. I wish I could Dis longer, but i have to keep the battery life up on my phone.

Ok guys- just a quick hello tonight- our power is out & I am having a total meltdown. I'm just thinking back to last December when we lost power for a week. I REALLY hope it comes back on tonight. Ugh. I'll update & reply ASAP. I wish I could Dis longer, but i have to keep the battery life up on my phone.

I will pray for ya'll. I know last year was a bad time for you after the power outage. It is really hard to be without power, I know, I'm total electric at my house. Hugs :hug:.

Thanks, Dana! John said your prayers must have worked- the power came on. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter