No longer solo at YC in Jan! Update-p.16- photos & leaving in the AM!!!

Is anyone else having a bad week already? People are just cranky and mean here today. Yesterday was a blur because it was so busy. I am hosting a short event on Thursday at our library to showcase GIS & show people what we can do with mapping software. I don’t think anyone will show up, but I am a little nervous about it. I just hate being the center of attention for any reason- good or bad. All I keep thinking is "72 days to go." :cool1:

I don’t know why, but I’m having anxiety about using Magical Express. I’m just afraid that I won’t be able to find it or that something will go wrong.

Some of my WL photos from a stay in 2001:
WLarch-1.jpg

wllobby2-1.jpg

wlfireplace-1.jpg

wllobby1-1.jpg

More January 2005 photos of WL:
100_4935.jpg

100_4937.jpg

100_5005.jpg

100_5004.jpg

You will do just fine on the ME. There will be lots of people to ask. Not many of them will bite your head off so you should arrive in tact.

Have a good day. Still sunshine today.

Ginny

April,

deer ticks=bad, bad, bad...you cover everything...ankles to elbows when you're out there right?

IS THAT A FRANKENSTEIN CARVED PUMPKIN...did you do that...:worship:

(i missed my carved pumpkin festival because everone was sick...:confused3)

(I love carved pumpkins and I love the old classic horror films...Dracula, Frankenstein, the Mummy, the Wolfman, etc....) so I really love that...:thumbsup2

Hmmm...awesome WL pictures...that's where we're staying next October...:woohoo:

Did I miss you talking about a Christmas trip in 2010 with John...:goodvibes...I'm usually good about reading but I don't remember that...that's awesome....:thumbsup2

You will do just fine on Magical Express. Anyone Airport employee you ask will know where to direct you if you have to ask. Just go towards where all the rental car desks are too. It will be just fine! :hug:

You will do just fine on the ME. There will be lots of people to ask. Not many of them will bite your head off so you should arrive in tact.

Have a good day. Still sunshine today.

Ginny
:) Thanks! I hope so. I get so nervous about travelling. I am glad it is still sunny there. :goodvibes You have a great day, too!

April,

deer ticks=bad, bad, bad...you cover everything...ankles to elbows when you're out there right?

IS THAT A FRANKENSTEIN CARVED PUMPKIN...did you do that...:worship:

(i missed my carved pumpkin festival because everone was sick...:confused3)

(I love carved pumpkins and I love the old classic horror films...Dracula, Frankenstein, the Mummy, the Wolfman, etc....) so I really love that...:thumbsup2

Hmmm...awesome WL pictures...that's where we're staying next October...:woohoo:

Did I miss you talking about a Christmas trip in 2010 with John...:goodvibes...I'm usually good about reading but I don't remember that...that's awesome....:thumbsup2

Thanks! I did Frankenstein because he is my mom's favorite. I am a big fan of classic horror, too!
I love WL. Have you stayed before? Artist Point is one of my favorites & I haven't been since 2005!! :scared1:
I never mentioned about the December trip next year...I am hoping it will be possible. I want to try to stay at the Polynesian. I have only stayed there once, but I loved it. I really love WDW during the holidays & John LOVES Christmas, so I reasoned that he just HAS to see WDW at that time. :rotfl:

You will do just fine on Magical Express. Anyone Airport employee you ask will know where to direct you if you have to ask. Just go towards where all the rental car desks are too. It will be just fine! :hug:

Thanks! :thumbsup2

I'm here too :banana:. I love your pictures. What type camera did you have then and what type do you have now? The pictures of the fireworks are amazing. I can't seem to get the right settings on my camera for night shots. I have been thinking of taking a photography class, but I would like to have a more advanced camera. Maybe, if I write him a nice letter, Santa will bring me one :lovestruc.

Great Frankenstien! awesome job!!! I am def going to give that a try next year!!! Ashton should be old enough to understand that next year..

Awesome pictures of the castle and you just made me want to stay a WL; it looks like a place away from it all and just seconds away from it...I just don't know where I want to stay... can you tell!!!

Hope your weekend is a wonderful one!!!
:wave2:

Sorry I have been MIA...what a day! It was busy at work, I got into it with someone on facebook, and we had to put one of my cats down. The vet said she had a blood clot that caused her to be immobile and tests revealed a brain tumor. The poor cat was a stray when we found her as a kitten- she was only 11! She was a very good cat & I will miss her terribly. At work, tonight is the annual Town meeting & it is my job to prepare the laptop with all files & presentations. Of course everyone e-mails or drops things off last minute- I don't REALLY mind because I can get things done quickly. I like being able to help people & calm their nerves before presenting at a big meeting. I hope it all went smoothly.
The facebook thing was all a misunderstanding. I am a vegetarian, but I do it for me- I don't tell everyone (though, somehow everyone knows) & I don't lecture anyone or push my views on people. All I want is for people to leave me alone about it. I mean- at work I literally hear once a day "what are you EATING?" like I am eating something disgusting. I don't know how people found out, but I wish they didn't! With everything else on my mind, someone made a comment on facebook that made me temporarily insane. I mean - I know I'm different, but do I really need daily teasing? By the way... these people wouldn't tease me if they tasted the steak I cook... not to add to my weirdness, but I cook a mean steak! I cook them for John a lot. But seriously all I want is to just be able to be me, free from teasing or comments- or debate. People pick fights with me about it...that's what started the great facebook debate. Ugh.
So at the end of my lovely day, I was driving home & the highway turned into a parking lot. The traffic went down to one lane because of a car accident. Many emergency vehicles passed...and the last was the medical examiner. I got sick to my stomach. When I drove by the scene, the car didn't even look like it could ever have been a car! (continued next...sorry- updating from my phone)

Poor dear April. It had to be the day for weirdos. Mine was my boss for sure. Dear Kathy was having an awful day.

Your poor kitty. We all love our pets and would hate for anything to happen to them.

The way I see it, anything short of canibalism one can eat what they want. It's no one's business.

And then to see the remains of that accident. You so did not deserve to go thru that.

I hate days that are so over whelming. Wishes for you a better tomorrow. :grouphug:

I thought back to Lisa's report about seeing an accident & was instantly thankful that I didn't see more than I did. I was also thankful that I wasn't the one in the accident. What a terrible Monday that person had. Someone died in the crash...I HATE to think of people losing family members because, unfortunately, it is a feeling I know all too well.
So that was my day. I miss my sweet kitty...when she purred, I could hear it rooms away. I want to cry, but I feel too exhausted.
I want to say one last thing- I'm thinking of you girls in the South with so much rain coming & all the flooding. If any of you need ANYTHING, PM me...don't hesitate. I'll be back tomorrow w/ a kitty-cat photo.

Thank you, Ginny, for being so sweet & understanding!!! You are the best. I hope I get time to get caught up on your TR tomorrow- I am sorry you had a bad day, too. Thank goodness we all have each other to vent to!!!!

Thank you, Ginny, for being so sweet & understanding!!! You are the best. I hope I get time to get caught up on your TR tomorrow- I am sorry you had a bad day, too. Thank goodness we all have each other to vent to!!!!

I know that these girls got me thru my day today. So anything we can do to help one another is a blessing. Try to have the rest of your evening be calm.

Ginny:hug:

I'm so sorry about the day you had! :hug:

I hate seeing those car accidents on the highways. It's just a horrible feeling.

I'd be beside myself if I had to put on of my kitties down. :grouphug:

I'm here too :banana:. I love your pictures. What type camera did you have then and what type do you have now? The pictures of the fireworks are amazing. I can't seem to get the right settings on my camera for night shots. I have been thinking of taking a photography class, but I would like to have a more advanced camera. Maybe, if I write him a nice letter, Santa will bring me one :lovestruc.

Thanks! I think that camera was a digital Kodak, but to be honest...my fireworks photos end up being a matter of luck! :rotfl: I want to take a photography course, too, but they are SO expensive! I want that digital Canon Rebel & I'm hoping Santa remembers that! :laughing:

Great Frankenstien! awesome job!!! I am def going to give that a try next year!!! Ashton should be old enough to understand that next year..

Awesome pictures of the castle and you just made me want to stay a WL; it looks like a place away from it all and just seconds away from it...I just don't know where I want to stay... can you tell!!!

Hope your weekend is a wonderful one!!!
:wave2:

Thanks! Pumpkin carving is so fun. The kits that you can buy at the convenience stores is great. I always sign up for pumpkin patterns on a particular website, so if you would like me to mail some to you next year, please PM me & I would be more than happy to send them. They have some pretty cute ones- and scary ones, too.

I know that these girls got me thru my day today. So anything we can do to help one another is a blessing. Try to have the rest of your evening be calm.

Ginny:hug:

:hug:Thank you so much for your kind words. You really made me feel better last night.

The Kitty-
IMG_0582.jpg

And that traffic I was stuck in last night was the result of a fatal crash...ugh. I was hoping no one died.

We ALL have to have a better day today!!!:grouphug:

What a beautiful kitty. I know you will miss her. I hope your day is much better. Mine is going to be. I am of the attitude it will be better or I'm taking tomorrow off. Of course I'm taking tomorrow off anyway. All is good.

Ginny

April I hope you are having a better day today! Sorry to hear about your Kitty, and that people find the need to tease about something that does not concern them (how unsecure they are), and sorry you had a horrible commute home!!!!

So, here is a little :hug: and a lot of :sunny: to help brighten your day today!
:wave2:Connie

I'm so sorry about the day you had! :hug:

I hate seeing those car accidents on the highways. It's just a horrible feeling.

I'd be beside myself if I had to put on of my kitties down. :grouphug:

What a beautiful kitty. I know you will miss her. I hope your day is much better. Mine is going to be. I am of the attitude it will be better or I'm taking tomorrow off. Of course I'm taking tomorrow off anyway. All is good.

Ginny

April I hope you are having a better day today! Sorry to hear about your Kitty, and that people find the need to tease about something that does not concern them (how unsecure they are), and sorry you had a horrible commute home!!!!

So, here is a little :hug: and a lot of :sunny: to help brighten your day today!
:wave2:Connie

Thanks!! I hope you all have a great day! :grouphug: So far the day is better. Someone gave me a bunch of just-picked fresh cranberries. I've never made cranberry sauce from scratch! I know it is a totally random question, but does anyone have a recipe?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!