*No longer relevant* (Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy)

Our first park day is slotted to be for Disneyland. I feel like its only right to start with Disneyland. (First time visitors, WDW vets) However, being that we are staying at the Disneyland hotel and there will be early entry into DCA that morning does it make more sense for us to at least start our morning there? And get the best, earliest MP times? We do have hoppers so we could just hop over to Disneyland after starting our morning in DCA. Like how much of a disadvantage are we putting ourselves in with regards to MP for that first morning by NOT going into DCA first?

Our first park day is slotted to be for Disneyland. I feel like its only right to start with Disneyland. (First time visitors, WDW vets) However, being that we are staying at the Disneyland hotel and there will be early entry into DCA that morning does it make more sense for us to at least start our morning there? And get the best, earliest MP times? We do have hoppers so we could just hop over to Disneyland after starting our morning in DCA. Like how much of a disadvantage are we putting ourselves in with regards to MP for that first morning by NOT going into DCA first?
We are also of the same mindset. First time visitors, WDW vets, doing g DL first, because, yeah, that's what you do. Ultimately, I think your answer depends on how long are you there for. How many days? If you will be on site for another 3-4 days, you don't really need to worry about it. If you are only in SoCal for 2-3 days total, then that might be different.

We are also of the same mindset. First time visitors, WDW vets, doing g DL first, because, yeah, that's what you do. Ultimately, I think your answer depends on how long are you there for. How many days? If you will be on site for another 3-4 days, you don't really need to worry about it. If you are only in SoCal for 2-3 days total, then that might be different.

Disneyland 3 full days and then the morning/afternoon on the 4th day before heading to the airport but I wasn't really thinking we'd hit too many rides that morning since its Mickeys birthday and I would rather just soak up the atmosphere and have breakfast at Carnation Cafe the last day

Disneyland 3 full days and then the morning/afternoon on the 4th day before heading to the airport but I wasn't really thinking we'd hit too many rides that morning since its Mickeys birthday and I would rather just soak up the atmosphere and have breakfast at Carnation Cafe the last day

It was very hard to settle on not doing DL first thing since its how I always do WDW but I figured since I arrive in the afternoon its a a good day to use for DTD rather than buying an additional ticket for a half day and probably not being able to get that many FP at that point.

I personally wouldn't miss out on the early entry. You can just get SO MUCH done during early entry (especially at CA). However everyone's preferences are different... I go with my boys (8 and 10) and they are rarely have energy to stay at the park later than 9 (even with a mid day break). It works well for us because we go hard early, make great use of Max Pass, and slow down a bit for afternoons. If you are planning to be at the parks until late at night then maybe it won't matter. I get the "starting with Disneyland" thing. We usually do too. For your situation I would go to CA and hop to Disneyland for the afternoon.

I’ve already bought 5 day tickets with MaxPass for our upcoming March 2020 trip, but DH and I are pretty convinced there will be a subsequent February 2021 trip. I’m debating whether it makes sense to upgrade to the FlexPass before we go in March in order to take advantage of food and merchandise benefits while we’re there, instead of on the last day of the trip as I had planned. A couple of questions:

It looks like MaxPass isn’t included. Would I need to purchase daily MaxPass after arriving at the park each day?

The Flex Pass info says that the dining and merchandise discounts are available at “most” locations. Is there a list of the restaurants and stores that accept the discount? We aren’t fancy; we’re planning for all CS and merchandise would be what we find in th park and can’t live without.

I’ve already bought 5 day tickets with MaxPass for our upcoming March 2020 trip, but DH and I are pretty convinced there will be a subsequent February 2021 trip. I’m debating whether it makes sense to upgrade to the FlexPass before we go in March in order to take advantage of food and merchandise benefits while we’re there, instead of on the last day of the trip as I had planned. A couple of questions:

It looks like MaxPass isn’t included. Would I need to purchase daily MaxPass after arriving at the park each day?

The Flex Pass info says that the dining and merchandise discounts are available at “most” locations. Is there a list of the restaurants and stores that accept the discount? We aren’t fancy; we’re planning for all CS and merchandise would be what we find in th park and can’t live without.
You can add Maxpass to APs - I think it’s around $100 each now? It was $75 when we did it last. Or you can purchase day-by-day.

So far, reports are that FlexPass is having a lot of discount issues, but it should be accepted where other APs are, which is most CS (not in SWGE, not food carts) and stores. I don’t know if there’s a list; someone else might have that.

Reactions: EmJ
My family is visiting the L.A. area and we have one day to spend at Disneyland only—June 25th. Trying to decide with our one day tickets whether to go for the MaxPass and Photopass option. At WDW, the fastpasses you book from your phone (only option) are capped at 3/day unless you are lucky enough to get a 4th. Is this the case with MaxPass?
We loved the old fastpass method at WDW where you could pick up as many fp’s as you were willing to run around & collect throughout the day. I guess you’re still allowed to do this at DL...?
This Star Wars land opening has me nervous!
Would you spend the extra $? Thanks in advance to the DL pros out there! 😊

Yes maxpass 100% worth it. The photo pass for the day already makes it a good deal for family pictures! But just the convenience of being able to get fast passes for rides while already in line is very nice. Also you can even get fast passes for shows such as fantasmic etc.. without having to find where the ticket booth is located for the show!

MaxPass is basically the regular old FP system they used to have at WDW and still have at DLR, just on your phone instead of using paper tickets, which makes it a whole lot more convenient.

• You don't book any FPs until you are in the park at Disneyland (unlike WDW). Once your ticket is scanned into either park, you are eligible to pull your first FP (from either park). As soon as you're eligible, you'll book your next one. Rinse and repeat all day.
So, question. I'll be buying a 3-Day, one park ticket with MaxPass to use over at Disneyland. Since I am a CM here in Canada, I'll be using my Main Entrance Pass to gain entrance to DCA (both to save a bit of change by not selecting the Park Hopper option and also had to do it this way as Disneyland Park is blocked out for us throughout August). As far as I understand, when we go into DCA using a MEP, we are given a standard one-day park ticket to scan into the app, etc. Anyway, with this... I'm basically attempting to do a Do-It-Yourself Park Hopper with a combo of the two types of admission.

So, based on the wording of what you've said above... do you not NEED a Park Hopper to be able to gain access to DCA's roster of attractions on MaxPass? If that's the case, that would be great to not have to pay another $15 each day we'd like to book attractions and head over to DCA. Would be quite handy to be able to book a FP over at DCA before we leave Disneyland Park and by the time we get over there, it is time to ride something...

Does anybody have experience with having a one-day pass with MaxPass on it but noticing that they were still able to grab passes over at DCA, even though they didn't technically have admission for it? If not, do you suppose once we scan into DCA using our CM MEP ticket and add that into the app... maybe then MaxPass will be come available for DCA? I'm just not sure if the system would want us to have MaxPass bought twice for each ticket or if it just blankets your whole account for both parks for the day.

Any insight into this tricky question would be appreciated!!

So, question. I'll be buying a 3-Day, one park ticket with MaxPass to use over at Disneyland. Since I am a CM here in Canada, I'll be using my Main Entrance Pass to gain entrance to DCA (both to save a bit of change by not selecting the Park Hopper option and also had to do it this way as Disneyland Park is blocked out for us throughout August). As far as I understand, when we go into DCA using a MEP, we are given a standard one-day park ticket to scan into the app, etc. Anyway, with this... I'm basically attempting to do a Do-It-Yourself Park Hopper with a combo of the two types of admission.

So, based on the wording of what you've said above... do you not NEED a Park Hopper to be able to gain access to DCA's roster of attractions on MaxPass? If that's the case, that would be great to not have to pay another $15 each day we'd like to book attractions and head over to DCA. Would be quite handy to be able to book a FP over at DCA before we leave Disneyland Park and by the time we get over there, it is time to ride something...

Does anybody have experience with having a one-day pass with MaxPass on it but noticing that they were still able to grab passes over at DCA, even though they didn't technically have admission for it? If not, do you suppose once we scan into DCA using our CM MEP ticket and add that into the app... maybe then MaxPass will be come available for DCA? I'm just not sure if the system would want us to have MaxPass bought twice for each ticket or if it just blankets your whole account for both parks for the day.

Any insight into this tricky question would be appreciated!!

I am going to be straight forward that I don’t think what you have planned here is possible. They don’t allow people who buy 2 separate admissions of 1 park per day tickets to access the other park. What I mean is- I am pretty sure they only allow a single guests to hold one type of admission per day. I remember reading about it.

I am going to be straight forward that I don’t think what you have planned here is possible. They don’t allow people who buy 2 separate admissions of 1 park per day tickets to access the other park. What I mean is- I am pretty sure they only allow a single guests to hold one type of admission per day. I remember reading about it.

Hmm... interesting they'd have a restriction like that when they block out certain AP's and CM admissions for huge month chunks at a time. What are they supposed to do if they want to visit Disneyland Park proper, other than buy a regular park admission ticket??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter