*No longer relevant* (Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy)

Getting ready to buy tickets for tomorrow, there are 3 of us. If I buy all three tickets on my phone, how does my family use theirs to scan into the park and Maxpass? Do they need to download the app too? Or can we all scan from my phone/account?

Yes, they'll all show up on your account, so you'll be able to get fast passes (via MaxPass) for them. When you arrive at the Fastpass entrance, you can swipe from one fastpass to another on your phone.

I'm late to the MaxPass party, my apologies if this has already been discussed. We encountered Disney Magic yesterday (7/4) when many attractions were temporarily closed following the Searles earthquake. Our FP for Indiana Jones, booked via MaxPass, magically became a "wildcard fastness" good for any time and valid for most attractions. No action required on our part. I thought that was pretty cool!

Any chance the OP could consider adding a little SW:GE into the strategy mix now that the land is open to all? I'll need all the help I can get for my trip in December. Thanks!

Any chance the OP could consider adding a little SW:GE into the strategy mix now that the land is open to all? I'll need all the help I can get for my trip in December. Thanks!
Other than for PhotoPass, MaxPass doesn't offer anything, at present, to SW:GE. There are no FP offered, yet, at MFSR.

I do need to update a few things (like F! and WOC being available via the app now), but as mentioned by a PP, SWGE doesn’t have any FPs offered right now, and the rest of the FPs have been running out in their typical order since it opened.

I do need to update a few things (like F! and WOC being available via the app now), but as mentioned by a PP, SWGE doesn’t have any FPs offered right now, and the rest of the FPs have been running out in their typical order since it opened.
Sorry, I know there is no FP or even a Maxpass tie in for SW:GE, I was just thinking about strategies of what to do in the morning if SW:GE is a must do. Is it better to jump on the hard to get FP options first and then go into the land? Or stack while you are in the land? That's the sort of insight I was trying to get at. Thanks!

I'm late to the MaxPass party, my apologies if this has already been discussed. We encountered Disney Magic yesterday (7/4) when many attractions were temporarily closed following the Searles earthquake. Our FP for Indiana Jones, booked via MaxPass, magically became a "wildcard fastness" good for any time and valid for most attractions. No action required on our part. I thought that was pretty cool!
Our trip last month was our first ever DL trip, and our first day was Fantasyland and Toontown, with little to no FP available. (We were doing Tomorrowland that night, so we weren't going to be getting FP windows for the evening until much later (due to our crazy travel schedule, we were napping at our hotel from about 1 till 5). So, we were planning on using FP for Matterhorn and Roger Rabbit and Go Coaster for the kids. Matterhorn shut down during our FP time and we got the same thing. Then we saw it back up and grabbed a new Matterhorn FP. Then it shut down again right before us using it. We went up to Toontown and booked a third new Matterhorn FP. On our way back from Toontown, we used that to and still had 2 multi experience fp in our back pocket. So, when we got to Tomorrowland later I. The evening, we could still get what we wanted there, plus use those. In the end, we ended up with an extra FP that we just didn't even need.

So, if you know that you won't need a fp until later in the day, and your fp booking window isn't a dire concern, just start booking for rides that tend to shut down. If it stays open, you never really lost anything because you didn't need it anyway, but if it does shut down, then you score yourself a freebie to use if you get in a bind later!

So, if you know that you won't need a fp until later in the day, and your fp booking window isn't a dire concern, just start booking for rides that tend to shut down. If it stays open, you never really lost anything because you didn't need it anyway, but if it does shut down, then you score yourself a freebie to use if you get in a bind later!
This is what I do when I visit the parks and aren't super focused on rides. Indy is notorious for breaking down, so I will just book a fastpass for it, and it often switches to a Replacement Fastpass. It's weird when it doesn't break down lol.

I will say this, though. If you split your day between early morning and later night (while resting in the middle), yes, you can still book FP during the interim to use later. But, if you are sleeping, it's kind of counter productive to wake up several times to check FP windows. Would be nice if once you book your first, the app grants you FP credits for you to book later without a 90 minute buffer window. This would allow you to actually rest. For example, for each 90 minute (or even 2 hours) after you book your first FP, you are granted a fp credit. So, if you go 3-4 hours without booking one, you would now have 2 fp credits to use to book immediately (based on ride availability, of course). Sure, if all of the FP for Space or Indy or RSR or GotG are gone when you go to use these credits, then so be it, but just saying it would be nice.

This is what I do when I visit the parks and aren't super focused on rides. Indy is notorious for breaking down, so I will just book a fastpass for it, and it often switches to a Replacement Fastpass. It's weird when it doesn't break down lol.

I didn't knew that but two weeks ago it broke down while I was about to get in to the Jeep. After 20 minutes or so they brought the ride up again only to broke down just after we jumped in and the jeep moved a few meters. We did get a Replacement Fastpass 8-)

well, I guess it is just my personal bad luck with ride breakdowns and replacement FPs... last summer I had 5 or 6 breakdowns and just got an replacement (or however you wanna call it) once...
I cross my fingers that I‘ll have better luck on our next trip...

well, I guess it is just my personal bad luck with ride breakdowns and replacement FPs... last summer I had 5 or 6 breakdowns and just got an replacement (or however you wanna call it) once...
Sometimes you have to ask for the FPs replacements to a CM

On the app? It happens automatically.

Sometimes you have to ask for the FPs replacements to a CM
On the app? It happens automatically.

Yes on the app...and yes I know that it “should” happen automatically and the CMs I asked also said it would happen after a couple of minutes but like I said it worked just once out of 5 breakdowns, which was quite a bummer honestly...
At least I was able to „talk myself into buzz“ on one occasion: I had a screenshot and said the ride was down when I tried to use it and that I didn’t get a “replacement” FP of any sort... but that seemed more like pixie dust from the CM than a standard procedure...

Just to know what to expect for our next trip.l a few questions...

You get a “replacement FP” (I know the are acts called different) everytime when a ride breaks down doing your return time window...?

If you have already scanned your ticket for a ride and before you are able to board (e.g you are still waiting in the queue) the ride breaks down... do you get anything (like a replacement FP) or are you out of luck?
(I know you (usually) get a paper “replacement FP” when you are one the ride and get evacuated)

If I again encounter problems receiving those “replacement FPs” on our next trip what is the smartest thing to do...? where should I go to ask for help? City hall?

(I hope the reason might have been my “old” iPhone 6s and that everything works flawlessly next time with my new iPhone though...)

(I hope the reason might have been my “old” iPhone 6s and that everything works flawlessly next time with my new iPhone though...)
LOL. I've been telling myself the same thing many times over the past many week ... which, coincidentally, is right about the time I made the leap to a new DLR AP. I'd been quite happy with my 6S until this recent period.

LOL ... seems Disney is pushing us towards newer iPhones??

If you have already scanned your ticket for a ride and before you are able to board (e.g you are still waiting in the queue) the ride breaks down... do you get anything (like a replacement FP) or are you out of luck?
(I know you (usually) get a paper “replacement FP” when you are one the ride and get evacuated)

If I again encounter problems receiving those “replacement FPs” on our next trip what is the smartest thing to do...? where should I go to ask for help? City hall?

I experienced both cases recently on the same day, one at the ride and the other just before getting into the ride (Indiana Jones and Cars). I had scanned my FP for each ride. After they evacuated us I had to ask a CM at at the spot and explain that I've just used a FP and couldn't ride and then they scanned my tickets and gave me a FP replacement

On the subject of using the app in the parks - does anyone have any experience with using the app on an Oppo phone in the parks?

I am in the process of deciding which phone to buy. My Galaxy S8 worked really well in the parks last year. Have been leaning towards an Oppo for my new phone, but with my upcoming trip, I don't want to run the risk of it being glitchy while I'm there.

My family of 4 and my BIL's family of 4 will be visiting DL next Wednesday. I will recommend that we get MaxPass since we're only going for one day and I think the photo downloads will be worth it. I know I will put my family of 4's tickets in my app and control all FP for us. If they have their own account with their tickets how do we coordinate our FP to be at the same time? Do we just tell each other or is there a way to link our accounts but we each still can control it? We'll have a 4 adults, a preschooler, a 10 & 7 year old, and a baby so I can imagine that we won't always ride the same thing, but will stick together most of the day. Any advice?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter