no kids at wedding

As a religious professional let me say this: weddings are about family (and the larger community). All family members should be invited.

I just wanted to thank everyone again for your help.
All the information that was posted has helped my DF and myself.

Thank you :mickeyjum

We are getting married in 2008 and we dont want any kids either... My parents are ok with it we havent discussed it yet with my furture in laws.. but hopefully it wont be a problem... Good luck

I have no problems with going to an adult only wedding ( heck I enjoy the night out). My problem lies with an adult only family wedding or destination wedding. And that is a because of the childcare issue. I went to a wedding shower yesterday were my daughter wasnt invited. Hubby had to cancel his plans to watch her because I couldnt get a sitter because my mil was busy and my mother and sister were going to the shower. When we got there there were a bunch of kids. If I known other kids were going to be there I would have brought her.

She just turned 3 and she has been to at least 6 weddings, mainly family ones. She was invited to my best friends wedding but since I was the MOH I chose to leave her with my mil ( because my family was invited) because I knew I would be busy) but she did end up coming at the end of the reception. the only reason I would turn down an adult only reception is if I couldnt get a sitter.

That being said I had 25 kids (under 12) at my wedding. I had 2 5 year old as my flower girl and ringbearer. I had the RB brothers and a family friend's daughter bring up the gifts. I had 3 others pass out the programs. I had special favors for the kids that was a chinese take-out boxes filled with juice boxes, crackers, fruit snacks, small deck of cards,crayons, coloring books and small toys. The kids loved them and played with them for hours. I also had the dj plays some kids songs and they all got to "taste the cake" ( I small corner, that got thrown away). I cant imagine not having kids at my wedding but I have no problems with others not having them at theirs but they cant get upset if we cant go because of it especially a wedding miles away from home..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter