No it is not ok to Breast Feed ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, technically it is okay:

Be It Enacted by the Legislature of the State of Florida:
Section 1. The breastfeeding of a baby is an important and basic act of nurture which must be encouraged in the interests of maternal and child health and family values. A mother may breastfeed her baby in any location, public or private, where the mother is otherwise authorized to be, irrespective of whether or not the nipple of the mother’s breast is covered during or incidental to the breastfeeding.

Taken from: http://www.patlc.com/fl_law.htm

:thumbsup2

I don't think I could have said it better myself! This poster has it right - it isn't about YOU it's about a baby eating. If you don't like what's on the menu - LOOK AWAY!

Its also about our kids, not the mom being put out by sitting elsewhere or being discrete..

Hey, a baby needs to eat. If we can eat in public, why can't a baby have some dinner too? It's how things were meant to be.

:thumbsup2

I don't think I could have said it better myself! This poster has it right - it isn't about YOU it's about a baby eating. If you don't like what's on the menu - LOOK AWAY!

Exactly! :thumbsup2 Like Pigeon has stated, a baby's eating trumps anybody elses uncomfortable feelings of seeing it.

I'm not even going to comment on someone's rediculous postings. They are absurd.

For all those who say that it's "natural" for the mother to BF her baby (which I agree, no problem), and that it's OK if she is "exposed" when doing it...

Then don't say a single word if or when people (whether man, woman or child) stare at your "natural" act.

What's good for one, is good for the other. If you don't mind being seen, OK. If you don't want to be stared at, cover up more so you're not.

Hey, a baby needs to eat. If we can eat in public, why can't a baby have some dinner too? It's how things were meant to be.

Back to my previous question, would you bring your lunch into Turtle Talk? I don't think a family would bring a cooler and tablecloth and spread it out in the area in front where the kids sit and talk to Crush. Couldn't she have sat on one of the benches behind the kids and not have blocked the show? If someone was eating their meal there I would expect them to do it discreetly also.

Why is it the women who complain about this? Aren't we supposed to be supporting each other? Especially women who have children and breast feed/fed? I don't get it. She was probably trying to keep the baby quiet so you could enjoy Turtle Talk, eh?

It really stinks that women cannot support one another in feeding their babies. I breastfeed, and I am scared to death to do it anywhere NEAR anyone even with a blanket covering me. I hide in my car if I'm out in public and cover myself. I know just the thought of someone somewhere breast feeding their child infuriates some women, so I wouldn't want to do that.

I wish I had studied psychology so I could understand what this is all about.

To me there is a time and a place for everything. Perhaps I am misreading the OP, but it sounds like this woman was on the floor with the children. If that is the case, I think she chose an inappropriate spot. That's just common courtesy. If she was on the benches with the adults- then have at!

To me there is a time and a place for everything. Perhaps I am misreading the OP, but it sounds like this woman was on the floor with the children. If that is the case, I think she chose an inappropriate spot. That's just common courtesy. If she was on the benches with the adults- then have at!

Maybe the mother was concerned with her baby screaming during show and didn't feel she could move to a bench without disrupting everything. Maybe she also had small children and did not feel comfortable leaving them in front while she went off to find a free bench. Maybe she just assumed that noone would be watching her since it was during a show, who knows :confused3

Back to my previous question, would you bring your lunch into Turtle Talk? I don't think a family would bring a cooler and tablecloth and spread it out in the area in front where the kids sit and talk to Crush. Couldn't she have sat on one of the benches behind the kids and not have blocked the show? If someone was eating their meal there I would expect them to do it discreetly also.

I was in Turtle Talk a few days ago. There was a baby behind us wailing for about 80% of the show. It was so distracting and I would have LOVED for the mother to have shoved a **** in his mouth so I could hear the show.

Babies don't know when it's "appropriate" to eat. If they are hungry, they cry, you feed them. They aren't going to be quiet and wait just because you tell them mommy can't whip it out until the show's over. :rolleyes:

For all those who say that it's "natural" for the mother to BF her baby (which I agree, no problem), and that it's OK if she is "exposed" when doing it...

Then don't say a single word if or when people (whether man, woman or child) stare at your "natural" act.

What's good for one, is good for the other. If you don't mind being seen, OK. If you don't want to be stared at, cover up more so you're not.

You can look, you can stare all you want. Do not, however send dirty looks or loud comments. THAT is rude, not the mom feeding her baby. Look all you want, maybe you'll see it's no big deal. It's eating.

Maybe she just assumed that noone would be watching her since it was during a show, who knows :confused3

The children sitting on the floor in front are the show. The whole thing is Crush talking to these kids, so if you sit in the front, you are part of the show.

I was in Turtle Talk a few days ago. There was a baby behind us wailing for about 80% of the show. It was so distracting and I would have LOVED for the mother to have shoved a **** in his mouth so I could hear the show.

Babies don't know when it's "appropriate" to eat. If they are hungry, they cry, you feed them. They aren't going to be quiet and wait just because you tell them mommy can't whip it out until the show's over. :rolleyes:

If the baby is that distracting, it would have been polite for the mother to take the child into another room.

It is perfectly natural for a child to be nursing. That is what nature designed the breast for. It is other people's hang-ups if they regard the breast sexually and seeing a child nursing offends them.

popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

and could somebody please pass the margaritas. There hasn't been a good breast feeding blanket vs no blanket thread in a long time.

Vegas lays odds on 10 pages before it is locked.

Nursing is completly natural. HOWEVER exposing yourself is against the law. Urinating is natural. Why don't we just all do THAT whenever the mood strikes.

And I say 50 pages.

+
Hey, if they are put out there for all to see the mom better not complain...

I wont complain.. come look.. I bet your more uncomfortable than I am. ;)

I feed on demand.. I can't do the schedule thing.. honestly he eats most of the day and night.. he likes the **** what can I say... I dont know how much he gets each feeding and I sure as hell am NOT going to wait 3 hours to feed him again. Plus do you know what it does to your breasts if you wait too long? They turn into rocks..:scared: then you wind up drowning your baby when they do eat :rolleyes1

Simple courtesy.

It is your right to breastfeed. I'll be polite and not stare, you please be polite and be modest. I have ****s of my own so I'm not interested in yours but I might not want my young grandson to see them.

Modesty is NOT a bad word. Neither is politeness, on BOTH sides.

Penny

Penny

I breastfeed both of my kids and I think every woman and child has the right to feed their child the most superior milk as God intended a baby to have. Why should a woman have to hide and cover a baby in a hot blanket with no air in order to give them milk that is the only milk that is intended to be for a baby. God didn't create formula's to feed babies, a society who was uncomfortable with the beauty of a baby feeding from it's mother created this and tried to brainwash a generation that it was healthier for the babies when it wasn't. Thank goodness times have changed and more and more people are going back to how babies were meant to be fed.

If people would just teach children and themselves that it's a natural fact of life and beautiful, and to not gawk, then you wouldn't have a child who thought the lady was unaware. My children know what breastfeeding is and would not think twice about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter