No Interest in HHN

I don't think you are alone
There are peeps that enjoy the UO parks that don't participate in hhn.

It wasn't a crowded event when it started out but past 5 years it has started gaining more of an interest.

I'm a fan of the event but know quite a few that it is not their thing.

Of course you`re not alone!

Nothing wrong with not liking something......these boards have a lot of HHN threads and info this time of year as it is a HUGE event every year and has many fans.

Absolutely not alone! I don't like to be scared so it isn't for me. I enjoy seeing other people having fun, but I give it a pass.

Absolutely not alone! I don't like to be scared so it isn't for me. I enjoy seeing other people having fun, but I give it a pass.

lol......we need to work on you and get you to go one year...….you`d love it.....I promise...…. :rolleyes1

Definitely not alone. I have never been a fan of horror movies and I hate to be scared. It is something that I have never even considered attending. It is fun watching others enjoy it though!

I tried to be a fan, but I can't with all the smells around the park due to the effects, which is ironic since I almost never seem to smell anything.

I liked being in the scare zones and taking advantage of the low wait times for the rides that were open during HHN. I enjoyed the general atmosphere, as Halloween as my favorite holiday and the shows were fun.

However, the few times I went I would go to my first house, it would be all in good fun, but I'd feel sick by the time I'd get out. I decided not to go again last time, as it seemed so matter what I couldn't feel better and the aroma of the effects seemed everywhere.

add me to the list. the static displays are interesting enough to give a quick glance at during the day but I have zero desire to stick around. I do wish they weren't so in your face as you are walking around, but it is what it is if I want to go during my anniversary as we like to do.

Large hhn props are covered during the park day hours so the public does not see them
They are uncovered when the park closes at 5

Am I the only one who has no interest in HHN when I visit Universal? Don’t get me wrong. I don’t begrudge others their fun. I’m just not into horror or jump scares or creepy houses. I was just wondering if I’m alone in this.
I have a deep dislike of HHN. It’s so expensive, the lines are unbearable, and there’s little to do. I don’t mind being scared but I certainly don’t enjoy it enough to pay hundreds of dollars. Rather put that money towards Portofino!

I have a deep dislike of HHN. It’s so expensive, the lines are unbearable, and there’s little to do. I don’t mind being scared but I certainly don’t enjoy it enough to pay hundreds of dollars. Rather put that money towards Portofino!

What year did you visit that made you dislike it so intensely? I know some can be better than others for some folks.

The lines aren’t unbearable.....sure they can be long, but some houses can have short lines on specific nights. Many people manage without EP and still have an amazing time.

Or you can buy the EP. For us it is tremendous value......we can go 17 nights during our month long stay at RPR this September.......not so expensive when you look at it that way. The amount of entertainment value for us is fabulous!

As for little to do......well, I would disagree if you love HHN....the whole night is non stop fun for those that do enjoy it........of course you would think there was little to do.....if you don’t enjoy HHN!

Shame you didn’t enjoy your visit......

What year did you visit that made you dislike it so intensely? I know some can be better than others for some folks.

The lines aren’t unbearable.....sure they can be long, but some houses can have short lines on specific nights. Many people manage without EP and still have an amazing time.

Or you can buy the EP. For us it is tremendous value......we can go 17 nights during our month long stay at RPR this September.......not so expensive when you look at it that way. The amount of entertainment value for us is fabulous!

As for little to do......well, I would disagree if you love HHN....the whole night is non stop fun for those that do enjoy it........of course you would think there was little to do.....if you don’t enjoy HHN!

Shame you didn’t enjoy your visit......
I’ve been the past three years. Not gunna go again for HHN. You are right tho, three years ago was better than the past two years.

I’ve been the past three years. Not gunna go again for HHN. You are right tho, three years ago was better than the past two years.

Wow...you went three times despite hating it so much!!

That’s a shame but least you know it’s not for you.......but I would still disagree there’s not much to do for those that do love it......and wouldn’t put anyone off trying it.

There are all the houses, many of them.....scare zones......quite a few rides are open....all the food options and bars are open.........plenty to pass most folks night.

lol......we need to work on you and get you to go one year...….you`d love it.....I promise...…. :rolleyes1

LOL! Funny thing is - I worked as an actor in a haunted house when I was in high school, and I loved it! It was SO MUCH FUN scaring other people and getting paid for it :rotfl::rotfl:

LOL! Funny thing is - I worked as an actor in a haunted house when I was in high school, and I loved it! It was SO MUCH FUN scaring other people and getting paid for it :rotfl::rotfl:

Oh that sounds fabulous!!!! Getting paid was certainly a bonus for such fun......

I love being on the other side.....I love getting scared.....and the SA certainly recognise that in me...…:rotfl:

I worked in a community haunted house in jr high and high school for free, and it was a blast.

A few years ago, we looked at doing a Universal trip that just happened to be during HHN. We debated on attending HHN or not. Neither one of us watched scary movies - they don't really scare us as much as we're just not interested.

We decided to give it a shot and see what it was like but didn't expect to really like it.

We did one of the lights-on tours first, just so we had an idea what to expect and that really got us excited - I highly recommend anyone that is on the fence about it to do a lights-on tour first.

We ended up really enjoying it at the main event, too. We've since gone about every other year and have attended 3 or 4 times now. That said, I think we're getting a bit priced out of the event. We usually can only attend two nights (3 max) and those are always weekend nights. Unless we do the BOGO, it's expensive. We don't feel we get our monies worth.

If you can do more nights and avoid weekends, it's a bit easier to get value.

It's akin to trying to add 2 Disney days while doing a Uni trip - it's so expensive that it's hard to justify.

Not complaining, I get it. The HHN nights are jammed even at those prices. I'd like it to be more affordable, but there's no way they can lower the prices without the events getting even more packed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter