NO COMMANDO?? . . . .ARGHH! Can I do this?

I will be at AKL the same time you are at POP. You are SOOOO much more prepared than I am!! I am in awe. :worship: :worship: :worship:

I LOVE the picture of you shoes!! I have all of my shoes picked out too. Dh busted me about to take a pic of them, and I didn't take it. Maybe I'll show him your post....hmmm.

ONE WEEK TO GOOO!!

(are YOU packed yet?)

Super, Daesept, I will probably pass you in the parks. I definitely want to tour around AKL shile we are there. Actually I got side-tracked and am 500 miles from home visiting with my DS, so the packing still awaits. I do have the suitcases out and a lot of things stacked in the spare bedroom just waiting! :laughing: My DH doesn't understand my whole DIS addiction, and would totally think I was nuts if he saw the pics! :rolleyes1 Oh, well, I still have to condense and print out a lot of tips from the DIS, print each days plan and ADR's on small cards and laminate them to take to the parks, print my Unofficial Guide planning sheets, and finalize my ultimate packing list. :thumbsup2 Oh yeah, and go for my hair appointment to get my color and cut. :cool1: ONE MORE WEEK!! :dance3:

Excellent pre-trip report. I love the pics of years' past and the pics of things you are bringing. I still need to get to that part on my pre-trippie!! Guess I better get going on that....

you people are so danerous. I would have never spent nearly this much money were it not for these boards

Gotta mark my spot! I'll be back soon to read the rest of your pre-trippie :)

you people are so danerous. I would have never spent nearly this much money were it not for these boards

Gotta mark my spot! I'll be back soon to read the rest of your pre-trippie :)

Welcome both of you. :welcome: I'll be back later to post a little more, but I just got home from 21 hours of driving in 6 days, and I have to pull my wits together first!! :rotfl2: (IF that's possible!)

I had promised some more 30 year old pictures, and finally got around to scanning them. (It's no problem really, considering how young I look in these! It's nice to be reminded. :rotfl: )

Here is a little trip down memory lane.
First, walking down Main Street toward the castle. Next, Captain Hook took me by surprise!

mainstreetsmall.jpg
MeandHooksmall.jpg

Here's a view of Space Mountain. The Wedway People Mover is nearby.

spacemtnsmall.jpg
wedwaysmall.jpg

Downtown Disney (Disney Village at the time) looked very different.

downtowndisney.jpg

But Cinderella's Castle is timeless!

castlesmall.jpg

I have been busy updating my packing lists. Today I start packing in earnest! 3 MORE DAYS!! :dance3: :dance3:

If anyone needs great designs for Mousekeeping envelopes, there is a super thread here. I have printed my touring plans, my crowd calendars, my packing lists, and now I am about to print my envelopes and a few fun sheets for the DGS and DGD. I went back to Wal-mart today and I HOPE I am through shopping. I just picked up contact paper to cover everything and a blow-up plastic bath pillow to sit on for parades, plus a few snacks. Everything else was stock-up groceries for my Mom. My college age granddaughter is staying with her at night while we're gone, but I wanted to make sure they both had plenty to eat! :rotfl2: She is 94, so doesn't get around too well any more, but is still mentally sharp. Just two and a half days left now!!!! :cheer2: :dance3: :cheer2:

I'm so excited for you just 2 more days! And yes I think everyone on the boards should were a LGMH at all times so we know each other outside of the park! Have fun while the rest of us are sweatin' it out here in the swamp:rotfl:

Enjoyed the old pics of MK, WOW! Just think you'll be walking down those streets in TWO DAYS!!!! YEAH:cheer2: :yay: :banana:
So happy for you!!!!
Lesley

Only 2 more days!! How exciting!! :) Thanks for the sharing the old pics - that was fun to see!

Okay, just talked to DD and we are both kind of freaking out - not quite as far along on finishing preparations as we would like to be. We both just checked in and printed our boarding passes for tomorrow morning's flights, though. :thumbsup2 I stayed up rather late last night printing out a bunch of stuff - menus from the restaurants, snack possibilities on the dining plan, important information for reference, touring plans, etc. (Also paying bills, etc.) I am waiting until this afternoon to print the final itineraries though. I have almost everything washed and waiting on the spare bed to be packed. I have a haircut and color appointment in an hour, and will pick up the last few odds and ends while out then come home and finish.:cool1: :cool1: EEK, I'm incredibly excited and rather stressed all at once!!! :scared1: DH and I moved, edged, and "weed-ate" the yard yesterday morning just before it rained, then he left to go down to the lake to mow the yard at the camp. :cool2: So he is relaxing now while I run around like a chicken with my head cut off! (Actually that's better - he'd just get in my way right now!) :rolleyes1 Okay, I am out of here for now. ONE MORE DAY!!:banana: :banana: :dance3: :dance3: :banana: :banana:

EEK, I'm incredibly excited and rather stressed all at once!!! :scared1: QUOTE]

:scared1: Me too!!!! I know exactly how you're feeling. Somehow it doesn't feel quite real yet. Probably because I haven't finished packing.

Maybe I'll see you around Pop. It looks like the weather is going to be nice.

Thanks to everyone!! :hug: I have made the last shopping trip, :woohoo: printed the last itinerary,:surfweb: and washed the last load of clothes,:laundy: so all that remains is to load it all into the suitcases and try to sleep a little before 4:30 am. :woohoo: I'll probably be too excited to sleep much!! :rolleyes1 We have an hour's to New Orleans to catch the plane so have to get an early start. I'll be on the watch for other Fockers and LGMH's and I'll take lots of pictures to share when I return. :goodvibes Thanks for the good wishes - I'll talk to you when I get back and let you know how the plans worked! :wizard: Looks like rain/tstorms on Sunday but nice weather the rest of the time. :banana: :banana:

Have a magical trip!! I can't wait to hear all about it :) :) :)

Wow, it was WONDERFUL!! :cool1: And I am really tired and just trying to unpack, wash clothes, :laundy: and catch up. So I will start the trip report tomorrow, and try to start downloading several memory cards of pictures! Happy Mother's Day everyone! :love:

Welcome home and happy mother's day! Looking forward to pics and a full report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter