No Beans Chili

Kirby

DIS Veteran
I'm hosting a game night with friends in January and am looking for a chili recipe with no beans. I have one we like with beans but some of the attendees do not like beans in their chili. I did a search on this thread and there's too many posts to go through since "chili" also brings in recipes with chili powder.

Sure, I can find one on line somewhere but I would like a recommendation, one that someone here has made and declares good. I could also just open a can of Wolf Brand Chili but I would rather not.

So, what is your favorite no bean chili recipe?

Wick Fowler’s 3 alarm chili mix. You can also tone it down to false alarm. Beans are optional - and not usually used in Texas chili. Wick Fowler won some of the original chili cook off championships

If you can’t find the mix - although it is now available across the USA- there are copycat recipes via the internet.

Just realized that this is a zombie post.

Have made this for camping trips and at home "Stupor Bowl Sunday" get-togethers (freezes beautifully):

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/true-texas-chili-355049

There are 3 got to have ingredients to my way of thinking:

Dried chili peppers from a reputable source; I get mine from the Spice House online.
Lard or beef suet. I stay away from the Crisco version and visit my local butcher, who supplies the lard pre-made or just the raw ingredients to make myself.
Masa harina.
Sometimes I cut back on the brown sugar to half...really depends on how strong the vinegar is that I'm using.

I'll admit that when I canna find queso fresco I just use sour cream for my gringa friends;).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts