No availability with new discounts released-anyone else?

They've apparently happened on a couple of occasions this year according to reports from DISers.
Yes, this is a new thing but not brand new. I think it has been going on for 1-2 years now? Rates used to be lock in at release date, not so any more. Release a discount, raise the rack rate right before.

It's a joke. You can barely even get on their website, i think they released such a small amount of availibility to have the appearance of offering deals. I think the DIS said it best on their show yesterday "smoke in mirrors". I have a reservation for first week of December I booked last month at rack rate. Not happy with having to pay rack rate, and not 100% sure now that we will go. With all the prices increases, fees added on, etc I'm getting really annoyed with Disney. Last month bought our new APs at Sams to save money after they hiked the AP price unexpectedly . We won't activate until our next trip since we live in Ohio- (we would get 2 trips out of one pass). Today i'm beginning to really regret that purchase, because I think it's time to plan a trip to the beach and the smoky mountains. We really enjoyed Dollywood last time we went...
May I ask what you spent for your APs at Sams? Not sure if they have those here in Alabama?

Sam’s stopped selling the discounted APs around July 2. They were sold via the Travel section of the website.
Thanks, my luck. I do see they have regular tickets. Are they discounted as well? I am kinda disappointed in AAA prices and they only sell the "anytime" ones.

I feel very fortunate that I was able to revise my reservation last Tuesday morning using the change button. We are staying in a Garden View room at the YC for five nights in mid November. I was able to change the rate from $469 per night to $384. We are saving $425. This was all done on line.

I feel very fortunate that I was able to revise my reservation last Tuesday morning using the change button. We are staying in a Garden View room at the YC for five nights in mid November. I was able to change the rate from $469 per night to $384. We are saving $425. This was all done on line.

I feel the same way. Last Tuesday I was able to change our CSR Tower Standard Club level room and saved about $325. Every little bit helps. But I tried and tried changing my reservation ALL day until it worked. I was just lucky to be home from work that day. Even so I am scratching my head as to why now every resort is showing no availability for the room only discount. I really thought it was just a website glitch but now I'm not so sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter