Nine weeks later...we just need a REDO! A January 2013 PTR

OK so after my last post things got ugly. That happens with tired kids. DH and I took a vote and decided it was best to take a rest at our resort for a while with a plan to return later. What happened? Ill update very soon!

Enjoying all your updates.
As for the weather. The same thing happened to us in 2008, we only brought capris and jeans and had to make a trip to Walmart for shorts, we were roasting. lol.
Enjoy that lovely weather, it's FREEZING up here...

Glad we aren't the only ones! It's supposed to be 78 I think for the next two days...which originally I think had a high of 74 or maybe less when I packed for the trip! Of course! :rotfl: We ran to Walmart and bought one pair of shorts for each child...but none for ourselves. I think DH will be roasting tomorrow but we'll see.

Ok another LIVE update from me. Don't you feel special? :rotfl:

So we returned to our room from a day at Hollywood Studios and a few hours or less at EPCOT. DH and I decided we'd head to the resort, get the kids (and the adults) some rest and have dinner there on the cheap. Then if we were up for it later in the evening we could return to EPCOT for a few things since our Test Track fastpasses were good between 7:45pm and 8:45pm.

We stopped in the room, dropped off the kids and in-laws, then I placed an order at Flippers for pizza and salads. We had just enough time until our order was ready for a quick Walmart run for some shorts for the kids and some drinks.

Back at Flippers around 6:15pm and guess what? No pizza! Apparently the online orders don't always go thru according to the guy there but he can rush an order through for me...yippee! So I place the order and probably 20 minutes later it's ready! We aren't far away at SSR but DH has already mentioned he's made a decision to bag returning to the park. I know this will send at least one kid into a spiral so since it's still somewhat warmish (around 75) I figure we'll offer pool time as a park replacement.

So we enjoy yummy pizza and salad and at 7pm kids are in suits and ready for the pool. It's still 75 but the temps start dropping fast.

They got a good hour at the pool before MOM (me) was getting chilly and decided we better call it a night. Now back in the room for the evening.

Plans for tomorrow...they have changed. Originally I had MK all day. Now the plan is EPCOT for the morning to be sure we get in Test Track and Soarin'. Anything else is a bonus. I have an ADR at MK for The Plaza for dinner but we'll see what happens. I may have to research others since that ADR is pretty early.

So we missed our Rose and Crown ADR so I'll see maybe if we can do something there tomorrow. Don't know yet. MK is open until 11pm so maybe our best bet is another park and then rest day and MAYBE try to his MK for a few hours in the evening. That means Monday will be our MK morning where I am still hoping to get in Belle's Storytime if we can get there early enough.

I'll try to do updates as I can tomorrow.

Good morning from SSR. We are up and getting ready for our day before 7am so I expect another rope drop at EPCOT won't be an issue.

I continue to fight off some irritating cough that I think today will require advil as it feels like a sore throat is imminent. So after spending Thur and Fri popping zycam like candy, switched to cough drops yesterday since this cough just hits suddenly and then it is nonstop to the point where it begins to affect my gag reflex. I almost vomited yesterday at Animation at HS when it struck me. However I was fine during the entire drawing class.

Anyway EPCOT plan is rope drop and Soarin and TEst Track first thing. Beyond that, probably Mission Space and Living Seas then lunch in Worked Showcase. If we can tolerate it we will stay and then head to MK. We are considering dinner off property and then to MK. If weather is warm as expected maybe we will have to make some pool time for kids again.

Will update as I can...

Bummer that you had to swtich plans - but it sounds like it worked out.

I hope you are able to get to everything today that you didn't get to yesterday.

And that darned cough better go away!!!

D~

Sounds like you are using your Dis-sense. Sometimes the best laid plans just don't work out in the real world. For family harmony, you've got to be willing to change plans on the fly. Hope you are having a wonderful day!

DMGeurts said:
Bummer that you had to swtich plans - but it sounds like it worked out.

I hope you are able to get to everything today that you didn't get to yesterday.

And that darned cough better go away!!!

D~

We are working on it. A few more things here then back to the room.

Absolutely beautiful here..wish we could stay longer.

indimom said:
Sounds like you are using your Dis-sense. Sometimes the best laid plans just don't work out in the real world. For family harmony, you've got to be willing to change plans on the fly. Hope you are having a wonderful day!

Very very true. The advantage of coming here often is we know what to do when things need to change. We don't have to do it ALL and still haven't in as.many trips as we've been here.

OK so another perfect weather day here in FLA. Wish I could bottle it up and take it home. We have hit all the big attractions and are in line for Mission: Space now while our bellies are full from chips and dips and drinks at La Cava de Tequila. We had a nice lunch at Marrakesh and have had our share or snacks too. After this we plan to do Sum of all Thrills and head out. Maybe another pool night. Maybe mini golf. Maybe sleep. Who knows?

If I am awake long enough later you will see another update.

OK it's Almost 8pm and I am in our room. We managed EPCOT until about 6pm, riding Mission:Space and Sum of all Thrills last. Just when I thought I wax done with potty accidents with kids, my 8yo (who BTW is NOTORIOUS for waiting until the last minute in line to proclaim a bathroom emergency) waits until his coaster is built in SofAT to have an accident. At least it wasn't on the ride! So my other kids ride and I rush into Mouse gear and find some sweatpants for an emergency change.

Back in our room close to 6pm and I tell the kids to put on suits... and we head to the pool. The slide here closes at 7pm so they missed out on it last night. They got about 30 mins in on it tonight.

We just ordered food from Flippers again. I enjoyed their caesar salad last night and others are getting subs and wings. I can tell the other adults are done but me and kids not so much. DH had told me I can go to MK without him...and we might. Our bldg is right in front of a bus stop...would be easy. We will see how I feel after dinner. I am not even that hungry.

Good morning from MK. We are awaiting the opening show having arrived at the park close to 8:00am. We did not end up going out last night but I plan to make it a full day today.

It is already above 70 degrees this morning...wow. Thank goodness we hit Walmart for shorts for the kids. I will suffer in pants today. ;)

Have some must dos myself here which don't coincide with the kids who would simply ride BTMRR and SM all day.

Hope everybody has a great day!

Have fun today! Hope you get some of your must dos in too!

D~

OK quick post on today our last day here. We were at MK until about 4pm or so. Fun stuff to mention: were caught the trolley down Main St to the castle...very cool. We did Enchanted Tales with Belle...cute but not worth a repeat for us and my DD was in the show. We rode the Riverboat for the first time ever. I had a Mickey Bar thankfully but no popcorn all trip. We saw Country Bears for the first time in forever. We rode a broken Dumbo. We played Sorcerers of the MK. We visited Downtown Disney and I got a gift...I think? We played Fantasia Gardens mini golf.

That was the last day in a nutshell. Lots of details and photos later. I think this trip was just long enough honestly. My dogs are barking!! We probably ran the old people into the ground too. I warned everybody beforehand this was gonna be a harsh one. Even I have to admit being off my feet all day tomorrow is gonna be nice!

May not hear from.me again until Wed as we have the long drive home tomorrow.

Left FLA this morning around 7am. We have made a few stops including a stop at South of the Border...where DH insisted on washing his car. Not kidding. We did make a nice long stop for dinner at Applebees. We are about 2.5 hours from home and should get in close to 10pm. It has been a great trip a.d drive wasn't bad. I covered the drive through NC and SC this afternoon...about 5.5 hours. Phone is about to give out and don't have charger access due.to DVD player going. Might do a quick update tomorrow of MAYBE start my TR with photos. We shall see.

Sounds like a fabulous, but exhausting trip, can't wait to hear all the details! Hint Hint... ;) ::yes::

Greetings from the comfort of my couch at home IN Maryland! :rotfl: I'm at home waiting for a fireplace repair company. Funny how when we left Maryland it was a snowy and cold morning...and today the outside temps are 68 degrees! At least our Florida adjustment wasn't too bad! :rotfl2: So am happy to get the fireplace fixed right now...as it is expected temps will drop back into the 30s in the next day or so I believe!

We got in around 10pm last night as expected. It would have been earlier if we had not had a leisurely dinner at Applebee's in Virginia, but that's okay as it was a good meal and a nice break. We split our drive back between 3 adults. DH took first shift from 7am until about noon when we stopped for gas and lunch. I took the noon to 5:45pm shift of so, when we broke for dinner and gas. My FIL drove from about 7pm until 10pm. So it wasn't bad at all. :)

Our doggie was thrilled to see us and ready to hop in the car last night. She was staying at the home of my MIL and FIL where my SIL and nephew also currently live. SIL just put her dog of about 8 years down due to cancer on Jan. 2nd, so our dog filled a void there for her and my nephew and also our doggie Jazz has a MEAN sounded bark...though she'd never hurt anybody! She loves EVERYONE! :)

My SIL posted constant photos and updates from home to FB and I would say right now she has more photos of our dog on FB than we do. Here are just a few:

jazzfb1a_zpsb6e03ede.jpg

With my nephew

jazzfb1b_zpsb48afb53.jpg

With my SIL

jazzfb1c_zps1a2af34b.jpg

Relaxing on the couch (BTW she is not allowed on OUR couches!)

jazzfb1_zps933a405b.jpg

In bed again

And then a photo of our new kitten Sox when my SIL visited our house to feed my son's goldfish:
Soxfb1_zps188debc9.jpg

So the cats are happy to have their humans back at home. Little Sox has been at my side and purring away and our older kitty Maverick is happy as well. Now to wean them back off the all-you-can-eat buffet plan. I just use a feeder for their dry catfood while we are away, but now I have to get back to regulating their feeding as Maverick has some weight to lose.

Now I'm working on getting my photos uploaded now so I can share them here. I haven't even gone through them myself yet. Hoping to at least start my trip report here soon!
:thumbsup2

Congrats on the 68 degrees! We came home this month from usual highs in Florida to unusual lows at home, which is not fun. You must run your life better. ;)

Your SIL took some adorable pics of your pets! :thumbsup2

So was washing the car at South of the Border, on your hubby's bucket list? :rotfl2:

So glad you made it home safely! It sounds like you had a good trip! I wish we lived close enough to drive. :)

Looks like your puppy had a great vacation too. LOL I loved all of the pictures!

WELCOME HOME!!!

D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter