Nifty Fifty: The Great return of the Sauciers! - April 2022 TR

This room gets me everytime!!! I love how you walk in and everyone get so quiet! It is amazing
I was in awe when we walked in! I didn’t notice any other details in that room, I was too wrapped up with the storm troopers. I’ll have to look around more next time!
And we managed to scan in at 9:14! 1 minute to spare!
Phew! I was holding my breath wondering if you would make it! Perfect timing.
We lucked out with a table, able to grab the baby bell table as someone was leaving.
You always get the best tables!

This was our cheat sheet for the day. We basically had 2 goals, get on Rise of Resistance AND ride Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway as it was new to us still!
I still haven't done MMRR!
Everything was moving great… They had this extended area open, but it was basically continually moving. But thenl we stopped and we noticed no new people behind us. I knew that wasn't a good sign.

At 7:25 already were announcing the ride was having delays. We had gotten to the outside switch back area. But we kept inching forward little by little. We joked that everytime there was an announcement we actually started to move forward.

We decided to wait it out. It was a little after 7:30, and we could have gotten out of line to so other things but we had other says as well.

Announcements at some point changed from delay to canceled. But we had inched closer and closer and gotten to the Space Back Side of Water.
So stressful!
This room gets me everytime!!! I love how you walk in and everyone get so quiet! It is amazing!
It's pretty amazing...we loved all the details!
I made a mobile order for Woody’s Lunchbox, once I knew we were going to make it on Rise, as we were getting hungry! But I ordered them as we were getting into the room with BB8 and wasn't completely paying attention to what I was doing and I .order totchos not the breakfast ones :( Which Morgan and I had been looking forward to. But I didn't realize it until we pick up our order. I didn't even know you could order the regular chili one in the AM. Boo. But I placed the order from 9:35 -10:05. As the time was inching farther and father out!
Those totchos look delicious!
Like I said earlier, these were the chili ones, so I was a little disapointed. But they were still good. Just not what I wanted.
What are the breakfast totchos like?

Oh my gosh, your wait was stressful for arise. I’m glad you stuck it out!
I love being close to the pilot dude on the transport ship!
I’m glad you enjoyed the MMRR it really is cute!
We had the breakfast tots, (well I did) for the first time and I really enjoyed these. I got the kids breakfast meal and it was perfect!
Andi loves the “pop tart” treats there.
I need to try the “adult lemonade” one of these times!

Oh, I just love this! :) Disney Magic at it's best!!
Right?!? And the hardest to explain to people why you love Disney so much.

I was in awe when we walked in! I didn’t notice any other details in that room, I was too wrapped up with the storm troopers. I’ll have to look around more next time!
That room is the star of the ride!

So stressful!
We joked that the wait is Part of the Expierence. You are so happy to finally get on that it hightens the ride.

What are the breakfast totchos like?
So, they have "red eye" Gravy. It's a white gravy with breakfast sausage pieces and cheese. So good!

Oh my gosh, your wait was stressful for arise. I’m glad you stuck it out!
It is always stressful trying to decide to wait it out or not! It worked out, but if the ride was up and running I wonder how fast it would ahve been for us. We def didn't get as much done this morning as I wanted but it was fine.

Hi Everyone!!! Sorry I have been MIA. There has been a lot of family stuff going on. But I am hoping to get back into a rythmn! Hopefully with a post today!

I was glad when the masks was gone at Disney for sure! Getting on the bus after a hot day was rough!

So, they were little boxes with pictures on them. I think they were the prizes they were giving out for the Flower and Garden Bee Hunt. They are the size of a sandwich.
Untitled

Well, at least we are in company!

I mean if you want!! The girls would put it to good use, for sure! I will DM you!

Ha! Coming up shortly (hopefully)

Thanks for following along!!! I am slightly annoyed. It seems like Southwest just doesn't have any direct flights anymore from Philly to Orlando! Who do you usually fly?

Thanks!!!

Welcome back. I am sorely behind on reading other trip reports! And my own, I just seem to have less time in the day. Not sure how?
I go often we have DVC so I'm usually flying frontier out of Philly or once in a blue moon spirit out of AC since we live in Cape May. If frontier is $50 rt I'm usually picking frontier first. We are actually going back down on Friday but driving since we are going for 3 weeks.

Happy to read your HS day is going well!!
Thanks!

I go often we have DVC so I'm usually flying frontier out of Philly or once in a blue moon spirit out of AC since we live in Cape May. If frontier is $50 rt I'm usually picking frontier first. We are actually going back down on Friday but driving since we are going for 3 weeks.
We had some bad luck with Frontier! We talked about doing Spirit out of Atlantic City but we are in Voorhees, so we are so close to Philly it seems silly. It would have to be pretty cheep. But I might look now that Southwest is being meh.

Lucky you for going for 3 weeks!!!! Enjoy!

So glad you made it to your LL for MMRR. I would have been sweating that the whole time!
I really was too, but tried to play it cool. Ha!

Seems like DHS was off to a great start! Just a heads up for future trips genie plus/lightning lanes have the same grace periods fastpasses used to have 5 minutes early/up to 15 minutes late. We used those grace periods a couple times in april! lol

You were stressing me out on the Rise wait. I'm really glad it all worked out.

DHS is the one park I always get turned around in from the very first visit to the last.

We all think MMRR is really cute and I notice something different with every ride.

I love RISE but it's so darn inconsistent in running smoothly. I really hope they can identify and address whatever it is that makes it go down so often. I just saw someone else talking about the grown-up lemonade the other day & they declared it the best drink in DHS. I need to try it! I also love totchos, but rarely order from there b/c the seating & shade is just so limited. Maybe it will ease up when the BBQ restaurant opens.

Just a heads up for future trips genie plus/lightning lanes have the same grace periods fastpasses used to have 5 minutes early/up to 15 minutes late. We used those grace periods a couple times in april! lo
I know this but my family doesn't 100% believe me on this. And they def don't want to test it out. But it's moments like that I get annoyed. They know I follow all the people and read all the boards and they still don't believe me!

Glad you made all the headliners before breakfast! Sounds like your meal was tasty even if not what you meant to order.
It's funny how looking at it now, we did a good job at getting stuff done but at the time I felt like we wasted a lot of time this morning.

You were stressing me out on the Rise wait. I'm really glad it all worked out.
ha! I think I am used to every time we get on Rise, it's stressful!

DHS is the one park I always get turned around in from the very first visit to the last.
Andy says this too! every trip

I love RISE but it's so darn inconsistent in running smoothly
It's so true!!! I really wonder if they ever will.

I just saw someone else talking about the grown-up lemonade the other day & they declared it the best drink in DHS. I need to try it!
Not my absolute favorite but def up there on my list!

Last edited:
Happy Tuesday Everyone!!!

I have a side story for you all. My girlfriend went to Disney last month with her family and she had a story that I just have to share! I found it fascinating to hear, I assume some of you here will as well. If not, feel free to skip to my next post, which I am going to try and do tonight!

The 4th and last day that they were there, they went to Animal Kingdom. They rope dropped and did Flight of Passage and then Navi River Journey. Grabbed some breakfast at Starbucks and then headed to the Safari.

While on the Safari, my girlfriend started to feel light headed. And before she knew it, she had passed out! Her daughter who is 19 freaked out (obviously). And was yelling that they had a medical emergency. Which I just have to wonder what the other passengers were thinking. They were in the back of the Safari truck, so people were relay info back and forth to the driver. And the driver started relaying info dispatch AND still giving the tour "talk"! She said that they had to just keep going. And people kept giving the driver updates and the driver kept updating dispatch AND the tour!!!

She woke up shortly after, (she has a history of passing out, so not completely unusual) And they just kept driving along on the tour. But once they got to the end where you get off. There was an entourage of people waiting for them. They let everyone else off the truck and then the paramedics checked her out on the off load area there.

She said they did all kinds of tests and did them all right there. Which meant that the whole ride was basically shut down while they checked her out! She said that her son was watching the wait times just go up and up during the whole saga. She said she single handed made the wait time go from 30 minutes to 90 minutes!!! ooops!

Once they determined all was fine, they gave her a wheel chair and they headed out of the area. Her husband and her went back to the hotel to rest while the kids still did some stuff. She is fine, she thinks it was the dizzyness of FOP and the bumpyness of the safari just did her in.

She also said once things started to settle down, she said "But I didn't get to see the Lions"

I always wondered how they would evacuate you on the Safari, and I guess they try not if possible!

So, there is my side story for you all! I am going to try and get another post in tonight! So, keep an eye out for that as well!

Day Two: Continuing the fun in Hollywood Studios

After we ate we headed to Millenium Falcon to ride.
IMG_1439
It was about 10 after 10 and had a posted a 55 minute wait. Got in line at 10:12 and riding at 10:29. So, not too bad.

IMG_1439
When we got to this room, it was empty! It was so strange, they basically were bringing you right to your staging line, so no real chance to get your photo here. I hope if you ask they would let you get a picture. I know that was a highlight for Andy the first time we went.

Once we scanned in, we grabbed a LL for Star Tours, since it was soon. We knew we wanted to go back to the hotel and rest today. So, it was more about what was timewise soon.

Morgan and Gwen drove while Andy and I were Gunners. It was the first time Gwen got to send us to light speed. IMG_1439
She was super excited to jump to lightspeed.

IMG_1439

IMG_1439

IMG_1439
The girls did pretty good. 8,246 out of 13,000.

After our ride, we tried to get photo on the landing just outside of the ride but the photo pass guy was getting a couples life history so we bailed. He was literally taking so long almost everyone got out of line. We thought the people in front of us were just being impatient and then we got to the front of the line and realized why everyone was getting out of line. There may have been a teenager complaining about it being too hot or something... And a Dad being annoyed that the teen ager was complaining...

ANYWAY... So, we moved on and instead we went into the market place.

Gwen wanted the Outpost Popcorn Mix from Kat Saka's Kettle. Molly on AllEars loves it and always eats in straight from the bag. And Gwen has been dying to do just that.
IMG_1439

IMG_1439
Dreams were made!

Next up was something for Miss Morgan. Morgan wanted To find Sabac cards. So we went and looked for those in the marketplace. We found them in the toy store in the Marketplace. If you don't know, Sabac is the card game that Hondo looses the Milienium Falcon to Han Solo. And I think they play it now on the Star Cruiser. Gwen got the baby yoda rag doll, when we were there as well.

IMG_1439

Next we popped into Dok Ondars. There was a line to get in to buy light sabers. Otherwise no line. So, ask if you see a line in front of the store.
IMG_1439
We didn't stay long though, everything in the store was same stuff as 2 years ago.

I wanted to get a Ronto Wrap, and even though we were starving yet. I said we should just get one so we weren’t back tracking. So, at 11-ish I got in line for one.

Andy, Gwen and I shared the Ronto Wrap.
IMG_1439
Ronto Wrap
Roasted Pork, Grilled Pork Sausage, Peppercorn Sauce, and Tangy Slaw wrapped in Pita Bread
It was good but needed more dressing. But still good. (I kind of like my version that I started making at home.) But I also wonder if it just wasn't as good just because we weren't that hungry yet.

I also ordered my Surly Sarlacc
Ketel One Botanical Grapefruit and Rose Vodka, Minute Maid© Limeade, Raspberry, Spicy Mango Flavors
I always love this! It has a slight sour taste to it which I like. And now I want to try and make this at home now... Not sure how I would make the spice mango flavors.

IMG_1439
Andoan Fruit with Muja Sauce
Sticks of Jicama, Cucumber, Pineapple, Melon and Dragon Fruit doused in a Tamarind Sauce and dusted with Peppercorn Ash
I liked these! But the girls did not. The Tamarind Sauce was def strong but sweet. It was fun as it was def different.

We were able to grab a table in that area after someone got up but we only have 3 stools. So, I shared with Gwen. Even though she was mad that she had to share. Oye!
IMG_1439

Morgan was already asking to go back to the hotel and rest. But the rest of us still wanted to do Star Tours. But Star Tours wasn't till 11:45. So, we convinced Morgan to keep trucking along.

We convinced her to keep going by deciding on heading to Muppet 3D vision next. That way we could sit in air conditioning...

IMG_0809
Gwen wanted to find the key under the mat, so we did that on the way in! (another All Ears item)

IMG_0809

We got into the waiting room and it was Packed!!!! And this might have been one of the first times we heard the dreaded 'Please fill in all available space' I HATE this! Covid or no Covid! We don't need to so close we can see peoples sweat! Yuck!

IMG_0809
ANYWAY... The details in that room are great. I could just go in that room and leave.

We ended up with seats in the back. Which was fine. But it was a full room. And I don't think we had ever seen that.
IMG_0809 by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr
I have to think part of that is Genie + directing people there? Or maybe just because there isn't enough to do in Hollywood Studios? At any rate, we like Muppets! It's fun. Not something I would say you HAVE to do but we still like it.

IMG_0809
I think I saw this on the way in or the way out, but I loved it!

After that, we headed to Star Tours to use our LL!
IMG_0809 by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr
It was only a posted 30 minute wait, but with LL we were on the ride in 5 mintues.

IMG_0809

IMG_0809

IMG_0809
Everytime we get sat at the back, I always grab this photo. I am always amazed that the ceiling looks like an airplane!

Gwen thought she was the rebel spy but pretty sure it was someone else. But we couldn't convince her otherwise. We had all new Star Wars movies and Lando and I kind of miss the old movies in there. I am sure it is just luck but I feel like we always get the new movies.

We checked out dump store. Gwen wanted a big footie porge
IMG_0809

And Morgan got the tack doeian doll. It's Toy doll from cartoon series Rebels and honestly kind of obscure to have a doll made for it. So, Morgan said she "had" to get it.
Untitled
It's meant to basically be a space ragdoll.

With purchases made, we started to head out. But not without a few stops on the way to the exit.

Gwen hit the bathroom again.

And then we got a family photo in front of Gertie with our Gravity Falls shirts on. We ssked a random lady to take the photo. Photo came out better than some of the photopass photos.
Untitled

We also, stopped in the Star Wars & Marvel store. Morgan found plush she wanted but waited to purchase since she already got 2 things.
IMG_0839
It's from the Marvel movie Eternals, and some sort of butt animal...

Andy picked out a rebel magnet for the car and we moved on.

We tried getting in line for a different photo pass photographer right on the main drag there. BUT this one was ALSO taking forever!! So we bailed again.

So, it was finally time to headed out. UNTIL.... we saw that a calvacade was coming and we were right at where they come out. So, we stopped and watched.

IMG_0839

IMG_0839

IMG_0839

IMG_0839
Toy Buzz! Do we have to call him that now?

IMG_0839

It was so fun and short! But we loved it. I love that it is not a full event. I hope they keep something like that!

And now we FINALLY left! We headed to the bus stop. We got to the bus stop at 12:51. Bus came at 1:00. So, not too bad.

Up next, so resort resting... good food and a great evening!

When we got to this room, it was empty! It was so strange, they basically were bringing you right to your staging line, so no real chance to get your photo here. I hope if you ask they would let you get a picture.
Do you only see that room in the standby line? We did LL and I don’t remember seeing that!
At any rate, we like Muppets! It's fun. Not something I would say you HAVE to do but we still like it.
Muppets is classic! It’s a maybe do for me but I learned it is always a must do for most of my family.
UNTIL.... we saw that a calvacade was coming and we were right at where they come out. So, we stopped and watched.
We missed the calvacade! You got some awesome pictures.

I have to think part of that is Genie + directing people there? Or maybe just because there isn't enough to do in Hollywood Studios?

Probably a combination of both. The posted waits in HS get so long so fast that Muppets 3D appears to be the only "easy" attraction after 10:30am or so. If you're looking at a bunch of hour long waits or muppets, then 3d gags it is!

Do you only see that room in the standby line? We did LL and I don’t remember seeing that!
I think you have to go in that room. But they really move you along now, so you might of just missed it since you didn't hang out long.

We missed the calvacade! You got some awesome pictures.
That is the one downfall. I feel like it is a little harder to keep track of the times for the calvacades. We were so close to them all! It made it feel like the old days, you know?

Probably a combination of both.
Probably. Nice that they are getting some love.

Loved the update! I still have not gotten a Ronto Wrap... gonna change that cheer trip 2023 - lol.
It's hard to time where you are and what you are doing with all of the must eat food! I always struggle with this and also not criss crossing the parks too much.

Oh my goodness on your friend's safari story. How scary! Thank goodness it was nothing serious. The heat and humidity have been quite intense here so that might have been a factor as well. I can see why they wouldn't want to send an ambulance out onto the savanna but if it was more serious - like if someone wasn't breathing - I wonder what the process would be? I hope no one ever has to find out!!

Fun Star Wars afternoon! Now that you mention it, I rarely see people taking pictures at the chess table in the Falcon anymore. Seems like they try to discourage it in the name of keeping things moving. I can appreciate that but like you said, as a SW fan to be able to sit at the table on the Falcon is a big deal!

I still love Star Tours - even with the new attractions.

I had really hoped that "fill in all the available space" would be a retired phrase in light of what we've all been through the last few years. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter