Nicole & Rick's Wishes Wedding 10/27/13! *SAVE THE DATE UPDATE 4/11

I love the story about how you two met! So cute!

Your dress looks gorgeous on you -- even if it is two sizes too small :) when I bought my dress, they said it would take six months because they had to custom make it, but it really only took 1.5! I hope the same happens for you!

Your dress and rings are beautiful!

We're not doing a welcome party at all, just the rehearsal dinner, and that's going to be for the wedding party only, the night before the wedding. I kind of feel the same as you...inviting everyone to a welcome party the day before the wedding is too much like a reception, you just won't be married yet. LOL

I love that he was the TA in your class. Great story to pass on to the kids. As for the time, yes, it does pass quickly, but don't worry too much, you'll get everything done. Some days I'm shocked at what I've accomplished, then I realize I have sooo much more time to go before the wedding. Make sure you're taking time to enjoy the planning part as much as possible...it really does go by fast. :)

Thank you! I would have loved the concept of a RD, but it seems this battle for some kind of a welcome dinner I will not win! lol. I compromised with dad and asked if we could do this event on Friday instead of Saturday, and even somewhere off property. It seems to be a middle ground for the both of us. And I saw someone's awesome idea about a Meet and Greet at Ghiradelli at DTD (when are ice cream and chocolate yummy things a bad idea?!) which would be nice for people to come and go as they please. eh!

Nicole I love your dress. Shopping for me was actually not what I expected but I think that's b/c I didn't find "the one". We're going to Alfred Angelo on Monday though. I've already pulled from their website 21 dresses that i want to try! It'll be a long day for sure. I'll definitely put something up in my PJ about it all soon.

Thank you so much. My first day I was a little disheartened because I found such pretty dresses, but nothing that screamed "I'M IT!". It was so much easier for me to figure out which ones I HATED and which styles I liked more than others. I had a GREAT consultant though, who really knew how to dress my body type and listened to what I had to say. My mother was no help- everything was 'beautiful' to her. lol. While I appreciate the love...I needed to be objective. Which is why I brought my friend Dana who was more than blunt enough for everyone twice over. :laughing: Good Luck with Alfred Angelo tomorrow!

I love the Rapunzel dress! It is so beautiful. It waste only Disney dress I was really a fan if when I saw it. You can tell that it is going to look so good on you when they get you the right size :)

Thank you for the kind words! That's kind of how I felt about it when I saw it online. What a relief I found the dress! One more thing to check off the never ending list :)
I love the story about how you two met! So cute!

Your dress looks gorgeous on you -- even if it is two sizes too small :) when I bought my dress, they said it would take six months because they had to custom make it, but it really only took 1.5! I hope the same happens for you!

gosh I hope so! 1.5 months would be a huge relief, and a surprise! And thank you!

I've got my DIY project today; I was thinking of making my own Minnie ears for all the ladies coming to the wedding and putting them in their welcome baskets in their hotels. My friend from work had this great comment last week- saying if while in the WP with Rick & I at the alter, how fun would it be to have a photo from the back of the room looking out over everyone in attendance... with everyone in a pair of Ears?! :idea::earsgirl: HA! So, mom and I are going to try it out today and see how it goes. I'd like to consider myself somewhat crafty and creative, so hopefully this will work!

Hope everyone has a great Easter if you celebrate, or just a wonderful Sunday :cutie:

I feel like now that my LOA is signed and the deposit has been processed, I can start to really pay attention to the more fun wedding details, and not just the room block nightmare & travel queries. This weekend, I've successfully printed all my final Save The Dates (I've changed quite a few things from the initial picture I posted actually), and have all of them addressed and ready to go... except..
The DF is dragging his feet on getting me his guest list. I know the general family one but his friends... he's just putzing around on. And I know he's super busy but this is important too! And I kind of figure that he doesn't really know who to invite as a lot of his friends are residents themselves, and wouldn't be able to make it anyway due to their crazy schedule and someone has already taking vacation that week (uh... the DF!) so we'll see. I asked him to think about it. Again. I'll give it until Wednesday. Well, that's what I keep telling myself anyway. :confused3

Other than that? Been looking into floral arrangements that I liked to get some ideas once the floral planner and I become friends. lol. One of my favorite parts about weddings is the flowers... and I really want them to be spectacular. Some of the photos I've seen of DFTW show me that can be done! I love calla lilies and just fall colors in general, so picking a bouquet concept shouldn't be too difficult.

2fe1f9a8bb93b5a9091c092da4e66b25_zpsf50932d8.jpg

9bafea463d955815f40f27900fdcf299_zpsfba09fc2.jpg

These are probably some of my favorite bouquets I've seen online. I love the incorporation of the purples. Love love love.

And not so much of an arrangement, but I bet this would be fairly easy to DIY for a fun bridal shower centerpiece or something- I don't plan on having a themed bridal shower, but this would be a cool way to tie in DFTW!
d5778902f57ff383887f24b078090b34_zps93d140b5.jpg

Work has been increasingly difficult to concentrate on. Especially with all this planning, sometimes I feel like I won't have enough time to do all of this in. But then I remember I have about 7 months but... I know that time will FLY by. My latest conundrum is my bridal party. When the idea was to still have the wedding in St. Louis, I was going to have 3-4 BM. Now with the destination DFTW, I am definitely set on my one friend Dana being there... but I'm kind of stuck on this part. I have an old friend who I've known for about 15 years. (And for someone who's moved 22 times all over the globe, staying in touch for that long is an achievement). I was her MOH in her wedding this past July. (She decided it would be appropriate for all her BM to wear black satin strapless cocktail dresses and hot pink pumps for a Catholic ceremony. (Read NJ prostitute-ish) Did I mention the dress came to about my middle thigh?! I've never been more uncomfortable in my life. AND she was a bridezilla. My mom came to the ceremony just to see how ridiculous everyone was going to look. But that's another story) ANYWHO.... she has kind of positioned herself in asking so many questions about my planning, that it seems that she's expecting me to ask her to be a BM. Everytime we talk its "OMG I just went through this so I know EVERYTHINGGGGG" and I just want to..... ugh. :furious:

drives. me. nuts.

So I don't know if I'm kind of obligated to ask her. And in that thought... I would NEVER want someone to feel like they were obligated to ask me if the situation was reversed. But this girl is kind of different. :guilty:
We call her 'princess' for a reason. lol. And it's not that she's a bad person. By no means is that the case... she's just... her. and there's no one like her. lol.

MOVIN' ON! :angel:

I hope I get assigned my planner ASAP because I'm getting antsy :laughing: Work gets super busy this time of year [unfortunately] so I'm constantly on the go for my entire 12 hour shifts. Which is a good thing because then I don't have time to sit down at the computer and google disney wedding things or go on etsy and waste my life away. Ha! :surfweb:

Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!

That dress looks gorgeous on you! Honestly, from the photo, I would have never guessed it was two sizes too small, it looks great!

Those bouquets are beautiful! Gorgeous colours and gorgeous flowers!

Good luck with the bridal party! That's about the best advice I can offer you there - LOL. You know how it is. I don't think you should ask someone you don't want in your bridal party out of obligation... but... hmm. That's tough one. If you do ask her, just make sure you don't let her bridesmaid-zilla you. :goodvibes

At work last night, St. Louis issued a tornado warning. And I haven't been that freaked out in a while. I know StL is in the middle of 'tornado alley' and this isn't our first rodeo as they say... but I have never been at work and away from my family during this time. I work in an ICU at a big hospital downtown, and my patients were on the breathing machines and had so much equipment to keep track of- plugging everything into our emergency outlets connected to the generators and moving my patients into the hallways... it just kind of made me think- no matter what happens, I have to stay and take care of these people until its all over. And once the building began to feel like it was swaying a bit, I started to freak out. Thank goodness my unit is only on the 5th floor but still... those family members of my patients entrusted me to take care of their loved one when they aren't there. And it gave me chills. Had lots to do that night, and getting panicky was not on my list! All in all, the town next to my home was hit pretty bad, and we lost power for about 8 hours. But the important thing was everyone is safe and sound.
So I've been up for about 20 hours straight now, and have to go back to work tonight, but am a little stressed that I can't really sleep. :confused3
Sorry about the vent post... just kind of needed to get all that out :listen:

Anywhooooooo..... I'm hoping to get my wedding planner assigned sometime next week. And my honeymoon plans are falling into place, which is super exciting. Rick and I had planned on going to Maui for a week after the wedding, and in talking to a travel agent my dad uses for his business trips, its a lot more affordable than we originally thought. I keep telling myself to go big or go home because this is our honeymoon- but my bank account keeps slapping me in the face to bring me back to reality :crazy2: We are looking into going to WDW for our PS (if possible) from 6/3-6/7, and just have some time to relax and enjoy Disney. I've never been in June before, so this should be interesting.... hahaha. :hyper:
And the Save The Dates should be going out sometime this coming week- my parents keep wanting to make changes to the guest list, and I'm really over it. We had decided that I was only going to invite family that I WANTED to be there, not those that I felt obligated to invite. But... that might not be the situation at this point. Sigh. We'll see. I can't afford to feed that many more people!
But here are the Final Save The Dates:
0001Ea_zpsd63f7118.jpeg

0002by_zpsfc9efb47.jpeg

Next decision to make: photographer. I am set on using an outside photographer, but ironically, the two that I am looking at used to work for DFTW. David & Vicki Arndt and Regina Hyman are about the only two photographers I see talked about on the Dis in every post about photog. I have been in contact with both of them and they are so nice. (I have their current pricing lists if anyone needs them) Now we just have to make a decision! David & Vicki offer 15% off to DFTW brides, which you can't beat, but I want to really look into they and Regina both have to offer. My research for the weekend!

Oh my goodness that tornado scare sounds terrifying. We never really get extreme weather like that where I live (except maybe blizzards), or only on extremely rate occasions. That's a lot of responsibility and it sounds like you handled the situation very well!

Sorry to hear about the guest list drama. But the save the dates look great! Good luck choosing a photographer, from what I've heard and seen I don't think you could go wrong either way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter