Nickelodeon Family Suites.

Great to hear from all of you who will post trip reports on this place as you experience it! WHERE SHOULD I LOOK FOR THESE? Do you think the best place is just to add onto this thread so we will all be notified via e-mail that there are posted!? :flower:

Thanks, DIS NURSE :wizard:

P.S. I have read the exhaustive comments/trip reports on "trip advisor" as suggested and while though interesting...and sometimes a real bummer because of all of the construction and choas.... :guilty: I still am convinced this is place is something our family needs to experinece! :banana: Even if it's only once! :flower: I am crossing my fingers that after all of the construction (AND ALL OF THESE GRAPHIC COMPLAINTS! :listen: :crazy: :crazy: )...surley, things will get better and be the way they wanted to be represented! :cheer2:

Am I dreaming? :cloud9:

DIS NURSE from Oregon

I know I won't be the first to go. We leave June 29th and won't be back from our vacation until July 17th but as soon as I get back I will post a thread on this topic to let everyone know how the Nick Hotel was. My kids are so excited about staying there.

We will be checking in 5/2 (it's at the end of our trip and will be a surprise for DD) I'll be sure to post as well :flower:

We're not going till Dec.11th. When we went last year, we spent 2 full days at the hotel and that was when they just had the regular pools and little play area. We can't wait!!!! I'm hoping we can drag the kids away long enough to go to Disney :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Over on the trip reports board DeeBomb posted " just back from Nick Hotel any questions?" Just thought I'd let you guys know. :flower:

Trying to decide where to stay while visiting Universal & Seaworld this summer. (We'll also be staying on site at Disney.) The Universal on site hotels rates I've been getting on line seem very expensive. We have a family of 5. Would we fit in a regular room there? Any suggestions for discounts? Or does it make sense to stay at Disney the whole time and rent a car to visit Universal & Seaworld?

The couch in the living area has a pullout bed, the one room has a king size bed, and the other has either2 twins or bunkbeds. Unless your kids are full grown, I think you'd have plenty of room.

dreaminboutdisney,

Depending on your budget, I would pay the price at Universal...the hotels are very nice, although I agree, I have not been seeing too many discounts lately.

But...the last thing you want to do in the heat of the summer is stand in line, so for FOTL alone, I would strongly consider the Universal on-site hotels, at least for that portion of my vacation.

The Hard Rock has one of the nicest pool areas I have seen and you can walk to the parks along a beautiful walking path. The rooms are spacious enough for five depending on the ages of your children, but we just did this again in February and our kids are 8,6 and 5. We fit just fine.

I hope this helps.

We are staying at the new Nick hotel in July.
I went to Disney for the first time in 02, stayed out ASM.
Loved it, but I have 3 kids all over 3yrs old now, so the value resorts are out.
And we definetly need more room anyway
So my choices in WDW now were now limited to Port New Orleans and the Luxs.
I thought for the money and space and amenities the Nick sounded perfect.
I don't think $199 for a 2 bedroom themed hotel room, with free kids meals and other amenities is bad at all, compare that to a similiar sized room in Disney. I would figure a 2 bedroom suite in Disney has to run about $300 in the summer.
We drove to the parks when we stayed in Disney to transportation isn't an issue.
If we do a Universal trip in the future I would stay on site there, as the hotels are supposed to be really nice and FOTL access is really worth it, especially with kids in the summer.

JMCDAD said:
......I thought for the money and space and amenities the Nick sounded perfect.
I don't think $199 for a 2 bedroom themed hotel room, with free kids meals and other amenities is bad at all, compare that to a similiar sized room in Disney. I would figure a 2 bedroom suite in Disney has to run about $300 in the summer........

Price comparison (just overview on price not a point-to-point comparison of room size, amenities and 'magic' quotient): ;)

Rack rate for a 2 bedroom villa at a WDW home-away-from-home resort such as Old Key West during regular and value seasons are, respectively, is $490 and $575. At the Boardwalk Villas, a 2-bdrm, rack rate, for regular and value seasons: $560 and $725. Since pricing for suites is obtained only by contacting WDW reservations, I'd imagine suites are quite more than WDW's home-away-from-home accomodations. Either way, WDW 2-bdrm accomodations are certainly much more than the $199 at the Nick Hotel. :)

:crazy: OMG! I have continued to read "trip advisors" peoples' comments about Nick Hotel and it is beginning to worry me! Watch the updates closely....now that the other pool is open and they are wrapping up construction in the next month or so, they had better get better reviews or we are cancelling! pirate:

I think all of us who are interested in this facility is for all the right reason! :cool1: It's all about kids and a dream come true of sorts...and I am truly waiting it out to hear if it is all worth it.... :rolleyes:

If the poor reviews continue this place is clearly NOT worth the $$$$ and we will rebook somwhere else! Some of the stories and let downs are impressive to say the least! :guilty:

Does Nick Hotel ever read these feedback posts or care? They sure should care 'cause it's what will kill this place within a year's time after $20 million in "upgrades" if they don't listen! pirate:

To be honest, although I haven't read those reviews its kind of hard to review this until the renovation is complete and it is up and running.
For me I wouldn't have decided to stay there while the renovation was going on. I probably would have stayed on site at the Port NeW Orleans, being the only moderate to sleep 5. But since we are going in July it worked out well (hopefully they will be done with the renovation in May like they say)

C

This Feb--last week of--DH's brother & family stayed @ HolInn Nick. The place was a wreck of construction debris. I would ask directly, if the pools were up & running. Also, various corridors, connecting to lounge or arcade etc-- would be taped off(wet paint, construction etc) at differing times. Some things taped off were the odd 'door to nowhere'--nowhere but a drop! A real worry with young ones in tow. The suites are teensy. Very tight for their party of 3 adults, 2 seven yr olds, and a 13 yr old girl. The sofa bed cannot be opened without blocking access to outside door (safety hazard?) This meant that Grandpa couldn't stretch out until DB & SIL had come in for the night. The studios at VWL are better planned & seemed larger.

When dropping into the lounge for cocktails--lounge proper AC wasn't working--, taking a waterside table, we had a lovely view, but also all the noise & hubbub--face painting & balloons, at 10:00 pm-- of a kiddies lounge, immently visable thru a glass wall of windows. May be great if you haven't anyone to watch the kids--but would kids have a front row seat if things got 'wild' in the lounge Perhaps they intend to hang curtains? by the by, the drinks were weak. As I am a cheap date, :earboy2: , I should've been buzzed on 2 margaritas, but nary a nod. :drinking1 My SIL agreed. She also found the free shuttles not at all frequent or compatible with their schedule.

I'm sure once the construction is over, this hotel will vastly improve. :flower: Considering we paid far less per night to stay on site, for us at least, it would not be a choice we'd make. On the plus side it is conveniently located to grocery stores, restaurants & shopping. The staff interaction was pleasant. DB's family gave a big ::yes:: to the complimentary breakfast. :cheer2:

We had considered staying off site but went back to CB Aruba, kissing the ground! :banana: DB & SIL are looking forward to staying with us onsite next time-- :jumping1:

Jean, of tavern fame
:genie:

Reflection said:
Price comparison (just overview on price not a point-to-point comparison of amenities and 'magic' quotient): ;)

Rack rate for a 2 bedroom villa at a WDW home-away-from-home resort such as Old Key West during regular and value seasons are, respectively, is $490 and $575. At the Boardwalk Villas, a 2-bdrm, rack rate, for regular and value seasons: $560 and $725. Since pricing for suites is obtained only by contacting WDW reservations, I'd imagine suites are quite more than WDW's home-away-from-home accomodations. Either way, WDW 2-bdrm accomodations are certainly much more than the $199 at the Nick Hotel. :)

The 2 bedrooms at the HAH's at Disney have much (!!!) more space than at the Nick Hotel. I believe Disney's are over twice the size. I have never stayed at the disney villa's, but stayed at the HIF several times. We stopped because it just felt too crowded in as the boys grew. Now we like OLCC, or EGVR, or Sheraton Vistana. Unless they have changed, the Nick hotel only has a microwave and small fridge, too.

We're only staying two nights and are 2 adults and 3 kids so I'm not too worried about the size - we won't need the sleeper sofa. Is anyone else like me and just going for the "Nick" atmosphere and waterpark like pools. We stay at GF at Disney and HRH at Universal so its not like we're going to be comparing the rooms I just know my kids are dying to go to a Nick character breakfast and a "Sponge Bob" room! I'm sure that by the time we go in July the renovations should be finished and I'm sure it will be magical!

We are also leaving for HIFL on Thurs. for a 6 night stay. I'm not worried friends just came back from their and had a great time. All pools are open and lots of activities for the kids. They have 5 kids and said they had plenty of room for especially for the little amount of time they spent there. I'll post after returning on May 2.

DisneyMomx7 -

I have posted previously on this thread that I, too am going for the atmosphere alone and only for two nights. We stay at GF and HRH as well, so I will not be comparing it to those either.

I am thinking of it more as a long weekend at Chuck E. Cheese
or something :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Anyway, my expectations for a "high quality" hotel are really not there - this is just a fun time for my kids...therefore, as long as construction is complete, and the service is not sub-par, I'll be happy.

just my thoughts...

meandtheguys2 said:
The 2 bedrooms at the HAH's at Disney have much (!!!) more space than at the Nick Hotel. I believe Disney's are over twice the size. I have never stayed at the disney villa's, but stayed at the HIF several times. We stopped because it just felt too crowded in as the boys grew. Now we like OLCC, or EGVR, or Sheraton Vistana. Unless they have changed, the Nick hotel only has a microwave and small fridge, too.

I was not suggesting that the Nick Hotel (formerly known as HIFS) were the same size as WDW home away from home accomodations. I have stayed in WDW home away from home accomodations (one bedroom and studio) as well as Nick/HIFS and know that is not the case. In terms of square footage, I would guess (I don't know for a fact) that Nick/HIFS room size is equivalent to or slightly larger than a home away from home studio, including the sink/micorwave/small counter area/small refrigerator in both --except that Nick/HIFS have completely separate sleeping areas and WDW studios do not.

Just pointing out a major difference. (not based on "magic", but on function.) Didn't mean to offend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter