Nice News November 2018 Exercise Thread

:welcome: Twilight Sparkle and me (sophy1996) to Pleasant Purple!

Today's story comes from Japan, where 10-year-old Takuto Kawakami began learning English by playing with Disney products as a baby.

Also from Japan, though no apparent Disney connection, is the story of two cats determined to enter an art museum.
:cat::cat:

Both adorable!

My exercise today consisted of shoveling snow!! (I think it's going to be a weeeeeeeeeeird winter.)

I forgot to note the time when I went out, but I'm certain it took at least 20 minutes, so I'll count that.

210/450

Both adorable!

My exercise today consisted of shoveling snow!! (I think it's going to be a weeeeeeeeeeird winter.)

I forgot to note the time when I went out, but I'm certain it took at least 20 minutes, so I'll count that.

210/450

Not a cat guy, but I will say that's some serious determination by those two to get into the museum. lol

Congratulations to piglet1979 for turning Outstanding Orange! :dancer:

There are a lot of special commemorations of Mickey's 90th birthday this weekend. Good Morning America sent one lucky Disney fan to all the Disney resorts around the world - in seven days! I think they just finished today.

And here's a story about a couple who managed to visit all the U.S. Disney parks in just one day. Now that's a whirlwind tour!

:bday: to Mickey Mouse! :smickey: ::MickeyMo

Today is officially Mickey's 90th birthday. Though Mickey had been seen briefly earlier in the summer of 1928 in Plane Crazy, on November 18, 1928, he publicly premiered in Steamboat Willie. Steamboat Willie was the first Disney cartoon with synchronized sound and the first cartoon ever to feature a fully post-produced soundtrack.

In Mickey's early years his birthday varied. By the time his 50th approached, though, the company realized it would benefit Disney's marketing to establish one date. Using a program from the Colony Theater in New York, Disney Archivist Dave Smith determined that November 18, 1928, was Mickey's first truly public appearance, and that date became his official birthday.

I'm sure everyone here knows that Walt created Mickey after losing the rights to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. There are a number of Oswald films that have been lost, but one 1928 short recently was discovered in Japan in the possession of 84-year-old Yasushi Watanabe, who had bought it when he was in high school.

Happy Birthday, Mickey :smickey:

I would have such a hard time picking one of the special birthday treats!!! But chocolate mousse is always yummy!
I can actually add 30 minutes walking! We had to go to NYC on Thursday, of all days! So I got to do some walking to and from various train stations. It was amazing how quickly the snow piled up. No ill effects on my eye which is really good, considering what this week will bring! Happy cooking!

20 new minutes, for 230/450.

There are a lot of special commemorations of Mickey's 90th birthday this weekend. Good Morning America sent one lucky Disney fan to all the Disney resorts around the world - in seven days! I think they just finished today.

I saw some of that on GMA. - What a whirlwind trip!!

And I love the Mickey's Birthday treats! - If I was there this week, I'd want to get these two:
  • Mickey’s Birthday Cake Cupcake – red velvet cake with chocolate buttercream filling topped with cream cheese buttercream icing, white chocolate Mickey balloons, and a mini birthday cake; available at Contempo Café
  • Mickey’s Celebration Churro – warm chocolate churro topped with cookie butter and Mickey confetti and served with a side of red marshmallow cream and Mickey buttons; available at select Churro Carts across Disneyland park

• And I love the Mickey's Birthday treats! - If I was there this week, I'd want to get these two:
    • Mickey’s Birthday Cake Cupcake – red velvet cake with chocolate buttercream filling topped with cream cheese buttercream icing, white chocolate Mickey balloons, and a mini birthday cake; available at Contempo Café
    • Mickey’s Celebration Churro – warm chocolate churro topped with cookie butter and Mickey confetti and served with a side of red marshmallow cream and Mickey buttons; available at select Churro Carts across Disneyland park

Good choices! I would have to go for:

Cookies and Cream Sorcerer Cupcake – chocolate cupcake with cookies and cream filling topped with vanilla buttercream
    Mickey Brownie Mousse – fudge brownie topped with chocolate mousse and milk chocolate Mickey ears

Congratulations to PollyannaMom and the TEAM for turning Pleasant Purple, and to MikeNamez and Twilight Sparkle for turning Positive Pink!

With the cats having had their turn, the dogs now demand some attention. :dog: Here's a sweet article about service-dogs-in-training visiting California Adventure. And though not Disney connected, here's a list of 20 heroic dogs who saved their people's lives.

Oh, and for Twilight Sparkle, here's a cute clip involving a pony. Hope your DD never pulled something like this! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!