Next summers plans in ruins

Bigbluebear

Mouseketeer
After saying on here when i got back this year id be going somewhere different, im about to book up to orlando again:cool1::banana::rotfl2:

My better half has decided why go anywhere else when everything we want is in Florida. Who was i to disagree!

Shame all my California research has gone to waste!

Anyway, can somebody recommend a good hotel on I-Drive? Preferrably suites rather than just a room.

Do you want the main part of I drive or are you wanting to stay in the lower part near Sea World? Try looking at the Hawthorn Suites. Or even better if you can afford it, stay on-site at Disney and take advantage of the free dining plan. Even if you stay at POP, you can pay a small amount to have an upgrade to the sit down dining plan. For us, once tried never forgotton.

Do you want the main part of I drive or are you wanting to stay in the lower part near Sea World? Try looking at the Hawthorn Suites. Or even better if you can afford it, stay on-site at Disney and take advantage of the free dining plan. Even if you stay at POP, you can pay a small amount to have an upgrade to the sit down dining plan. For us, once tried never forgotton.

Id never stay at POP again. Did it in 2008.

24/7 disney was just far too much, plus i wasnt particularly enamoured by the hotel anyway. The DDP is good if your okay with being restricted to eating at Disney for a fortnight.

Theres only going to be two of us, so a villas out the question, but would like the option of being able to cook for ourself that a villa gives you.

Id like somewhere thats walking distance to restaurants, bars etc so i dont need to drive all the time.

I seen the HAwthorn suites in the TCD brochure and like the look of it but wasnt sure about the location.

After saying on here when i got back this year id be going somewhere different, im about to book up to orlando again:cool1::banana::rotfl2:

My better half has decided why go anywhere else when everything we want is in Florida. Who was i to disagree!

Shame all my California research has gone to waste!

Anyway, can somebody recommend a good hotel on I-Drive? Preferrably suites rather than just a room.

We've stayed at Sheraton Vistana Villages before and loved it, this time we need a three bed so staying at Floridays which gets even better write-ups on Tripadvisor, consistently 4 or 5 out of 5! Very good price too.

Hi, I know it's not on I-Drive but have you looked at Cypress pointe resort in Lake Buena Vista, close to DTD and Crossroads.

Off topic, but had to say join the club!!!!!

After weeks of reading up on Southern California, i was out voted. Like you i couldn't find a reason to put up a fight so we're booked for Orlando for next August.

Maybe one day we'll explore the rest of the world!!!!

xx

Even if you stay at POP, you can pay a small amount to have an upgrade to the sit down dining plan. For us, once tried never forgotton.

I don't think the values come with free dining do they? We booked a moderate for next year and that was the minimum for free QSDP with the option to pay in and upgrade to the regular DDP.

We are going to Orlando and St Petes , then flying to Las Vegas, doing a few things in California before flying home from LA, could be a solution, and all your California planning will not go to waste:confused3

We are going to Orlando and St Petes , then flying to Las Vegas, doing a few things in California before flying home from LA, could be a solution, and all your California planning will not go to waste:confused3

That was considered, but i wouldnt want the hassle of packing, losing a day travelling coast to coast, unpacking and then the moving about thatd be done in california.

Due to my contractual situtation with work i cant afford to be off anymore than 2 & 1/2 weeks so going for longer than a fortnight is out the question.

But thanks for the suggestion.

Think im going to go with a hotel in LBV.:cool1:

Theres only going to be two of us, so a villas out the question, but would like the option of being able to cook for ourself that a villa gives you.

There's only two of us these days when we go, now that DS has flown the nest, but we still rent a townhouse.

Although I don't really do any cooking while we're there, other than preparing the odd slice of toast!, we do like the space, the laundry facilities, wireless internet, free landline calls to UK etc that the townhouse provides.

And the price we pay is very reasonable, even for just us two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter