News Round Up 2020

Was anything mentioned about Raya and The Lost Dragon or Soul? I'm guessing their dates are probably remaining the same atm?

Was anything mentioned about Raya and The Lost Dragon or Soul? I'm guessing their dates are probably remaining the same atm?

it looks like their dates are indeed the same. Raya doesn’t surprise me, but Soul still seems a bit too soon. At the moment it’s Disney’s first movie to open in theaters after all of this, but I’m not sure anyone will want to be going to a theater in late June.

Inevitable. The company bridged their people through when most of them will get their checks from the Government, and they’ll be eligible for the enhanced unemployment.

The hard part now is how does Disney hire all these people back?

The rides are gonna feel very different with all new CMs and it’s going to take forever to reopen the parks if 30% of the staff turns over, let alone 50 or 75%

They are still hired. They are just temporary laid off or furloughed as most people call it. They have to go back when Disney saids to go back. I’m sure some will get another job just like always with a low paying job. But with lots of people laid off now it will be harder to find a job at this time.
I’m sure the majority will be back not counting the college program kids.

I feel lIke July 4th will be a target date to open things back up. Obviously, I have no facts or evidence. just a feelin’

I am sure they would love it and "celebrating" (not sure if that is proper word given all the bad that has happened) with the crazy 4th of July fireworks they do at EPCOT would be pretty fitting.

Here in Canada in Toronto, they have cancelled all permits and gatherings until at least July 2nd at this time. July 1st is Canada’s ‘July 4th’. The last thing they want to happen is a sudden influx of large groups of people gathering together so they purposely decided to not include this date. I can see the same happen in the US and opening dates be after major celebration dates.

DLP put pressure on short-term employees to force them to accept a contract breach. 84% of their salary is reimbursed by the unemployment state fund until the end of the crisis but Disney wants to save money on the remaining 16% (which ends on April 19th).

DLP sent an email to performers on April 1st to demand their agreement for a mutual contract breach by April 2nd. Or they would be blacklisted.

NEWS

Disney fans can join two watch parties today for Onward:
Anybody want to watch Onward with us today?! I’ll be live-tweeting if you have questions. 3pm EST/12pm PST. #PixarOnward https://t.co/LLB6GT7V3X
— Dan Scanlon (@MrDanScanlon) April 4, 2020

Celebrate Disney & Pixar's #Onward on @disneyplus by watching the film with Disney Collect! this Saturday, April 4th at 2:30PM ET! Grab some popcorn, head into the app & watch with us as we’ll be chatting with the community & giving out free Onward prizes! https://t.co/0644QtaBGz pic.twitter.com/4tCCrcWmz8
— Disney Collect! by Topps (@ToppsDisney) April 2, 2020

https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/2020/04/04/two-onward-watch-parties-fans-can-join-today/

I never thought about this before, and I really hope it doesn't end up even remotely close to the numbers of the Thanos snap. But I can't help but sort of feel like a mild version of snap has just happened to world:sad:
It won’t...BUT the beginning of Endgame is going to hit us all differently after this is all over from the loss of people we know and loss of time.

They are still hired. They are just temporary laid off or furloughed as most people call it. They have to go back when Disney saids to go back. I’m sure some will get another job just like always with a low paying job. But with lots of people laid off now it will be harder to find a job at this time.
I’m sure the majority will be back not counting the college program kids.
I'm guessing the medical benefits have clawback terms too if the CM doesn't return when called back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter