News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is cool. We usually save our plastic utensils and reuse them throughout the festival until they break, but having a pocket set of bamboo utensils is pretty cool! I might go for that.

Our company actually recently started giving out metal reusable straws - which we will likely also bring with us - because paper straws are really awful.

That's a good idea, never thought of that. When we go in October I'll try to do that.

Even though I feel like I just need to carry utensils and a straw around on some sort of weird necklace.

PHOTO/RUMOR

looks like someone got a photo of the Guardians vehicles:

View attachment 434697View attachment 434698

photo credit from Mr_Rollercoaster
Online   content
on the below site/post

http://themepark.nl/ubb/ubbthreads...._Vekoma_Vlodrop_Testopstelli.html#Post2543308
Those look (and excuse me for relapsing to a 19 year old version of me for a moment) freakin awesome.

A recession isn’t certain yet. Disney has been trying to sway people away from the minimum as well. Doesn’t really come as a surprise for many DVC members.

Would this just be for new members or would existing members that have 75 have to buy 25 more just to retain status?

Would this just be for new members or would existing members that have 75 have to buy 25 more just to retain status?

They are grandfathering existing members in. Anyone that already has 75 points is covered, and if you buy 75 points by 9/17 - you will also be covered.

I posted this on the DVC forum:
Last chance to buy in as "full member" with 75 points - 9/17
10 day contract rescind period ends - 9/27
End of Fiscal 2019 - 9/28

NOT In my view a coincidence - though they were probably planning to do it eventually. DVC is probably underperforming for the quarter or year and someone came up with the bright idea to tighten the membership requirement further to spike sign-ups. It'll probably work - but probably not a very good sign for DVC if they need to do this to make their numbers. I am not sure it represents a slowing economy or their bad decisions to put the extra resale restrictions on their newest property.

It's also interesting that they used to have a minimum initial buy-in of 150 points, but they lowered it to 75 so that they could sell more points. Do you think raising it to 100 will help them sell more points? I don't think so. (Minimum buy-in now $18,800 at Riviera.)

They are grandfathering existing members in. Anyone that already has 75 points is covered, and if you buy 75 points by 9/17 - you will also be covered.

NOT In my view a coincidence - though they were probably planning to do it eventually. DVC is probably underperforming for the quarter or year and someone came up with the bright idea to tighten the membership requirement further to spike sign-ups. It'll probably work - but probably not a very good sign for DVC if they need to do this to make their numbers. I am not sure it represents a slowing economy or their bad decisions to put the extra resale restrictions on their newest property.

It's also interesting that they used to have a minimum initial buy-in of 150 points, but they lowered it to 75 so that they could sell more points. Do you think raising it to 100 will help them sell more points? I don't think so. (Minimum buy-in now $18,800 at Riviera.)

Thanks for this.

Clearly they are trying to increase direct sales vs resale - guess this is another way

Buying is just agreeing to the sale and making the deposit, right? Just curious if you would be fine if you haven't closed by 9/17 on a 75-point direct purchase.

A recession isn’t certain yet. Disney has been trying to sway people away from the minimum as well. Doesn’t really come as a surprise for many DVC members.
this; the leading indicators are signalling that its still +12 months away; if anyone out there thinks they are able to time it; please get rich but its not that easy to forecast; and likelihood is another recession will not be anything like the last (aka not nearly as significant)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter