News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats the nature of Reccessions we shall see, in saying that, if one is coming. DVC raising the number of points required for benefits will have a double edge sword. We shall see a rise in resales at a cheaper price, which means less people who will be able to use those benefits, so the cost per point to Disney goes down, aka makes more profit over the remaining life of the contract. At the same time Disney will have to work harder to sell DVC anyway. With Riveria this year and the reflections in the next couple years as well as Lighhouse Point possibly being DVC, it might actually keep the price of DVC relatively stable for Direct buys, something that hasnt been happening between new DVCs being available in awhile. IF Disney is playing the long game this actually makes alot of since.

In saying that, Im not going to be angry if Reflections per point price is the same as the Rivera, a recession should make the DVC promotions at that time pretty good.

Now Im not saying I want another recession, Im just looking towards the positive if there is one.

I am reading that book now - it feels like almost a tourguide of Black Spire Outpost as it mentions all the shops and shop owners and food, etc. Also explains the Resistance being there a lot and just gives a lot of background to the land

I have that book waiting for me at the library.

Did you read the Black Spire comics? I really enjoyed those.

You don’t actually know you’re in a recession until after it starts. Economics is weird like that.
Actually not true. Two consecutive quarters of no or negative growth is how it’s defined. There is plenty of data available to forecast growth that is pretty accurate. Some recessions become a self fulfilling prophecy based on the predictions

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter