News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got our Lion King tickets! Fingers crossed that their is no auto-tune!

This will be the last of the "live action" remakes that we go see in the theatre. I'm not a huge fan of them doing these "live action" remakes but Lion King looks very good.

News

March of the First Order is ending July 7th. The walk around Storm Troopers are also ending that day.

I expect this is a getting ready for SWGE thing.

That's kind of crappy.

We are headed there mid July for a family trip. Son loves seeing that show. So we lose that and gain nothing for this trip.

What's the opposite of pixie dust?

people will buy it once for the photo ops - I know I will get it once to try it .... but people don't go back again, and again for Butter Beer *just* for the photo op - it actually tastes good

So hopefully Disney does tweak it - even if not for a while (get through the opening and those initial Instagram moments, and then roll out something new and have all those people have to come back to try the new, good version)

I really wanted the blue and green "milk" to be blue raspberry and green apple respectively so people who like sweet drinks at least would actually like it. What people describe it tasting like sounds horrible and I wouldn't buy it just for the photo op.

Kinda reminds me of the drink that was served in the Orange Bird sipper at Flower & Garden – that was super yucky but we HAD to have that sipper.

I really wanted the blue and green "milk" to be blue raspberry and green apple respectively so people who like sweet drinks at least would actually like it. What people describe it tasting like sounds horrible and I wouldn't buy it just for the photo op.

Kinda reminds me of the drink that was served in the Orange Bird sipper at Flower & Garden – that was super yucky but we HAD to have that sipper.

or just make it like a sweet milk type thing. We often get around the Holidays something called "Sugar Cookie Milk" which is basically a milk that is swettened and some vanilla flavoriting to it. Something like that I think would totally work ... could still do coconut or soy milk if needed

It feels like they overthought this one and made it too "unexpected" and it just didn't work

I went yesterday with my DD to see Toy Story 4. I thought it was good. It was funny but also had a few slower parts. The end got me though and I cried. DD who is 11 really liked it too. She wanted to see this over Aladdin.

We won’t be seeing it until next weekend. Didn’t want to waste time watching it in Barcelona, but we did get to watch the previous 3 before we left. 3 still makes me cry like a baby.

3 and 4 both made me cry.

I just came home from Toy Story 4. It is hard to knock a 9/10 movie. While it is the funniest of the 4 I think it is the worst of the 4. But 1-3 are such perfection being 4th is more nitpicks then anything.

2 is still the one that I do not care for. I would put my order 1, 3, 4, 2

I don't think I'd want a 5 though. Not with the way things ended.

I agree. I think it should have ended after 3 but 4 was surprising good.

Maybe they’ll finally install a digital projector and fix the audio so that Ariel is louder than the accompaniment.

News

March of the First Order is ending July 7th. The walk around Storm Troopers are also ending that day.

I expect this is a getting ready for SWGE thing.

But who is going to make sure there aren’t any traitors walking around?

Best street entertainment ever. I know the stormtroopers will be back once SWGE opens, but that march is amazing. Guess I’ll have to watch it two or three times next week on the day I’m there.

I feel like I heard people like the milk though?

The stuff is pretty gross. Both colors. I don't know anyone who actually liked it. While drinking it multiple people came up and asked us our opinion. We told them it wasn't good/wasn't worth it and they grimly nodded, saying that's all they'd heard as well. However, almost everyone we spoke to also said they were resigned to at least buy the blue milk for a photo, though one family we spoke to said they would just buy one glass for the five of them as opposed to one per person.

I really wanted the blue and green "milk" to be blue raspberry and green apple respectively so people who like sweet drinks at least would actually like it.

We suffered through the orange bird sipper drink because I may or may not have drank almost anything to get that cup! I agree on the flavors for the blue and green "milk"

a few people do - most seem to not be fans. And at the very lease is very much not what they are expecting so even if they think it is ok, it isn't what they hoped for ... and it definitely isn't the "Disney Butter Beer" that I am sure Disney was hoping for
I saw a clip, I think it was with Craig, with an interview with the guy that came up with the taste. He was trying to come up with something completely unexpected. I can understand the thought since it is a different galaxy, why should it taste like milk. On the other hand, it is a galaxy were most people look like humans, so maybe milk that taste like milk isn't that unreasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter