News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
News

Tron construction to begin soon

http://blogmickey.com/2018/02/const...dom-begin-next-week-completion-date-revealed/

They say completion date revealed but permit expiration dates don’t correlate to opening dates. Pandora has permits with expiration in 2018.

Hey look I found this before posting my own thread Rteetz !

But seriously, this deserves its own thread :P

VERY Excited about this ... Less excited that Disney is clearly slow walking this, if 2021 is true.

I get it, basically a BIG openning every 1.5 years until the 50th. But still :(

That's good to hear. However, the man is 95 years old so realistically I know it's only a matter of time. Being a huge comic book fan, I've known who Stan Lee is for most of my life. He narrated the cartoons I watched as a kid. So even though he hasn't had much impact on the comic industry in a while, it's going to be really weird for me when he's gone.

:sad1: Nope! It's not his time so let's be happy he's still with us. My hero of imagination.

It's not fully confirmed yet - supposedly they will have to close the entire ride for a bit to finish moving the entrance from the current way to the one inside Toy Story Land. There is some chatter of people having issues booking FP for TSMM in some days in March, but that is just leading to speculation

I have FP+s for it on 3/26, 3/27, and 3/30. I REALLY hope it is not closed 100% until after Easter (wishful thinking). Closing the third track or the original two would still be unfortunate, but I would rather have a longer FP+ wait time than no TSMM at all!

I don't think the Incredibles belong in Tomorrowland, either... I also don't get the whole dance party thing, but apparently other people like them because they keep adding them.
Yeah I hate dance parties. Especially when they locate them where they do (like in Tomorrowland) it creates a weird vibe

Well, if you read posts on the theme parks board, a lot of parents complain that their children (or the whole family) find Epcot a waste of time and boring, especially the World Showcase. Perhaps trying to appeal to the children? Go dance while mom has some wine? :)

Well, if you read posts on the theme parks board, a lot of parents complain that their children (or the whole family) find Epcot a waste of time and boring, especially the World Showcase. Perhaps trying to appeal to the children? Go dance while mom has some wine? :)
You can still make it kid friendly and thematically appropriate. I wouldn't include guardians as a small child film either.

You can still make it kid friendly and thematically appropriate. I wouldn't include guardians as a small child film either.

Who wants to dance with Ben Franklin kids? ;)

Nothing would make a dance party make sense. And while I can't stand dance parties, I do think the music from Guardians screams America. :) And if this isn't aimed at little kids...who the heck do they think is going to dance?

My kids love World Showcase (ages 8, 6, and 3) - enjoy the rides and the activities and exploring the pavilions - they are always chatting up the CMs from the different countries too

:confused3:mickeyjum (the Mickey is from my 8 year old who saw me typing this, read it and said "I *love* World Showcase!")

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter