News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done every ride in all 4 Disney parks in a day, and all rides in both Universal parks plus Magic Kingdom in a day. But not 50 times on multiple rides in a day. I'm not that good.
So you’ve done the WDW47 or WDW49?

Do a lot of people still buy just DVDs? When I buy a movie I always get the combo thing where it’s blu-ray, DVD, digital copy. I can’t remember the last time I got just a DVD.
About half as many as buy BluRays according to the stats. Here is the combined number. Note Black Panther is hot on Star Wars heels despite being released several months later. https://www.the-numbers.com/home-market/packaged-media-sales/2018

The best news for Disney shareholders, of course, is that the top 4 films are all Disney/Marvel releases.

And yet, it's the 8th most popular DVD of 2018. Keep in mind, it was an early DVD release this year since the movie came out last year. Infinity War is still not available, so it's only competing against movies released prior to May. It's kind of a stupid measure, to be honest.

https://www.the-numbers.com/home-market/dvd-sales/2018

Infinity War is out! I'm just excited because my copy arrived in the mail yesterday and I can watch it in 3D again (thanks to Amazon UK, since it isn't being released in 3D in the US). I also bought a digital copy in July because it was earlier than the Bluray release and I couldn't wait.

I've done every ride in all 4 Disney parks in a day, and all rides in both Universal parks plus Magic Kingdom in a day. But not 50 times on multiple rides in a day. I'm not that good.
I tried to do this back in August and failed. very impressive.

RUMOR: Ratatouille Ride Opening Date Revealed for Epcot

https://wdwnt.news/18090601

“If sources are to be believed, the targeted opening date of the Ratatouille attraction at Epcot is May 2020.”

Not a shocker for sure. There was not much doubt they would target this. I've been thinking they might yet try to get the Guardians ride for the same date even though they haven't said it yet.

And not Disney related, but holy smokes - Burt Reynolds just died.

Not a shocker for sure. There was not much doubt they would target this. I've been thinking they might yet try to get the Guardians ride for the same date even though they haven't said it yet.

And not Disney related, but holy smokes - Burt Reynolds just died.
I don't think Guardians will be ready for May 2020.

Hmm they may have the show building up completely by First quarter of 2019. Its not impossible to build a roller coaster in a year and test it. It would all depend if the coaster has already been assembled and tested and then Disassembled before being put up in Disney.

It only took Disney 2 years of Construction to put up 7 Dwarfs mine train.

How is this even possible? I would think that even if all the rides were walk-ons that simply the LENGTH of the rides and the time spent travelling between parks would make this impossible. Was EMH used? Was a party or some special VIP tour used?

I mean, some rides take near 10 or so minutes to ride (Haunted Mansion, Small World, TTA (maybe?), spaceship earth, TSMM? And most shows are 20 minutes minimum.

Are you talking just "rides" .. and not shows?

How is this even possible? I would think that even if all the rides were walk-ons that simply the LENGTH of the rides and the time spent travelling between parks would make this impossible. Was EMH used? Was a party or some special VIP tour used?

I mean, some rides take near 10 or so minutes to ride (Haunted Mansion, Small World, TTA (maybe?), spaceship earth, TSMM? And most shows are 20 minutes minimum.

Are you talking just "rides" .. and not shows?
Yes. It's rides only, not shows. And it is very difficult to do. A surprising amount of planning and logistics goes into the attempts and many (most?) still fail. There is a website, somewhere, devoted to it.

Yes. It's rides only, not shows. And it is very difficult to do. A surprising amount of planning and logistics goes into the attempts and many (most?) still fail. There is a website, somewhere, devoted to it.
Okay .. then it seems "possible" .. I will have to look it up ... It would be fun to try ... some day.

Seems like to much strict planning for a vacation to me. But all the power to people who want to try to ride
it all in a day

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter