News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crowds have been very low this week. At HS today and have walked on most rides. Longest posted wait is 35 minutes for Slinky Dog Dash. Halloween Party on Labor Day was also very uncrowded. Maybe Irma last year scared ppl off from booking this week. Works for me!!

In PA and this is 2nd week of school for K-12, third week for the college I work at, and schools in NYS went back to school today...more people are pulling kids out of school during the year for vacation, but most aren’t pulling them out in the first week or two!

In PA and this is 2nd week of school for K-12, third week for the college I work at, and schools in NYS went back to school today...more people are pulling kids out of school during the year for vacation, but most aren’t pulling them out in the first week or two!
PA here too and this is actually my districts FIRST week of school. We are one of the hold outs who still won’t start before Labor Day, which I like.

Historically, I'm pretty sure after Labor Day is always one of, if not the lowest attended weeks of the year.
That's why we are here now and booked the Ultimate Fall into Disney Magic package. I don't think they sold as many packages as they had hoped. Yes, crowds are low, but staffing is also low. Many kiosks/carts are closed.

I think I am choosing the wrong year to get an AP .. heh. If I was doing a 2019 to 2020 AP .. I'd be able to hit SWGE, Mickey's Runaway railway, Ratatouille, and maybe even GoG.

Well .. I guess there is no "good" time to go if they keep building new stuff! Keep it up Disney!
Maybe they’ll hook you into an AP renewal... ... :D

We did this last year and did not feel it was worth the price. If it was four hours or more it would be!
I’ve done it twice. The first time I did it, I agreed with your opinion. The 2nd time I did it, I really enjoyed it. I think it just depends on the crowds/experiences of the evening...If you have a choice between a party or DAH to just ride attractions, I would easily say DAH based on the party from Monday.

The walls were up around the UFO in front of Monsters Inc last week as well (I remember as we had to walk around it while it was raining) before they took down the Incredibles stuff

Random note: while I still think some of the Incredibles decorations were a bit "low end" I actually enjoyed the feel of Tomorrowland with the Incredibles Summer going on way more than I thought I would. Just more characters out and fun photopass spots and hearing the Incredibles music while on the People Mover was cool. It really just added a little twist to Tomorrowland without totally changing things

I’ve done it twice. The first time I did it, I agreed with your opinion. The 2nd time I did it, I really enjoyed it. I think it just depends on the crowds/experiences of the evening...If you have a choice between a party or DAH to just ride attractions, I would easily say DAH based on the party from Monday.
And I was just thinking that I'd easily choose a party based on this Monday's since you can get into the park at 4 and stay until after midnight. Plus you get the special show, parade and fireworks. All for less money per ticket. But I agree that it depends on the crowd level of the party. DAH was definitely a small crowd which is the biggest appeal of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter