News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you’ve done the WDW47 or WDW49?

I tried to do this back in August and failed. very impressive.

Curious about this as well. Did you do it before it was officially was a thing to do?

How is this even possible? I would think that even if all the rides were walk-ons that simply the LENGTH of the rides and the time spent travelling between parks would make this impossible. Was EMH used? Was a party or some special VIP tour used?

I mean, some rides take near 10 or so minutes to ride (Haunted Mansion, Small World, TTA (maybe?), spaceship earth, TSMM? And most shows are 20 minutes minimum.

Are you talking just "rides" .. and not shows?

What I did was not the official Parkeology rules, I personally do not agree with them completely (although I did follow their rules but I have another). To me Space Mountain counts as 2 different rides and both tracks need to be ridden, I agree with pretty much the rest of the rules.

I did it in 2014 shortly after Mine Train opened, no parties, no extra special passes, no tour. Just my crowd knowledge.

And honestly I think it would be easier now than when I did it simple because Great Movie Ride and Universe of Energy are gone. They ate up a lot of time. Maybe not once Star Wars opens. It wasn't easy, but it was a load of fun.

Try the week after labor day week--- was better though before they opened food and wine in august...
We went that week in 2015 and were surprised by how crowded it was. Of course it seemed that all of September was unusually crowded that year based on reports I read.

What I did was not the official Parkeology rules, I personally do not agree with them completely (although I did follow their rules but I have another). To me Space Mountain counts as 2 different rides and both tracks need to be ridden, I agree with pretty much the rest of the rules.

I did it in 2014 shortly after Mine Train opened, no parties, no extra special passes, no tour. Just my crowd knowledge.

And honestly I think it would be easier now than when I did it simple because Great Movie Ride and Universe of Energy are gone. They ate up a lot of time. Maybe not once Star Wars opens. It wasn't easy, but it was a load of fun.
Interesting that you count Space as two. I wouldn't consider it that. They are the same just different sides. So would you have considered Mr. Toad the same when it was open? That had two sides as well. Just curious.

Interesting that you count Space as two. I wouldn't consider it that. They are the same just different sides. So would you have considered Mr. Toad the same when it was open? That had two sides as well. Just curious.

They aren't the same, one turns left and one turns right. Primeval Whirl has two identical tracks, but Space has two mirror tracks (Plus Alpha is 10 feet longer). So different enough to where I say it needs two rides. I think I get a different enough experience on both tracks even though they are so similar. Can't say I remember the track layout of Mr Toad enough to make that call anymore. Mission Space would now require a green and an orange ride since they are now completely different as well.

The really tricky part is that every combination of rides on Star Tours counts as a different ride ;)

I wouldn't count the randomization as different enough on Star Tours or Tower of Terror to require rerides. It's still the same general experience. For Tower all the important stuff is the parts before and after the drop. Star Tours the different scenes may be different but the ride feel is generally the same (plus randomization is frequently not on). For Space, I always take somebody on one track, then make them do the other track. They usually try bracing for the turns, and always mess up because of the switch.

My logic doesn't have to make any sense because it's my own thing. And any excuse for more Space is a good one.

I'm planning on giving it another try on one of my next couple trips.

The really tricky part is that every combination of rides on Star Tours counts as a different ride ;)
I was bummed that I got the same sequence of scenes three times in a row yesterday. It was a walk on most of the day but I figured maybe I'd just get the same scenes if I kept going and three times was enough. Lol

I was bummed that I got the same sequence of scenes three times in a row yesterday. It was a walk on most of the day but I figured maybe I'd just get the same scenes if I kept going and three times was enough. Lol
I believe it's just one version right now.

I believe it's just one version right now.

There's at least two. We had the Jakka/Crait version and the Tatooine/Naboo version just last week. I don't think they are as random as they used to be. It was interesting that one was the Episode VII-IX version, and the other was the Epsiode I-III version. Only the "new" version ended on Black Spire Outpost. Have to say I was happy we got two different ones.

There's at least two. We had the Jakka/Crait version and the Tatooine/Naboo version just last week. I don't think they are as random as they used to be. It was interesting that one was the Episode VII-IX version, and the other was the Epsiode I-III version. Only the "new" version ended on Black Spire Outpost. Have to say I was happy we got two different ones.

That’s what we experienced last week as well

We went that week in 2015 and were surprised by how crowded it was. Of course it seemed that all of September was unusually crowded that year based on reports I read.

We were there the same week (first time ever at Disney) and the crowds were just... well, a lot bigger than I expected. We went the following year the week after Thanksgiving (2016) and felt the crowds were about the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter