News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, thanks for pointing this out - definitely not good news. Our plan was to sign up for Jedi Training first anyway and avoid the initial rush to TSL and get there a bit later so guess we will stick with that - hope this doesn’t really mess with our ability to sign up for Jedi Training though

I would think they wouldn't start the sign up for Jedi training until Park opening - but I don't know that for sure - something to ask on the regular boards I would think...our daughter was always afraid to go up against Darth Vader so it was never an issue.

On regular days you can sign up before the park opens if you have a breakfast reservation. On our trip in May I saw people running after the gates opened, but I'm not sure that's necessary if you're flexible on the time. The morning times filled up first, but there were still plenty of afternoon slots available when I went by at 11:00. I've heard similar reports from others over the past year.

The shop parks app doesn't have accurate info on a lot of items; showing they are sold out when they aren't (and have tons of the item being searched for) and showing items remaining when they are sold out. It's frustrating when you know the item is there, it just won't show it. It also seems a lot of items aren't in the system at all. At least this may show they are working on it, though the pics in the link look like the shop Disney app may now just be integrated into MDX.

though the pics in the link look like the shop Disney app may now just be integrated into MDX.

For IOS both MDE and the Shop Parks app just had updates. The size in MB of the MDE just jumped by about the size the of the stand alone Shop app ... I agree that they may have just integrated the shop app code into MDE.

MDE has become a inefficient beast of an app over time, so I may just use the Shop Parks app if all I'm doing is shopping as that tends to chugs less and not eat my battery like MDE

For IOS both MDE and the Shop Parks app just had updates. The size in MB of the MDE just jumped by about the size the of the stand alone Shop app ... I agree that they may have just integrated the shop app code into MDE.

MDE has become a inefficient beast of an app over time, so I may just use the Shop Parks app if all I'm doing is shopping as that tends to chugs less and not eat my battery like MDE

Yeah it looks it's just an integration for now, I'm betting eventually they'll stop updating the Shop Parks app in favor of this.

The shop parks app doesn't have accurate info on a lot of items; showing they are sold out when they aren't (and have tons of the item being searched for) and showing items remaining when they are sold out. It's frustrating when you know the item is there, it just won't show it. It also seems a lot of items aren't in the system at all. At least this may show they are working on it, though the pics in the link look like the shop Disney app may now just be integrated into MDX.

Agreed. In July, my wife wanted a Alice in wonderland magic band. App showed them as out of stock. Disney springs CM found it for my at the Dolphin, which was convenient since we were starting at Boardwalk.

Agreed. In July, my wife wanted a Alice in wonderland magic band. App showed them as out of stock. Disney springs CM found it for my at the Dolphin, which was convenient since we were starting at Boardwalk.
When it shows out of stock that might just mean out of stock online. You usually can click the find on map button and that will show you locations where the item is sold and then you might be able to find it from there.

Just on the shop app. International users couldn’t download that previously (on IOS) as only available in the US iTunes. So having it on MDE now is a help. My wife was able to find a specific t shirt she was looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter