News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to chime in on the ticket thing. First off people are reacting to a rumor - and a rumor by not the most reliable of guys.

2nd - if they put in some sort of tier pricing for multi-day tickets, I am SURE they will not make it THAT complicated.
:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I need to chime in on the ticket thing. First off people are reacting to a rumor - and a rumor by not the most reliable of guys.

2nd - if they put in some sort of tier pricing for multi-day tickets, I am SURE they will not make it THAT complicated. For those saying "How will they do hoppers?" for instance - my bet is exactly the way they do it now - by paying $75 per person - you now can hop from park to park. THere won't be a bunch of different options, it'll be a single adder, just like it is now.

My guess is the single park multi-day will work like this: Days at MK will cost maybe $10 so if you want a six day pass with 2 days at MK it will be $380, for 3 days at MK it will be $390. The point will be basically to try and discourage people from so many days at MK - the park that has the real crowd problems. The seasonal pricing will likely be fairly simple too...if any of your park days are during the higher season - the whole ticket will be at the higher season price.

This is all conjecture of course, just like everyone else - but I just don't believe that they are going to make it so complicated that the guests will have to plan out every single day to buy their tickets. ("Well, Tuesday at Epcot is cheaper - so we'll go there on Tuesday...")
It’s not an if it’s a when. Disney has said tiered multi-day pricing is coming.

It won’t be just like it is now either. It will likely be similar to the single day ticket in which they have seasons. I also think Len is right in that there will be the most expensive option where you can use it anytime rather than worry about those seasons.

2nd - if they put in some sort of tier pricing for multi-day tickets, I am SURE they will not make it THAT complicated. For those saying "How will they do hoppers?" for instance - my bet is exactly the way they do it now - by paying $75 per person - you now can hop from park to park. THere won't be a bunch of different options, it'll be a single adder, just like it is now.

My guess is the single park multi-day will work like this: Days at MK will cost maybe $10 so if you want a six day pass with 2 days at MK it will be $380, for 3 days at MK it will be $390. The point will be basically to try and discourage people from so many days at MK - the park that has the real crowd problems. The seasonal pricing will likely be fairly simple too...if any of your park days are during the higher season - the whole ticket will be at the higher season price.

This is all conjecture of course, just like everyone else - but I just don't believe that they are going to make it so complicated that the guests will have to plan out every single day to buy their tickets. ("Well, Tuesday at Epcot is cheaper - so we'll go there on Tuesday...")
Except I think the reason they are doing it now is to incorporate increased demand at DHS after SWL opens into the mix. So I think you'll see an upcharge for DHS.

Yeah, I don't understand that. Why wouldn't they incorporate the food at the kiosks instead of a counter service meal? I think it would be more of a "deal" if you got a certain amount of items from the kiosks and reserved seating.

Like buying a certain amount of tickets at taste of Chicago that you use to get food at the booths.
And Liberty Inn of all places. Not a very good quick service.

It’s not an if it’s a when. Disney has said tiered multi-day pricing is coming.

It won’t be just like it is now either. It will likely be similar to the single day ticket in which they have seasons. I also think Len is right in that there will be the most expensive option where you can use it anytime rather than worry about those seasons.

I get that it's going to happen - I just don't buy that it's going to be as complicated as people are saying. The last time they rolled out the tiered pricing (for single days) it was much simpler than the rumors said - which were talking about the complex multi-day tickets. Just saying let's wait and see what they actually do before fretting over it.

And Liberty Inn of all places. Not a very good quick service.

I think that is your answer - it’s for people who want the ticket but don’t want to do a table service so gives them an option - even if not a great one

If it was an awesome thing then everyone would do it and would defeat the purpose

I think that is your answer - it’s for people who want the ticket but don’t want to do a table service so gives them an option - even if not a great one

If it was an awesome thing then everyone would do it and would defeat the purpose
That is true. I contemplated waiting and trying to do this but I booked the dining package instead. I still might cancel and just eat around the booths instead. My November trip will be very Epcot and DHS based.

So I have some questions about this.

This blog post says that the Railroad will be down starting in DECEMBER, yet I've been trying to book one of those behind the scenes train tours in November and there haven't been dates listed. Yet there are dates/times listed for all of October and all of December and all of January.

Were they just originally planning to start the Railroad shutdown in November and now it is officially in December? Or is there something else going on that prevents the tours happening in November? Just hoping to book that tour in November and I was wondering why those dates were never listed. Maybe they will be soon (as of today they are still not).

I've asked before, but does anyone know for sure:
1) Why there are no train tours listed in November
2) Will train tours still run (just without riding the train) during this outage of the railroad during the Tron construction?

So I have some questions about this.

This blog post says that the Railroad will be down starting in DECEMBER, yet I've been trying to book one of those behind the scenes train tours in November and there haven't been dates listed. Yet there are dates/times listed for all of October and all of December and all of January.

Were they just originally planning to start the Railroad shutdown in November and now it is officially in December? Or is there something else going on that prevents the tours happening in November? Just hoping to book that tour in November and I was wondering why those dates were never listed. Maybe they will be soon (as of today they are still not).

I've asked before, but does anyone know for sure:
1) Why there are no train tours listed in November
2) Will train tours still run (just without riding the train) during this outage of the railroad during the Tron construction?
Your best bet is calling and asking. It’s possible the calendar isn’t up to date in their system which happens a lot.

Christopher Robin drops to third in it's second week with $12.4m

I hope it is able to turn a profit so Disney will be willing to do more films like this ... though if people wonder why they keep doing sequels and live action remakes - those never (well, rarely at least) fail to turn a profit

"In its second weekend, Christopher Robin dropped 49% to bring in $12.4 million. That’s a bigger drop than Disney was likely hoping for, though it’s not a horrifically bad one. The Winnie the Pooh-branded movie is now sitting at $50 million domestically and $62.1 million worldwide. It is in twenty-five overseas markets and will continue to expand in coming weeks. The film has a ways to go before it hits a profit margin thanks to its $75 million budget, and looks to close out with about $75 million to $80 million domestically."

Christopher Robin drops to third in it's second week with $12.4m

I hope it is able to turn a profit so Disney will be willing to do more films like this ... though if people wonder why they keep doing sequels and live action remakes - those never (well, rarely at least) fail to turn a profit

"In its second weekend, Christopher Robin dropped 49% to bring in $12.4 million. That’s a bigger drop than Disney was likely hoping for, though it’s not a horrifically bad one. The Winnie the Pooh-branded movie is now sitting at $50 million domestically and $62.1 million worldwide. It is in twenty-five overseas markets and will continue to expand in coming weeks. The film has a ways to go before it hits a profit margin thanks to its $75 million budget, and looks to close out with about $75 million to $80 million domestically."
I have yet to see it. Not because I don’t want to but because I just haven’t had time.

same here - and keep hearing not really a kids movie so originally was planning to take the kids but now second guessing that
It is an adult movie but kids certainly enjoy it as well. I wouldn't skip taking kids to it on account of it being geared towards adults. Kids can still enjoy it.

I think that’s mainly due to the message. It’s more of an adult message. Everything I’ve seen said it’s family friendly though.

Yeah exactly. I took my 4-year-old to see it and she didn't hate it, but she did ask my twice if it was over, which is generally a hint that she's ready to go lol. I think most of the plot points go way over kids' heads- they just see the silly ol' bear but they don't really understand or care about the grown man running around. (I'm not sure my daughter really grasped that he was the little boy all grown up- the transition in the beginning wasn't super obvious) It was an adorable movie though! Definitely recommend it for parents of small kids

I think that’s mainly due to the message. It’s more of an adult message. Everything I’ve seen said it’s family friendly though.

It is an adult movie but kids certainly enjoy it as well. I wouldn't skip taking kids to it on account of it being geared towards adults. Kids can still enjoy it.

oh yeah, didn't mean to imply that it wasn't appropriate for kids and Christopher Robin was cursing Pooh out or something... just that I heard some kids got bored in it and just gave me some pause

I actually have a few days alone this week as my wife is taking the kids to her parents so maybe I will go see it then

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter