News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

I love how they draw in about a dozen folks hanging out around the platform.... real life would be so many folks lined you, you probably couldn't even see the platform.... ha ha

Do we know how many people they think these will be able to accomodate at any given time? Seems like pretty longs lines would form pretty quickly if the cars only hold maybe 5-10 folks each.

I love how they draw in about a dozen folks hanging out around the platform.... real life would be so many folks lined you, you probably couldn't even see the platform.... ha ha

Do we know how many people they think these will be able to accomodate at any given time? Seems like pretty longs lines would form pretty quickly if the cars only hold maybe 5-10 folks each.
Each gondola will hold 8-10. It really depends how quickly they plan to dispatch a gondola to know capacity numbers. While there could be a line at certain times I can’t see it being any worse than waiting for a monorail. This theoretically should be better than that since it’s constantly moving and landing where as a monorail isn’t.

Thing is though, there are cars coming all the time. Figure a bus comes every 10 minute to any hotel and 50 people get on a bus. With two gondolas per minute at an average of 7 per gondola then in the same amount of time you would get 140 people on board.

I am sure in the mornings there will be crowds to get to park openings, but other times it shouldn't be too bad as it is continually loading. plus, there is the bridge there that I am sure they can stretch the line on to when needed so probably don't need as much waiting space actually in/next to the station

Doppelmayr has quoted capacity as being 3K/hr. 8 riders per car(capacity) leaving every 8 seconds(stated departure rate) is 3,600/hr. So, the quoted 3000 hourly rate is 80% of full capacity.

A bus holds ~50 people and a full one would have to depart every minute to reach 3000/hr. Thus conversely the gondola system can move a full bus load of people every 60 seconds or less. Or a full capacity monorail train worth of people(360) every 7 minutes.

Unless there is an issue then end of the day crowd is the only time you'll see any significant line.

Last edited:
Doppelmayr has quoted capacity as being 3K/hr. 8 riders per car(capacity) leaving every 8 seconds(stated departure rate) is 3,600/hr. So, the quoted 3000 hourly rate is 80% of full capacity.

A bus holds ~50 people and one would have to depart every minute to reach 3000/hr. Thus conversely the gondola system can move a full bus load of people every 60 seconds. Or a full capacity monorail train worth of people(360) every 7.25 minutes.
So since the skyliner is servicing four hotels to two parks. The bus system if a bus arrives every 10 minutes for each park at each resort would be 8 busses every ten minutes. Which would be 2400 people an hour. So if the skyliner can hit that 3000 seems like it would be be pretty effective. If my calculations are correct.

Which is the case of any form of non-walking form of transport at the end of the night or after fireworks.
And the skyliner will be faster than just about every mode of transportation out of the parks at that time. I think they only thing that has similar or higher hourly capacity is the TTC to MK ferries when all 3 are in operation since they hold about 600 people each.

And the skyliner will be faster than just about every mode of transportation out of the parks at that time. I think they only thing that has similar or higher hourly capacity is the TTC to MK ferries when all 3 are in operation since they hold about 600 people each.

Plus it should "feel" faster as it is continually loading so even if in a long line you will be moving all the time vs being in a mob of people and not moving for many minutes at a time waiting for the next monorail or ferry

So since the skyliner is servicing four hotels to two parks. The bus system if a bus arrives every 10 minutes for each park at each resort would be 8 busses every ten minutes. Which would be 2400 people an hour. So if the skyliner can hit that 3000 seems like it would be be pretty effective. If my calculations are correct.

And when have you seen a bus arrive every 10 minutes?

And of course buses are subject to the effects of traffic while I hope we can expect that, once you board a skyliner, your trip to your destination will take a pretty reliable amount of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!