News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

That also had a skyliner didn't it?

Not that I remember (doesn't mean there weren't plans, just that I don't remember reading about it). There was the people mover type transportation, but they also had different levels of road for different types of vehicles, and no traffic lights to keep the flow of the vehicles going.

The bottom level was for trucks for supplies:

upload_2018-1-15_14-34-54.png

The middle level was for cars with parking spaces for the hotel:

upload_2018-1-15_14-35-32.png

And then th etop level was for the monorail and people mover type transportation.

Not that I remember (doesn't mean there weren't plans, just that I don't remember reading about it). There was the people mover type transportation, but they also had different levels of road for different types of vehicles, and no traffic lights to keep the flow of the vehicles going.

The bottom level was for trucks for supplies:

View attachment 295290

The middle level was for cars with parking spaces for the hotel:

View attachment 295291

And then th etop level was for the monorail and people mover type transportation.

Cool.

Have you ever noticed the skyliner in the EPCOT model seen on People Mover in MK?

That seemed odd to me, but there it was. Not sure how old that is though.

Cool.

Have you ever noticed the skyliner in the EPCOT model seen on People Mover in MK?

That seemed odd to me, but there it was. Not sure how old that is though.

I never noticed that (so much to look at though :))

I'm trying to find pictures, but I can really see any clear ones (understandably).

I'm trying to find pictures, but I can really see any clear ones (understandably).

Yea I looked as well. It's on the far left rear of the model, so very hidden. Will take a pic in a few weeks, just thought it was interesting.

Actually, you can kinda see it at 2:18 on here-it's the flashing tower.

But, I think it's simply a "carnival" area, not really "EPCOT transportation".

But still interesting to see a skyliner on the outskirts of EPCOT from that long ago, and now there will be one.

Actually, you can kinda see it at 2:18 on here-it's the flashing tower.

But, I think it's simply a "carnival" area, not really "EPCOT transportation".

But still interesting to see a skyliner on the outskirts of EPCOT from that long ago, and now there will be one.

Oh look at that, there it is!

You're right, it looks like it only goes from one side of that carnival area to the other.

The Disneyland Skyway opened in 1956, so I'm sure they would have found a way to incorporate it into the original EPCOT somehow!

For those concerned about ECVs on the Skyliner, I posted the info below on the Skyliner thread. It may clear up some concerns.

Below is a link to the cable car system in London reviewed by a gentleman who uses a power wheelchair. The London system was built by Dopplemayr. It is completely wheelchair accessible. The cabin looks pretty similar to what Disney has proposed in the drawings.

https://wheelchairtravel.org/london-cable-car-emirates-aviation-experience/

Also, there is information on the Emirates Air Line website (note:that's what the cable car line is called) that give dimensions and stats of what the gondola can hold.

http://www.emiratesairline.co.uk/faqs/

News

I-4 near Disney Springs is currently shut down due to a car crash. Heavy traffic in the area of course.

try searching for "Progress City" as that is what that model is called - I do think it is just part of the carnival area like you have since mentioned

One interesting note is that what you see while riding the people mover is actually only half of the model - it was twice the size originally

The blue line in this image roughly shows what survived the original model - also, originally there was a lot more lighting and moving pieces

PROGRESS-CITY-MODEL.jpg

try searching for "Progress City" as that is what that model is called - I do think it is just part of the carnival area like you have since mentioned

One interesting note is that what you see while riding the people mover is actually only half of the model - it was twice the size originally

The blue line in this image roughly shows what survived the original model - also, originally there was a lot more lighting and moving pieces

PROGRESS-CITY-MODEL.jpg
Its amazing how big the real model was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter