News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

I feel like we are about to enter a lull in terms of park development. We'll have plenty of news of existing/current projects, but I think new announcements will be few and far between for a while. They have really taken on a lot of projects in the last year. There is plenty more for them to do, but I think most everything is going to be on hold short term. Has any more news relative to Epcot projects come out, hotel near the front of the park, attraction at UK pavillion, futureworld etc? We have guardians, the rat, and the skyliner that are actively in process. Any more on the space restaurant?

I feel like we are about to enter a lull in terms of park development. We'll have plenty of news of existing/current projects, but I think new announcements will be few and far between for a while. They have really taken on a lot of projects in the last year. There is plenty more for them to do, but I think most everything is going to be on hold short term. Has any more news relative to Epcot projects come out, hotel near the front of the park, attraction at UK pavillion, futureworld etc? We have guardians, the rat, and the skyliner that are actively in process. Any more on the space restaurant?

According to Martin on wdwmagic, EPCOT hotel and Seas pavillion is more than blue sky. Wonders of Life and Imagination is still roughly blue sky. Space restaurant still looks like its happening. Mary Poppins is quiet right now which is not a bad thing but still looks like a go.

I know but for the whole Pixar Pier thing they could’ve put the Pixar ball or something on there. I’m just not a huge fan of the overlay feeling of this land. If I see it in person that could change though.

I hate the name, and understand the frustrating with mix of theme, but would you really rather see a giant Pixar Ball on the wheel than Mickey? That just would like silly IMO. I'm not a fan of the overlay, but my thinking is at least they didn't ruin one of the best icons in the parks.

I hate the name, and understand the frustrating with mix of theme, but would you really rather see a giant Pixar Ball on the wheel than Mickey? That just would like silly IMO. I'm not a fan of the overlay, but my thinking is at least they didn't ruin one of the best icons in the parks.
I’d rather them keep Mickey and the original theme of the fun wheel ;)

I’d rather them keep Mickey and the original theme of the fun wheel ;)

Agree but if there were set on doing this, they should have gone all in rather than doing, what feels like, a cheap overlay/temporary event

Maybe he's jumping before being pushed out lol

Dans a really good guy, met him back in 2009 when he ran Epcot and I was a cast member

At his age I wouldn't be surprised if its a mixture of seeing the writting on the wall and getting out while he can with his package as well as him knowing he could make decent money as a consultant after VPing for Disney. Kinda Early for a normal retirement at his level within the company

At his age I wouldn't be surprised if its a mixture of seeing the writting on the wall and getting out while he can with his package as well as him knowing he could make decent money as a consultant after VPing for Disney. Kinda Early for a normal retirement at his level within the company
Yep. His dad of course was a big part of the company too.

wait someone clue me in, what writing on the wall etc?
There are three interpretations I can come up with. First, there are people who think Disney is trending the wrong direction. For someone with a long time family connection and a high position in the parks, if you agree that Disney is not trending the right way, then an employee with that kind of connection might see "writing on the wall" for the way the company used to be run. The statement is predicated on the point of view of the person making it and the assumption that it is shared.

The second interpretation is, for a long time employee, that they personally see "the writing on the wall" regarding their status in the company. In corporate America you usually have a good feel for whether your star is rising or falling, and a long-time employee at that level that feels like his/her influence is dropping, then the writing might be on the wall for them with the company.

Third. If you have a large retirement package predicated on the current price of the stock, and you feel the stock price is going to drop, then retirement might be financially beneficial. In this case, the "writing on the wall" pertains to the financial health of the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter