News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gay Days Orlando is changing dates next year. It's been the first weekend of June forever. It'll be August 13-19th.
If I remember right it was something about the usual host hotel (Double Tree) rented out their location to another event during the typical Gay Days Orlando event.
Interesting to note that competitors like One Magical Weekend have decided to NOT change their scheduled dates.

This also throws the Gay Days crowd in with the early nights of Not So Scary. This is going to be a mess.

(I made a thread about this on the Gay and Lesbian board)

If you're planning to be in the San Francisco area between May 17 and January 7, 2019, you might want to check out the Walt Disney Family Museum's new exhibit on Walt's nine old men:

https://www.waltdisney.org/exhibitions/walt-disneys-nine-old-men-masters-animation

Yes, I think we'll have time for this during our two week vacation in CA! Thanks for posting!

EDIT: We'll take a look see in San Francisco

I saw the museum last year while on DCL, and I have to say if you haven't been to it and get the chance to go, do it! It was absolutely awesome to see all the artifacts, drawings, mock lands, etc. from Walt's childhood through his days with the studio. I spent a good 4-5 hours in there reading everything and looking at everything. Definitely a must do for the bucket list!

I saw the museum last year while on DCL, and I have to say if you haven't been to it and get the chance to go, do it! It was absolutely awesome to see all the artifacts, drawings, mock lands, etc. from Walt's childhood through his days with the studio. I spent a good 4-5 hours in there reading everything and looking at everything. Definitely a must do for the bucket list!

Going to California is literally on my husbands Bucket List.
upload_2018-4-25_11-2-10.png

We really plan on going all out on this trip!

Gay Days Orlando is changing dates next year. It's been the first weekend of June forever. It'll be August 13-19th.
If I remember right it was something about the usual host hotel (Double Tree) rented out their location to another event during the typical Gay Days Orlando event.
Interesting to note that competitors like One Magical Weekend have decided to NOT change their scheduled dates.

This also throws the Gay Days crowd in with the early nights of Not So Scary. This is going to be a mess.

Puts it close to DLs too

Crazy thing to move such a tradition to a worse time of year. Yes its close to Halloween but the weather in August isnt the best and its more Hurricane season. Im sure there is valid reasons but tradition still has its place. I find it interesting though that the other groups said they arent moving there dates, I wonder if that will effect turn out? Time will tell

While that is my initial feeling as well, we’ve got to remember that very few Disney park goers care about a distinction between Pixar and Disney. Having Mickey’s face there reinforces the idea that Pixar is Disney and vice versa.
I know but for the whole Pixar Pier thing they could’ve put the Pixar ball or something on there. I’m just not a huge fan of the overlay feeling of this land. If I see it in person that could change though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter