News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuengling.....and I can't get any where I live.....Arghhhhhhhhhpirate:

Will get some this weekend watching baseball in South Carolina, can't wait!
Never understood the yanglang thing-- It's made with corn predominately. I grew up an hour from pottsville. They didn't even understand why it took off, as it has been around forever..... and for anyon, all of their beers are lagers-- even the ales...... all fermented in one room (at least in the original brewery) and all with lager yeast at lagering temperatures.....

Never understood the yanglang thing-- It's made with corn predominately. I grew up an hour from pottsville. They didn't even understand why it took off, as it has been around forever..... and for anyon, all of their beers are lagers-- even the ales...... all fermented in one room (at least in the original brewery) and all with lager yeast at lagering temperatures.....
I thinks it’s ok as a change of pace as it’s not available locally for me but I would not search for it.

I think it was now Michael Phelps where Armstrong was.

Agree about the flag part - that and the astronauts from the Challenger get me

That gets me, too. I remember when the Challenger exploded, walking to the mall after school with my best friend, and eating at Round Table Pizza while we watched the news coverage.

That gets me, too. I remember when the Challenger exploded, walking to the mall after school with my best friend, and eating at Round Table Pizza while we watched the news coverage.

We were in class (grammar school) and the wheeled in tv's so we could watch the launch.

My BIL went crazy for Yuengling when he visited. I’m in Harrisburg, so it’s everywhere.

We were in class (grammar school) and the wheeled in tv's so we could watch the launch.

Ouch. My husband saw it live but I didn’t. I think about the kids in Christa McAuliffe’s class and how traumatic it must have been. I was in high school, so that totally dates me.

I wonder if the World of Disney will be sufficiently disrupted I can avoid it with my 5-year-old in June. The only time I’ve been able to tolerate that store was when I was alone, it had just opened for the day, and I’d stopped at Dockside Margaritas first.

Do we have an opening date? Or any guesses?
We went tonight 2/13/18, so it has reopened!
Unfortunately, it was our first time seeing the show so I can’t tell you what has changed, but there were many recent faces in the last bit. We really enjoyed it.

Oh, I am sure there are lots of people out there that don't have the same taste buds as me. Give me a Yuengling on tap and I am a happy man.

Oh, I am sure there are lots of people out there that don't have the same taste buds as me. Give me a Yuengling on tap and I am a happy man.
I don't mind Yuengling-growing up in PA, you have lots of access to it. I'd much rather drink that than the swill that dominates the beer scene - mainly, any of the Bud, Miller, or Coors nastiness.

The flag rising at the WTC gets me every time too. I was only like 20 or 21 at the time so it brings back a lot of memories and feelings. As for the challenger I was only in 1st or 2nd grade and we were not allowed to watch it or that is what I remember. I was really too young to really understand all of what had happened so I do not have a connection to it like I do with 9/11. I do love this new version and can't wait to be able to see it in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter