News Round Up 2017

Spirit or WDW1974 rumor update

A Star Wars boutique resort is being looked at but don't expect it in the near term. It's being considered for both coasts.

Don't expect Star Wars in China anytime soon.

New Haunted Mansion themed eatery is coming.

Pandora is ready to go.

Frozen land is a done deal for Hong Kong.

Fire mountain concepts aren't being revived.

That's something I have realized is quite a confusing thing when people talk about applying offers to their existing reservation. Time and time again I've seen people say "no no no you HAVE to book a new reservation then cancel your old one that's what Disney will do anyways".

Sorry, I should have used more precise language. I'll go edit my initial post after I type this.

The system doesn't actually cancel and rebook. Rather, any changes requested have to meet whatever rate and/or stay restrictions that are currently in place. If everything is copacetic, the change will go through and the reservation number will remain unchanged.

Example: Original reservation is for Friday arrival for three nights. Imagine that the guest wants to amend it to arrive on Saturday for one night. If that Saturday night currently has minimum stay requirement of 2 or more nights, that change will be denied.

However, if the guest wants to change to arrive on Saturday but still stay three nights, the change will go through with the same reservation number. And anything connected to the reservations (like payments) will remain.​

So, it's not really that reservation changes are actually canceled and rebooked. Rather, it's just that any changes must meet the current restrictions in place.

Last edited:

Sorry, I should have used more precise language. I'll go edit my initial post after I type this.

The system doesn't actually cancel and rebook. Rather, any changes requested have to meet whatever rate and/or stay restrictions that are currently in place. If everything is copacetic, the change will go through and the reservation number will remain unchanged.

Example: Original reservation is for Friday arrival for three nights. Imagine that the guest wants to amend it to arrive on Saturday for one night. If that Saturday night currently has minimum stay requirement of 2 or more nights, that change will be denied.

However, if the guest wants to change to arrive on Saturday but still stay three nights, the change will go through with the same reservation number. And anything connected to the reservations (like payments) will remain.​

So, it's not really that reservation changes are actually canceled and rebooked. Rather, it's just that any changes must meet the current restrictions in place.

I think the word you're looking for is modification. If the reservation is changed but the confirmation number is the same then the guest was able to modify. If a new confirmation number is given then there was a cancellation and new booking done, at least that's how my company does it (and for us resevations can only be modified so long as the changes do not include changing the property being stayed at).

Spirit or WDW1974 rumor update

A Star Wars boutique resort is being looked at but don't expect it in the near term. It's being considered for both coasts.

Don't expect Star Wars in China anytime soon.

New Haunted Mansion themed eatery is coming.

Pandora is ready to go.

Frozen land is a done deal for Hong Kong.

Fire mountain concepts aren't being revived.

Haunted mansion themed eatery that sounds very good. Is this for wdw or Disneyland or both?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter