News Round Up 2017

My fiancee had a slight panic attack, worried about our wedding guests, until she say it was just for May. Hopefully it doesn't get delayed, as we have guests that will be staying there for our late June wedding.

According to the article the places are supposed to be closed until at least late 2017, and in my eyes, that is ambitious. Those places will be closed in June. Construction will be going for the next few years on the resort as a whole.

Are we sure its just in May? I am also going in June and figured in May the construction would start and continue for another two years....am I off on this?

According to the article the places are supposed to be closed until at least late 2017, and in my eyes, that is ambitious. Those places will be closed in June. Construction will be going for the next few years on the resort as a whole.

Wow, we both read it wrong on the bus. It just starts May 1st...oh boy...

Wow, we both read it wrong on the bus. It just starts May 1st...oh boy...

Yeah, I'd get people to change resorts. Don't get too freaked out, plenty of time to make some switches, but I'd suggest people get out of there.

The new express transportation received a price increase:

$19 for one day
$29 for the week

There's a dedicated thread that shared this info, I posted here for general info/news, see the thread for more discussion/details. :)

Thanks for posting it here too. I expected a price increase but it wasn't as much as I thought it would be. Wonder if they're still figuring out the ceiling.

$19 for one day
$29 for the week

There's a dedicated thread that shared this info, I posted here for general info/news, see the thread for more discussion/details. :)

I figured it was only a matter of time. My fiancee and I took advantage of it from the 17th to the 21st. We really liked it. Getting dropped off in the middle of the park is pretty nice, and only having to go through security once.

Thanks for posting this info!

Thanks for posting it here too. I expected a price increase but it wasn't as much as I thought it would be. Wonder if they're still figuring out the ceiling.

Yeah, I think the modest increase shows they still want people to use it and are trying to quietly, slowly, creep the price up. Wondering if the price will stay here until May, when I'm going, or will see other increases

I agree it's not as high as I anticipated however I would say a $5 increase over a 78 day time period is still high if you consider you know that will go up again and we don't know how quickly it will go up. $5 increase but steady price for 1 year or even more is much better than a $5 increase in 78 days followed by another $5 (just as an example) increase in another couple of months.

My only holdback is most days we do one park in the morning, head back to hotel and then do a different park in the evening. We rarely go straight from one park to another and especially with a toddler this time on the trip. Think after thinking it over we won't do this. If we see the need one day, might do that.

I agree it's not as high as I anticipated however I would say a $5 increase over a 78 day time period is still high if you consider you know that will go up again and we don't know how quickly it will go up. $5 increase but steady price for 1 year or even more is much better than a $5 increase in 78 days followed by another $5 (just as an example) increase in another couple of months.

Yes, I felt that 24 for 7 days was quite a bargain. I figured it would go up once it becomes more well known/popular. I'm not super willing to pay much more than 30/pp for 7 days. I guess we will see how this shakes out.

My only holdback is most days we do one park in the morning, head back to hotel and then do a different park in the evening. We rarely go straight from one park to another and especially with a toddler this time on the trip. Think after thinking it over we won't do this. If we see the need one day, might do that.

For mostly adults and a more temperate time of year, I can see the value. I do have it worked in for summer but I expect we will likely want to get out of the parks entirely during the 1-5 pm hours.

Yes, I felt that 24 for 7 days was quite a bargain. I figured it would go up once it becomes more well known/popular. I'm not super willing to pay much more than 30/pp for 7 days. I guess we will see how this shakes out.
I'm right there with you when I heard that it was only $24 I was like whoa that's a good deal..but I also knew it likely wouldn't stay such a good deal for long. I do know that there were multiple people who said they felt it was a good price but too much more than that price and it wouldn't be worth it or they would be less interested in utilizing it.

$19 for one day
$29 for the week

Were people really buying just the 1-day? The pricing still, to me, seems high for a 1-day but then really good for the week

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter