News Round Up 2017

I figured it was only a matter of time. My fiancee and I took advantage of it from the 17th to the 21st. We really liked it. Getting dropped off in the middle of the park is pretty nice, and only having to go through security once.

Thanks for posting this info!
How were the wait times?

Honest question have they raised the prices before on the current year ?meaning since this is for the 2017 dining plan and we are in 2017..hopefully that makes sense. I don't pay too much attention to the historical info on the Dining Plan.
Not exactly sure. My guess is this would be for anything booked from now on. I think the last time they did it, it was during the year too.

Seems like as usual they will raise the price on the park hopping bus service until it's not worth it anymore. I would personally consider it barely worth it now, but that's because on the rare occasion we hop, we usually go back to the room first. We've probably done about 3 direct park to park hops in 10 years.

Seems like as usual they will raise the price on the park hopping bus service until it's not worth it anymore. I would personally consider it barely worth it now, but that's because on the rare occasion we hop, we usually go back to the room first. We've probably done about 3 direct park to park hops in 10 years.
I agree. However if you are staying at an Epcot resort it might save some time.

So, this interests me, as I am staying at the Boardwalk in May. Why would you mention that it would save time specifically for an Epcot resort? (Serious question, trying to understand why this might be more useful at those resorts.)

Normally I would be the same way but after using this I don't need the resort in between. I found it to be worth it. For 7 days its roughly $4.14 a day. Now if this gets up to say $40 a week I wouldn't find it worth it. The time savings between transportation and skipping of the security are huge.

So, this interests me, as I am staying at the Boardwalk in May. Why would you mention that it would save time specifically for an Epcot resort? (Serious question, trying to understand why this might be more useful at those resorts.)
Maybe because some park hop between DHS and Epcot which this will make easier instead of taking the boat or walking. Some also walk through Epcot and take the monorail to MK (I have done that). I don't think it matters where you stay personally this is all about how you tour the parks.

Maybe because some park hop between DHS and Epcot which this will make easier instead of taking the boat or walking. Some also walk through Epcot and take the monorail to MK (I have done that). I don't think it matters where you stay personally this is all about how you tour the parks.

Oh okay, thanks, that makes sense! I also had considered using this service say, from AK to return to the resort. We'll be doing a Monday EMH at AK for the first half of the day. Instead of waiting for a bus back to the resort, we might catch the Express Bus (depending on where we end up in the park) back to Epcot, grab lunch there and walk back.

Normally I would be the same way but after using this I don't need the resort in between. I found it to be worth it. For 7 days its roughly $4.14 a day. Now if this gets up to say $40 a week I wouldn't find it worth it. The time savings between transportation and skipping of the security are huge.

Since you've actually gotten to use this, it's good to know that you a) think it's worth it and b) think it would stop being worth it at $40. Helps me plan in case the prices do go up again before May! Thanks!

Oh okay, thanks, that makes sense! I also had considered using this service say, from AK to return to the resort. We'll be doing a Monday EMH at AK for the first half of the day. Instead of waiting for a bus back to the resort, we might catch the Express Bus (depending on where we end up in the park) back to Epcot, grab lunch there and walk back.

Since you've actually gotten to use this, it's good to know that you a) think it's worth it and b) think it would stop being worth it at $40. Helps me plan in case the prices do go up again before May! Thanks!
This May? I can't see it going up again so soon. It's not like they have full buses most buses are still pretty empty when people use this.

This May? I can't see it going up again so soon. It's not like they have full buses most buses are still pretty empty when people use this.

Yep, this May. I read somewhere that this price increase today came after 72 days, and my trip is just a little over 70 days out so I thought I'd better have a good number in my head of what we should be willing to pay, just in case an increase comes right before our trip. Hopefully it won't, as I've heard others agree with you that the buses still aren't crowded.

Yep, this May. I read somewhere that this price increase today came after 72 days, and my trip is just a little over 70 days out so I thought I'd better have a good number in my head of what we should be willing to pay, just in case an increase comes right before our trip. Hopefully it won't, as I've heard others agree with you that the buses still aren't crowded.
The add on was considered a test until now. They still haven't said its permanent but I would guess this price increase leads to believe that. I don't think they would increase it again that soon this year if at all.

Here is one example of how it might work for me. I go to MK in the am. Take the express back to Epcot. Chill at resort. Hop to another park later on. If it cuts off 20 minutes or so it might be worth it. I assume that using the IG entrance makes sense. Not sure it's reality but with planning I can see how you can cut out some time. My trips are usually in the 4 to 5 day range so if I can save a half hour here and there of park time it might be worth it.

However others have experienced it and may be in a better position to say if the real experience works out that way.

Well I did a day counter and from the date it was started, which I believe was December 7th, to the date it increased, which would be today, it was 78 days (if you include today's date in it)--anyone please correct me if I'm wrong on the dates. They may not take another increase soon but to me it's hard to predict considering we're just now coming upon the start of busier seasons (ETA: perhaps that had something to do with that..anticipating busier times and trying to offset usage by implementing an increase). It's a balance for sure Disney has to make...it's not really Express if you have too many people using it causing longer waits and it's not profitable if not enough people are using it so just like with the parties after the tiered pricing they might try to find the sweet spot where some people price out and others are not.

The full cast for the North American Tour of Aladdin has been announced. Adam Jacobs, who originated the role of Aladdin on Broadway, will play the title role in the upcoming North American Tour. He played his final performance as Aladdin on Broadway on February 12, 2017.

"Joining Jacobs will be Anthony Murphy (Genie), Isabelle McCalla (Jasmine), Jonathan Weir (Jafar), Reggie De Leon (Iago), J.C. Montgomery (Sultan), Zachary Bencal (Babkak), Philippe Arroyo (Omar), Mike Longo (Kassim), Korie Lee Blossey (Standby Genie and Sultan), Ellis C. Dawson III (Standby Genie and Babkak), and Adam Stevenson (Standby Jafar and Sultan)."

The North American Tour of Aladdin is set to begin performances on April 11th in Chicago. The show will open at the Cadillac Palace Theatre.

The current schedule for the North American Tour:
  • Chicago - April 11th-July 2nd, 2017
  • Minneapolis, MN - September 15th-October 8th, 2017
  • Seattle, WA - October 12th-October 29th, 2017
More stops should be announced soon.

Source: http://www.theatermania.com/chicago...book&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=22feb2017

How were the wait times?

I don't know if "wait times" is the correct term to use. It's a schedule. Some buses leave at the top and middle of every hour, some leave at the 10 and 40 of every hour, etc. We would go to the Express Transportation drop off/pick up area for each park as soon as we got in and ask what the schedule was for each bus. We were told to be back at the Express Transportation area 10 minutes prior to bus departure to check in.

Every bus we took left right on time. If the bus were to leave at 5pm we would check in at 450pm, get loaded on the bus around 455pm, and then the bus would leave right at 5pm.

I liked it; it was nice knowing exactly when the bus would be there and leave.

As for actual travel times, it felt shorter but I didn't compare so I can't tell you for sure. The regular bus rides always seem longer, but that could be from having to stand, having a kids toy flashing in my face, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter